Prospect Info: Nick Suzuki Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
He's back on Domi's line.
He struggled earlier in the season, but now he's got more confidence, so that would interested to watch

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
He's back on Domi's line.
He struggled earlier in the season, but now he's got more confidence, so that would interested to watch
Seems like Domi is allergic to passing to him but sometimes it takes a few games to get that chemistry. These two should work well together.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Seems like Domi is allergic to passing to him but sometimes it takes a few games to get that chemistry. These two should work well together.
I would have rather seen him with KK and Drouin.

Maybe Lehkonen's the problem.

At any rate, we need Poehling in the mix to find the right combos.

Reactions: DangerDave

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
Less ? He's been playing more and more minutes and on a line that takes tough matchups with Thomson ?
Danault's line usually gets the tough matchups. Also Domi is usually getting the tough defensive matchup since he's one of our better forward. I would assume that's why Suzuki had a tough time at first. He should be better now with the added confidence.

If it doesn't work, I'd try him with Drouin and KK. That line would be a treat to watch.

paddy

Aug 2, 2005
Suzuki seems to work well with Tatar. They make quick passes to each other and it suits his game well. He gets the puck often and then has quick passing options.

Reactions: angusyoung

Jul 6, 2016
Suzuki seems to work well with Tatar. They make quick passes to each other and it suits his game well. He gets the puck often and then has quick passing options.

I'd like to see a:

Tatar-KK-Suzuki line.

Reactions: 26Mats

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
I like Suzuki on the 4th for now. It keeps him away from the best defensemen, Thompson creates a lot of space for him and does most of the dirty work in the corners and Cousins in also pretty decent for a 4th liner. He did get over 100 pts in junior one year so you know he's able to make plays.

Reactions: angusyoung

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

I'd be curious to see how well Byron-Danault-Lehkonen could do. I think they could do well, playing against the opposition's top line.

That would leave our best 6 offensive forwards to create two offensive lines from. For example: Tatar-Domi-Suzuki, Drouin-Kotkaniemi-Gallagher. But there are many interesting combos.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
For sure.

It's clear environment doesn't have any impact. For example, Byron, Petry, Kulak, Domi and Danault all would have been the exact same players had they not gotten the usage and investment the Habs put into them. So who cares ? Development doesn't matter. Theres not even a shred of evidence that it could. For example, when those Habs legends said they owed much of their success to Claude Ruel helping them develop, they were being the pathological liars that we know they are.
Wait a sec you're trying to prove Habs lack of development by showing how they developed Byron, Petry, Kulak, Domi, Danault?

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I would have rather seen him with KK and Drouin.

Maybe Lehkonen's the problem.

At any rate, we need Poehling in the mix to find the right combos.
No more KK with Drouin. they get pinched in our zone too much.
From what I read based on the wed. practice we'll see Drouin with Domi for the first time this year and either sukuki or Armia on the wing. Either would be great but I'd love to see how Nick does there. He's responsible in his own zone so it makes sense.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Everything we need to know about Suzuki's upside is demonstrated when he's on the PP. He is constantly moving OMG who would've thunk it? This is what I was hoping to get from Drouin as a Forward. I hope we keep Nick as far away from a D position on the PP as possible. He rotates to the spot on his own anyways...

Reactions: Runner77 and Mrb1p

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Wait a sec you're trying to prove Habs lack of development by showing how they developed Byron, Petry, Kulak, Domi, Danault?

How would it make sense for me to argue for more ice time for our prospects, yet also think the Habs can't develop them whatever they do ? I'll answer: it wouldn't.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
No more KK with Drouin. they get pinched in our zone too much.
From what I read based on the wed. practice we'll see Drouin with Domi for the first time this year and either sukuki or Armia on the wing. Either would be great but I'd love to see how Nick does there. He's responsible in his own zone so it makes sense.
You realize Domi is even worse than KK defensively?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad