Prospect Info: Nick Suzuki Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Suzuki is playing PP but sure he needs more offensive FO starts.
Yeah I suspect a lot of his points will come on the powerplay so long as he's deployed the way he is.

It does say a lot about his defensive game though to have the coach unafraid of deploying him in critical situations. I think he'll work his way up the lineup some time this year and hopefully play center. Production should sky rocket at that point

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I like how Suzuki is getting more comfortable on the ice. I think the step back and ice time gave him a little bit of confidence to get going.

after his goal, he made some nice moves and looked faster/more confident.

It was practically an empty net goal, I still can't tell if the kid has an NHL shot, he almost wiffed on that backhand.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
It was practically an empty net goal, I still can't tell if the kid has an NHL shot, he almost wiffed on that backhand.
He rifled one off the goalie's head in stride later on that game. Could only see a faint blur. He's got a really lethal shot and he masks it well

Reactions: Mrb1p

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

Didn't expect him to make that goal,tough shot,not many would have gotten it.
Well done Suzuki-san. Omedetou gozaimasu,hai!

Reactions: Runner77

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Success has a funny way of bringing out the best from us

He hasn't impressed me so far, but neither have many on this team. What the hell is wrong with Weber? Looking like Popovich out there. Even when a player pushes him around he has no reaction, no emotion.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
You have never seen Suzuki before he joined the Habs if you question his shot. It's one of his best assets and might honestly have the best shot out of all the forwards. He isn't using it because he is playing not to make mistakes.

Reactions: Mrb1p and cphabs

Mudz

David >> Michkov
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
Did you even watch the puck come over to him? You thought that was easy to handle on his backhand??

"Almost whiffed"? Lulz.....

A lot of person on this board have never played hockey, you have to give them a break. That was anything but easy to handle.

Suzuki is doing a lot of belly shots tho. He doesn't have that much time to set up in the NHL. It will be interesting to see if he adjust this season or if it's something he'll have to work on during the off-season.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Rinse and repeat. With a sprinkle of, "he never actually had the ability to begin with" and "not every player is the same, this new prospect it will work".

For sure.

It's clear environment doesn't have any impact. For example, Byron, Petry, Kulak, Domi and Danault all would have been the exact same players had they not gotten the usage and investment the Habs put into them. So who cares ? Development doesn't matter. Theres not even a shred of evidence that it could. For example, when those Habs legends said they owed much of their success to Claude Ruel helping them develop, they were being the pathological liars that we know they are.

Reactions: Mrb1p

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Suzuki: Omae wa mou shindeiru

Stalock:
R49lY0b.png

Reactions: Runner77 and Mrb1p

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
So happy he got it out of the way and at home, he was a predictably much better looking player after his first NHL goal, hopefully nowhere to go but up, he's got all the qualities of a dangerous offensive player, just needed that confidence to come back

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Suzuki is improving at every game. He doesnt need to go down in AHL. . Eric Houde, played for montreal back in 90’. And told at rds how was important to keep a guy like Suzuki around the team. What he has to do in AHL? Hes gonna have the pressure to produce and can be worse for his developpement. Houde prefered to see Fleury and Suzuki on the stairs few game instead of sending back in AHL. Play in the NHL is open ona small window. Next year. Its gonna be Caufield. So we have to keep them here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad