Former Bruins Nick Ritchie III

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Ritchie has wanted no part of Wilson all series. The sequence you are referring to, Ritchie chooses to remain kneeling because he knows if he stands up, Wilson might try to rag doll him into a fight. He finally stands up when two refs are between him and Wilson.

Ritchie is tough for sure, but he wants no part of Wilson.

I think you've got this the other way. Wilson has been bambi whenever Ritchie is nearby... EXCEPT when Ritchie is on his knees.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Ritchie has wanted no part of Wilson all series. The sequence you are referring to, Ritchie chooses to remain kneeling because he knows if he stands up, Wilson might try to rag doll him into a fight. He finally stands up when two refs are between him and Wilson.

Ritchie is a fantastic fighter. He would murk Wilson.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009

I don’t think that’s true. I don’t think Ritchie is worried about fighting Wilson. It’s not like Wilson is prime Lucic or Clark Gillies or anything. It’s probably be a close bout. Hell, Ritchie would likely win.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
The two times Wilson fought Miller he got the better of him. Wilson tied one against Frederic and beat him in the other.

The guy is a beast, I don't know why people don't want to admit it.

Aside from being wrong about Ritchie not wiping the floor with him...on what planet was the first Wilson Frederic fight a tie?

And even if it was.....Frederic is 185 soaking wet..

Legit heavies would tune him up 99/100.

A tie (which was a loss) and an unconvincing win on points to Frederic says everything you need to know about Wilson’s fighting ability.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Ritchie is a fantastic fighter. He would murk Wilson.

I would like to say that !
I think he can beat Wilson but for some reason he hasn't been to eager to get involved with him, he even avoided Dillon tonight after Dillon faced washed him, and Ritchie has destroyed Dillon in the past.

Reactions: BBruins

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I think he can beat Wilson but for some reason he hasn't been to eager to get involved with him, he even avoided Dillon tonight after Dillon faced washed him, and Ritchie has destroyed Dillon in the past.
With Miller out, Ritchie is really the only guy that can hold his own out there.

Unless there is a moment in the game that calls for Ritchie to make a statement or take a stand, there's that saying: look at the score. No need for the Bruins to give the Caps any morale boost, a fight vs. Ritchie in a game that the B's are winning would be just that.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
He’s probably scared of taking a penalty, because when he does this fan base writes him off. If he dummies a guy, it’s awesome, if he takes a penalty, people want him scratched.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
He’s probably scared of taking a penalty, because when he does this fan base writes him off. If he dummies a guy, it’s awesome, if he takes a penalty, people want him scratched.
Coach may be scolding the team overall for their constant trips to the box, probably part of it. Considering Ritchie’s fights, I wouldn’t say he’s afraid of Wilson and definitely not Dillon.

He doesn’t initiate a lot of fights but when people poke the bear it’s usually a mistake. He would have went with Wilson had the officials not jump in.

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
I have no rationale or basis for it, I just don't see what he really does.

With that said, I do not want them to scratch him....Third line has been playing well the last two games and Ritchie seems to not care about anything except filling whatever role the team needs him to play at a given time. Right now he's one of three guys over six feet on a third line that is doing the dirty work for this team. Keep it coming. We have enough skill in the top two lines and he adds a bit of bite. Not that anyone is suggesting it...

Reactions: sarge88

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I don’t think that’s true. I don’t think Ritchie is worried about fighting Wilson. It’s not like Wilson is prime Lucic or Clark Gillies or anything. It’s probably be a close bout. Hell, Ritchie would likely win.

Yeah, but not because he has any fire -- he doesn't -- and not because he's Shawn Thornton. He' big, he can throw, and that's it.

He probably would beat Wilson, who is not, from what I've seen, any great fighter. Just a cheap eff who does cheap shit. I hope someone maims that guy. I really do. Not nice, but that's the view from this corner.

Reactions: sarge88

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Aside from being wrong about Ritchie not wiping the floor with him...on what planet was the first Wilson Frederic fight a tie?

And even if it was.....Frederic is 185 soaking wet..

Legit heavies would tune him up 99/100.

A tie (which was a loss) and an unconvincing win on points to Frederic says everything you need to know about Wilson’s fighting ability.

Lucic would *still* kick his ass. He would destroy Wilson.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
With Miller out, Ritchie is really the only guy that can hold his own out there.

Unless there is a moment in the game that calls for Ritchie to make a statement or take a stand, there's that saying: look at the score. No need for the Bruins to give the Caps any morale boost, a fight vs. Ritchie in a game that the B's are winning would be just that.

unless they dress tinordi

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Feel free to explain how in the Wide, Wide World of Sports this an example of Wilson "getting the better of" Miller:

Count of punches landed / force delivered. Miller threw a bunch at the end over Wilson's should that didn't land.

I absolutely love Miller, have since his first days with the team, supported his re signing for this year (most here didn't), but I can be objective. I don't know why people won't just admit that Wilson is one of the toughest guys in the league now.

Reactions: PlayMakers

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
you serious??

Not sure if Ritchie would destroy him....but Ritchie can fight

Brett Ritchie beat Wilson a few times before I believe

Like I said, Ritchie is tough. He'd probably do OK against him. But the fact is, when a ref isn't between them, Ritchie has turned away from Wilson time after time when Wson tries to get in his face.

Have you seen a time when Ritchie tried to go after Wilson? If so, I missed. I just don't think he wants that dance.

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
Like I said, Ritchie is tough. He'd probably do OK against him. But the fact is, when a ref isn't between them, Ritchie has turned away from Wilson time after time when Wson tries to get in his face.

Have you seen a time when Ritchie tried to go after Wilson? If so, I missed. I just don't think he wants that dance.
Maybe he just doesn’t want to waste his time with a sore loser like Wilson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad