Confirmed with Link: Nick Robertson wins OHL’s William Hanley Trophy

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
He must have been drafted pre-Dubas,he’s good and we know Dubas does no good right. :) This guy is a serious draft steal. His release is deceptive and quick and hard already. That alone gives a player a Nhl chance. Many just don’t have that snap in their release.

There is not a snowballs chance in hell he plays in the Ohl next year so i hope he can build for his endurance enough to take a regular shift with the Leafs. Ahl wouldn’t hurt but this Chl rule is obstructing the right development path now. It needs to be fixed because he could use a year in the Ahl if it was deemed necessary.

Last edited:

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
This kid wants it. His training videos are intense and his hands ares silky smooth. He is doing everything right and I hope it turns into an elite player.
Do you have access to these videos to post? I wouldn’t mind seeing a couple of them if you could post them

Mar 12, 2009
He must have been drafted pre-Dubas,he’s good and we know Dubas does no good right. :) This guy is a serious draft steal. His release is deceptive and quick and hard already. That alone gives a player a Nhl chance. Many just don’t have that snap in their release.

There is not a snowballs chance in hell he plays in the Ohl next year so i hope he can build for his endurance enough to take a regular shift with the Leafs. Ahl wouldn’t hurt but this Chl rule is obstructing the right development path now. It needs to be fixed because he could use a year in the Ahl if it was deemed necessary.
when drafted people complained he's a typical Dubas pick, taking only "smurfs"...now those same people have done a 180 in terms of what they think of the pick. It's almost as if draft day reactionary posters are silly af.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Maybe I’m overreacting a bit too much but at this point, I’ll be shocked if he doesn’t turn into the next Patrick Kane.

I don't think he's anything like Patty Kane?

I am hoping for a prime Hornqvist type. Doesn't shy away from tough play, great release, decent skating, shows up in big moments.

Reactions: shanwhatplan

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
We will see come camp and preseason what we really got. But sounds promising. Unless some trades are made in off season cant see him sticking. There is just no room on roster. Hyman and Mik going nowhere. Clifford will get 4th line spot. So it comes down to quite a few guys for 3rd line LW. Barabanov, AJ, Kork?
On right side it is even worse.
Can he beat out AJ even?
Anywho good to have lots of positional depth on wing. Hopefully we can convert to defenders and centres where we are weaker.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
He reminds me a lot of Marchand, aside from the Marchand side-show antics.

That's a tough one too, Marchand developed elite vision and defensive play (I think he always had the dangles) later in his career. Not sure Nick will be that quality of a playmaker. Otherwise, I like it....pure motor and drive. Love it in a player.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad