Rumor: Nick Kypreos: “We know that the Habs are actively shopping Max Pacioretty” [Mod Warning #897]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Pacioretty need to go.

But the return has to be a C younger or same age, an offensive LHD younger or same age or a blue chip prospect who will eventually fill those need. Nothing else.

If other pieces are needed to achieve that, no problem.
But if Bergevin doesn't get any of that, he'll be even more dumb than i think.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Any realistic targets ?

I know Anthony mantha is basically untouchable

I would do a trade with PHX or minny lots of young talent to trade

I’m sure minny would welcome Captain PAC since he is American boy

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Francois Gagnon on Antichambre mentioned that some of the teams that expressed interest is Philly, Wings, Blues, and Penguins among many others.

member 256847

Let’s not rush it with Pacioretty. There’s no reason to jump on an offer and settle. The season is over anyway. Pacioretty probably has a lot of value still around the league because everyone can see his problems come from a poorly structured team, not to mention his good contract. I only trade him if we get several high picks or a grade A prospect.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Connor or mantha would be good

I would be all for Mantha, but I don't want Pacioretty traded for a winger. The Habs have enough wingers to take Max's spot once he leaves. The Habs need a center and/or 1LD. Those are the two positions that he needs to be traded for if they trade him for young NHL'ers or prospects.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Let’s not rush it with Pacioretty. There’s no reason to jump on an offer and settle. The season is over anyway. Pacioretty probably has a lot of value still around the league because everyone can see his problems come from a poorly structured team, not to mention his good contract. I only trade him if we get several high picks or a grade A prospect.

His cheap contract ticks down everyday. Teams want to get the most out of him while he’s on a cap friendly contract. There may be no immediate rush, but a decision has to be made soon.

Habfan10

May 16, 2015
Who could be realistic targets, just a few ones that popped into my head:
Kevin Hayes - close to home for Patches
Jimmy Vesey - see above.
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - a true C
Puljujarvi - might be too high of price but Patches would be valuable to them with a low cap.
Cam Atkinson ? Struggling now but Torts wasn't a fan of Patches in the Olympics.
Duclair
Domi - struggling and seemingly losing coaches love
None of the above. I want draft picks and or high end prospects still playing junior hockey. Something like a Robert Thomas from St. Louis still playing for London and other picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad