Former Bruins Nick Ritchie III

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Wilson isn't afraid of anyone outside of Reeves, Johnson, and maybe a few other guys. Ritchie inspires no fear in him. Frederic will bother him and at best get beaten in order to take him off the ice for 5 minutes.

Like ~25 other teams in the league, the Bruins have no answer for Wilson.

Ritchie and Miller beat Wilson 7 out of 10 times if they fought.

Wilson is a fraud who lost to squeaky voiced 180 Lb. middleweight Trent Frederic and intimidates nobody who knows how to fight.

The only thing intimidating about him is that he’ll injure people in dirty and cowardly ways.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Has been good so far

Two good breakout passes in game 2. One leading to a goal

At this rate/production, curious as to what his next deal looks like... one would hope 2.5ish million per... but maybe seeking Debrusk money

If left unprotected alao, I wonder if Kraken would pick him up right away

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

Wilson is a fraud who lost to squeaky voiced 180 Lb. middleweight Trent Frederic and intimidates nobody who knows how to fight.

The only thing intimidating about him is that he’ll injure people in dirty and cowardly ways.
Don't agree. Also, Frederic is listed at 203.

Last edited:
Reactions: rocketdan9

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Has been good so far

Two good breakout passes in game 2. One leading to a goal

At this rate/production, curious as to what his next deal looks like... one would hope 2.5ish million per... but maybe seeking Debrusk money

If left unprotected alao, I wonder if Kraken would pick him up right away

If was left unprotected than that means a much lesser forward was protected, which should vault Ritchie to the top of the list if Seattle are focused on taking the BPA from the Bruins.

Personally I think the 7 protected forwards are clear as day, and it includes Ritchie.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
If was left unprotected than that means a much lesser forward was protected, which should vault Ritchie to the top of the list if Seattle are focused on taking the BPA from the Bruins.

Personally I think the 7 protected forwards are clear as day, and it includes Ritchie.

what do you think his next deal looks like?

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Craig's 7th deserved the old prized title. this new negative seven thing is absurd. Savard, Spooner, Donato junior, Kaberle, Peverley... running that much minus (while others on the team put up like 30 plus and averages are significantly above zero) has regularly occured during a player's final season with the team -- that needs an award?! we are an embarrassing fandom.

:huh: WT ever loving F?

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Don't agree. Also, Frederic is listed at 203.
Not wanting to start the Frederick debate but this surprises me.

Freddy talks like he's 203 but does not play like he's 203. I'd be much much happier if he hit more and talked less. If he hits, the scraps will come. However, most players aren't going to be goaded into a stupid penalty because someone yaps at you.

On a side note, everyone is dying to know how the date worked out. Hopefully, well!!!!

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

At what point should Kuhlman get a look?

Ritchie was bad yesterday. But not enough to bench him or anything like that. Needs to finish his checks and pursue the puck harder. It was troubling when pegged in on the D end

I kind of want to see

Debrusk Coyle Kuhlman or Kase 3rd line

Drop Ritchie to the 4th or even sit him out for a game. One day extra rest. I'm sure Freddy is ready for his 1st playoff taste

Reactions: TCB

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Not wanting to start the Frederick debate but this surprises me.

Freddy talks like he's 203 but does not play like he's 203. I'd be much much happier if he hit more and talked less. If he hits, the scraps will come. However, most players aren't going to be goaded into a stupid penalty because someone yaps at you.

On a side note, everyone is dying to know how the date worked out. Hopefully, well!!!!

Freddie use to be around 215 or 220. He shed the weight before the 2019-2020 season to be a more effective player, kind of like what Miller did a few years ago to help with his skating game.

CLIFFY HOCKEY

Jan 27, 2008
Norton MA
I love the idea of a power forward ''Ritchie'' , i'm old school, I love fights and hits etc...but, imo Ritchie is just to slow , not aggresive enough physically, hitting , scrums etc etc, not a great bodychecker due to his poor skating and is a liability defensively.

Reactions: TCB

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

At what point should Kuhlman get a look?

Ritchie was bad yesterday. But not enough to bench him or anything like that. Needs to finish his checks and pursue the puck harder. It was troubling when pegged in on the D end

I kind of want to see

Debrusk Coyle Kuhlman or Kase 3rd line

Drop Ritchie to the 4th or even sit him out for a game. One day extra rest. I'm sure Freddy is ready for his 1st playoff taste

I thought the 4th line was a much bigger problem than the 3rd line

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida

The two times Wilson fought Miller he got the better of him. Wilson tied one against Frederic and beat him in the other.

The guy is a beast, I don't know why people don't want to admit it.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Nice rebound game by Ritchie

I was hoping the refs would let him pound Wilson

Ritchie has wanted no part of Wilson all series. The sequence you are referring to, Ritchie chooses to remain kneeling because he knows if he stands up, Wilson might try to rag doll him into a fight. He finally stands up when two refs are between him and Wilson.

Ritchie is tough for sure, but he wants no part of Wilson.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Ritchie has wanted no part of Wilson all series. The sequence you are referring to, Ritchie chooses to remain kneeling because he knows if he stands up, Wilson might try to rag doll him into a fight. He finally stands up when two refs are between him and Wilson.

Ritchie is tough for sure, but he wants no part of Wilson.

you serious??

Not sure if Ritchie would destroy him....but Ritchie can fight

Brett Ritchie beat Wilson a few times before I believe

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
The two times Wilson fought Miller he got the better of him. Wilson tied one against Frederic and beat him in the other.

The guy is a beast, I don't know why people don't want to admit it.

Miller beat Wilson and other time was a tie. If u watch u see once Wilson didnt have Miller tied up anymore he ditched the fight. Same thing vs McQuaid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad