Former Bruins Nick Ritchie III

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Count of punches landed / force delivered. Miller threw a bunch at the end over Wilson's should that didn't land.

I absolutely love Miller, have since his first days with the team, supported his re signing for this year (most here didn't), but I can be objective. I don't know why people won't just admit that Wilson is one of the toughest guys in the league now.

There's being objective, and then there's bias in the name of objectivity. Miller bundled Wilson by the sheer fact that Wilson ducked him as soon as Miller absorbed a couple shots and came back. Wilson wanted nothing to do with him after Miller kept on coming. That's not a tough fighter, and he'd get killed by the likes of Reaves or Lucic.

Reactions: inactive user

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Like I said, Ritchie is tough. He'd probably do OK against him. But the fact is, when a ref isn't between them, Ritchie has turned away from Wilson time after time when Wson tries to get in his face.

Have you seen a time when Ritchie tried to go after Wilson? If so, I missed. I just don't think he wants that dance.

So Ritchie turning away makes him less tough, but Wilson ducking Miller for all but the first few shots of the fight makes him a tough guy? Make up your mind.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Also why would Tom Wilson fight Nick Ritchie? I said it in here after game 1 but what on earth is in it for Tom?

We may hate him but he’s clearly one of their best players. At least to me he looks like it anyways. It’s the playoffs. Why would he remove himself from the ice for 5 min for a bottom 6 guy (who I love)?

I think Ritchie would absolutely go with him if given the chance to take him off the ice. He’s not scared of the guy. Guys fought Kassian.

Reactions: PlayMakers and Kegs

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Also why would Tom Wilson fight Nick Ritchie? I said it in here after game 1 but what on earth is in it for Tom?

We may hate him but he’s clearly one of their best players. At least to me he looks like it anyways. It’s the playoffs. Why would he remove himself from the ice for 5 min for a bottom 6 guy (who I love)?

I think Ritchie would absolutely go with him if given the chance to take him off the ice. He’s not scared of the guy. Guys fought Kassian.

Wilson isn't exactly as cool as cucumber out-there. He has a short - fuse and could be easily goaded into a brawl, but I don't think the Bruins want that. Although he is one of the Caps better players, he's way more dangerous to the Bruins when he's playing dangerous and out of control. He becomes a loose cannon and could very easily end someone's career, and ruin the bruins cup dreams, so I think the Bruins have been taking the right approach with him.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
In fairness wasn't Looch still a teenager at the time ?

Taking nothing away from Orr that guy was a beast. I remember seeing him in person and he was no joke.

I think he got his nose broken in that fight, didn’t he? I think it’s probably reasonable to not want to have Colton Orr punching your broken nose, I’m ok with him waving the flag on that fight lol

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
there was that time Prout more or less jumped him too. Only two times I can remember him not getting the edge on somebody

And he pummeled Prout in the rematch. Ironically, Prout complained that he got jumped, lol.

Looch lost to Erskine very early on in his career. Learning process type loss.

Reactions: TCB and CDJ

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Like I said, Ritchie is tough. He'd probably do OK against him. But the fact is, when a ref isn't between them, Ritchie has turned away from Wilson time after time when Wson tries to get in his face.

Have you seen a time when Ritchie tried to go after Wilson? If so, I missed. I just don't think he wants that dance.

Ritchie hasnt fought this season period.

Brendan Lemieux kept pushing for it. So Ritchie gave him a knuckle sandwich

Ritchie would do the same on Wilson.

Wilson wants to try to spark his team. NR doesnt care

Reactions: Kegs

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Ritchie hasnt fought this season period.

Brendan Lemieux kept pushing for it. So Ritchie gave him a knuckle sandwich

Ritchie would do the same on Wilson.

Wilson wants to try to spark his team. NR doesnt care
Good point. Ritchie can get him on his own terms. Series far from over. Even if Ritchie pounds him, Wilson will think nothing of it.

Reactions: TCB

badbrewin

Sponsor
Jan 13, 2007
Montreal
Pro-rated over 82 games, Ritchie would have had a 22 goal season. If he were up for a contract renewal and had any real snarl and nastiness in him, intangibles that GM's and teammates value, that would likely fetch him a $3.5M annual deal.

He just gives me the impression of being so lifeless out there.

Reactions: TCB

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Ritchie didn’t need to spark his team last night. Ritchie is far more a presence that calms the other team down in post whistle stuff. Caps really only went after him after the whistle in the 3rd when they knew there only hope was getting power plays. I think Ritchie tries to hit plenty, he just doesn’t have as many hits as other guys because he is not as fast.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Ritchie has wanted no part of Wilson all series. The sequence you are referring to, Ritchie chooses to remain kneeling because he knows if he stands up, Wilson might try to rag doll him into a fight. He finally stands up when two refs are between him and Wilson.

Ritchie is tough for sure, but he wants no part of Wilson.

Ritchie does not play the game looking for fights. Sometimes I wish he would.

But if you think Ritchie is afraid of Wilson, I don’t know what to see. Absolute fantasty thinking....

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Feel free to explain how in the Wide, Wide World of Sports this an example of Wilson "getting the better of" Miller:

He did take more damaging punches to the head than Miller did. So there’s that!?!?!?

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Ritchie does not play the game looking for fights. Sometimes I wish he would.

But if you think Ritchie is afraid of Wilson, I don’t know what to see. Absolute fantasty thinking....
This is what I’m saying. He definitely isn’t trying to fight anyone. I think ritchie just wants to play hockey. I can respect that. I also wish he would pound guys tho lol. He would crush guys. When he has been in a fight he generally crushes the guy. He is a really strong tough player who can throw down. But he doesn’t. Bottom line. And I’m ok with that. It’s the new way hockey is played anyways. And he has enough talent that he doesn’t need to be out there as an enforcer. He is a big power forward who only fights out of necessity.

Edit: ritchie would destroy Tom Wilson in a fight.

Reactions: inactive user

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
Caps are down 3-1 and Wilson has been on the ice for five of eight 5-on-5 goals. Why’s Ritchie or anyone else trying to fight Wilson? Just for the sake of wanting to see someone fight?

When and if he becomes unhinged in an elimination game, fight if necessary. Otherwise, keep scoring on him, laughing at him in the scrums and hurting his pride. Stop being weird.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Caps are down 3-1 and Wilson has been on the ice for five of eight 5-on-5 goals. Why’s Ritchie or anyone else trying to fight Wilson? Just for the sake of wanting to see someone fight?

When and if he becomes unhinged in an elimination game, fight if necessary. Otherwise, keep scoring on him, laughing at him in the scrums and hurting his pride. Stop being weird.
It’s the desire for old school hockey. That’s why everyone is dying to see Wilson get smashed. It could still happen. But this is 2021. We won’t be seeing fights every night. Fights are rare now.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
And he pummeled Prout in the rematch. Ironically, Prout complained that he got jumped, lol.

Looch lost to Erskine very early on in his career. Learning process type loss.

that’s a name I hadn’t heard in awhile. Erskine was a tough dude

Reactions: jgatie

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
He is trying... but the pace is making his head spin

Looks like Islanders purposely matching Barzal line against the Coyle line. Running circles around the offensive ice. Debrusk playing offwing(no power on the backhand). And Ritchie too slow to get to skaters/cyclers

Cassidy needs to think about this. You also cant semi bench a line againat a 4 line Islanders

Last edited:
Reactions: 13Hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad