Confirmed with Link: Nick Robertson wins OHL’s William Hanley Trophy

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Hockey players are known for their highly creative nicknames. I imagine ‘Robs’ is the front runner.

Robo
robot.png

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Robertson can sub in this playoffs for sure but if he plays 10 games we lose a year of his ELC.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Robertson can sub in this playoffs for sure but if he plays 10 games we lose a year of his ELC.
Might not be the worst thing to happen. Instead imagine how much more it may cost coming out of his ELC with 3 full years of production, and at a year older.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
If it means we get past the first round (the real 1st round not the play-in) I'll take that trade.
We have other subs like Agostino that can do a good job bottom six. He’s a gamer that plays a good 200 ft game. If Robertson earns it great

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Is Robertson not already done quarantine? Haven’t seen a sniff of on ice news about him.

Last edited:

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
If it means we get past the first round (the real 1st round not the play-in) I'll take that trade.

what about the play ins? I don’t believe those count as games the NHL said. So if he plays that series and rotates in going forward we may even be able to avoid burning a year

Reactions: Cheeks Klapanen

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Hours in the life of a Leafs player in NHL’s Phase 2 are used efficiently: Hyman

This, to us, from Ottawa 67’s general manager James Boyd on Leafs prospect Nick Robertson, who will try to earn a spot in the Toronto lineup for the Columbus series after scoring 55 goals for the Peterborough Petes last season: “He can make split-second decisions, which translates really well to pro, and he senses pressure. The coaching staff can go over it — ‘Watch Robertson, watch Robertson,’ — they can say it 100 times, but he scores the winner with no one within 30 feet of him. The pass is behind him, in front of him, in his feet, but he is going to get a shot off. He has that dexterity, even off back passes, he can let it go.”

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Hours in the life of a Leafs player in NHL’s Phase 2 are used efficiently: Hyman

This, to us, from Ottawa 67’s general manager James Boyd on Leafs prospect Nick Robertson, who will try to earn a spot in the Toronto lineup for the Columbus series after scoring 55 goals for the Peterborough Petes last season: “He can make split-second decisions, which translates really well to pro, and he senses pressure. The coaching staff can go over it — ‘Watch Robertson, watch Robertson,’ — they can say it 100 times, but he scores the winner with no one within 30 feet of him. The pass is behind him, in front of him, in his feet, but he is going to get a shot off. He has that dexterity, even off back passes, he can let it go.”
If this kid can keep the pace and play good positional hockey right away its going to be another layer of offense. He has a shot like willy and Matthews.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Your either insulting Matthews or throwing some heavy praise Nylander and Robertsons way.
It remains to be seen at the NHL level but Robertson was scoring goals very similar to how matthews was this season in the OHL. If he ends up being a better shooter than Matthews atleast off the one time I would not be insanely shocked. Nylander does not have a comparable shot too these two. He has great power ut is not a sniper and lacks a one time and accuracy. I havent been as hyped for a prospect since pre NHL nylander who people here and on TV were touting as the best prospect in the world for a short time period.

Reactions: zeke

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad