Prospect Info: Nick Suzuki Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Suzuki is improving at every game. He doesnt need to go down in AHL. . Eric Houde, played for montreal back in 90’. And told at rds how was important to keep a guy like Suzuki around the team. What he has to do in AHL? Hes gonna have the pressure to produce and can be worse for his developpement. Houde prefered to see Fleury and Suzuki on the stairs few game instead of sending back in AHL. Play in the NHL is open ona small window. Next year. Its gonna be Caufield. So we have to keep them here
I thought he needed some time in the ahl as well but he's proving us wrong, very cerebral player and getting sharper every game

Reactions: angusyoung

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Nick is definitely settling in nicely. I was ready to send him down for AHL time but very glad they stuck with him.

Reactions: Saku K

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Can't wait till he gets a tad more selfish using that shot of his. His release is so deadly. There were two instances in particular where he got it in high danger areas but opted to pass to linemates in less favourable positions, whereas he would've wired those in juniors. It'll come.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Can't wait till he gets a tad more selfish using that shot of his. His release is so deadly. There were two instances in particular where he got it in high danger areas but opted to pass to linemates in less favourable positions, whereas he would've wired those in juniors. It'll come.
He used that shot yesterday. It's the first time I've seen it from him this season.

Reactions: jaffy27

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Too bad we are ruining Suzuki playing him with Thompson and Cousins :laugh:

you told me they'd be playing him on the 4th line before they did it I wouldn't have liked it. He's getting PP time which is good. It's working so far. I just don't think there's a hard and fast way to develop guys. It's a case by case basis. Lets hope it keeps working.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
you told me they'd be playing him on the 4th line before they did it I wouldn't have liked it. He's getting PP time which is good. It's working so far. I just don't think there's a hard and fast way to develop guys. It's a case by case basis. Lets hope it keeps working.
taking it slow isnt the norm anymore, some players can take the extra TOI and responsibilities.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
taking it slow isnt the norm anymore, some players can take the extra TOI and responsibilities.

oh for sure. Some can and I imagine some can't. Not saying Suzuki can't. Plus you have to imagine there's multiple ways for certain players while maybe other players maybe there's only one effective way. The point I'm trying to make is I think it's a complex issue. Right now this is working for Suzuki (though I was sure it wouldn't) so I'm good with his usage.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
oh for sure. Some can and I imagine some can't. Not saying Suzuki can't. Plus you have to imagine there's multiple ways for certain players while maybe other players maybe there's only one effective way. The point I'm trying to make is I think it's a complex issue. Right now this is working for Suzuki (though I was sure it wouldn't) so I'm good with his usage.
problem with this org, mostly Julien is there's only the slow way for him/them.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
will get 15 minutes one day...

Suzuki doesn't look out of place on the fourth line at all right now, he's working hard and he's using his IQ to find soft ice and create scoring chances. The fourth line isn't necessarily a death sentence for a young skilled player if they have the right skill sets, which ultimately Suzuki has.

He's been great again tonight against the Wild.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Suzuki doesn't look out of place on the fourth line at all right now, he's working hard and he's using his IQ to find soft ice and create scoring chances. The fourth line isn't necessarily a death sentence for a young skilled player if they have the right skill sets, which ultimately Suzuki has.

good enough reason to give him a little more once in a while. Same for KK.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

I'm ready to see Drouin-Kotkaniemi-Suzuki.

Reactions: Chez Jesperi

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
at the very least until Armia is back...

Right now, Suzie is playing less than healthy scrath Weal!

Ain't that just crazy. Julien says he goes by merit, yet plays Weal for 15:06, Lehkonen for 16:49.

Suzuki played a real solid game ; 12:00, Kotkaniemi ; 13:40 .

Even Cousins who is playing better than Weal AND Lehkonen ... 9:09 ( 1:37 on PP :huh: )

Reactions: DangerDave

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Ain't that just crazy. Julien says he goes by merit, yet plays Weal for 15:06, Lehkonen for 16:49.

Suzuki played a real solid game ; 12:00, Kotkaniemi ; 13:40 .

Even Cousins who is playing better than Weal AND Lehkonen ... 9:09 ( 1:37 on PP :huh: )
That is perplexing. Thought Suzuki and Cousins looked good all night. KK had a tough game but I'd rather have him out there when I'm down by a goal than Weal or Lehky.

Reactions: Mrb1p
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad