Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 5 - BACK TO TORONTO - Leafs 2 BRUINS 1 F/OT - Boston leads series 3-2

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I’m with you Don, I just think it’s time for players like Mac, Pasta, Zacha, Coyle, Lindholm, and Debrusk to dig deep and earn it not expect one of the GOATS to give them a magic pill of advice. Your optimistic outlook will be needed here for game 6. If Mac really wants to be the next C this is the time he needs to take the role someone like Bergy or Krejci once did and help deliver to save the team.
I'm reading comments of jets fans right now and I'm like saying hey I'm up 3 to 2 our season still in good shape. Stay positive I keep repeating. Let's go! Let's do this!!!

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
No no. You said “both of these teams would get smoked by Florida.”

It just doesn’t matter. They’re not playing Florida right now. There’s no reason to care about Florida.
The point was to look beyond this series. Florida closed theirs out in dominating fashion when they were up 3-1, and Boston failed in their attempt and looked abysmal in the process (and Toronto didn’t look much better tonight). Neither have the killer instinct Florida has.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I don't take exception to losing when the effort is there.

But that first period, in a clinching game at home, left me flabbergasted.

After last year's debacle, the Leafs imploding, Matthews out, facing a backup goalie - and that was the best effort they could muster?

I've gotten better as I've aged not getting too worked up when a bunch of millionaires lose a hockey game. But that was inexcusable.

And to escape the first period tied, with only two SOG. I thought for certain they'd grab the bull by the horns.

Second consecutive year, Game Five at home to clinch, and they lose in OT. This is not about matchups or X's and O's. This is about not being able to rise to the occasion; repeatedly.

If there was such thing as hockey Viagara, every player on the team not named Swayman would need a double dose.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Not only did I pay to watch that shit I missed Jack calling Kozari a coward? f*** I knew I should’ve stayed in

Btw the roadwork on 93 South is f***ing obnoxious after a playoff game. Took 2:30 to go from the garden to Hyannis

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I sure hope they prove me wrong, but this team doesn't seem to have the killer instinct. A chance to clinch at home, with the other team's best player scratched. When you've got your boot on the snake, you gotta stomp on the head.

This team doesn't do that. They actually lift their foot of so they can change the pair of shoes they were wearing that got them the foot onto the snake.

The snake then bites the exposed bare foot, poisons them, then they put on a pair of size 48 black and gold adidas and limp away as the poison sets in.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
If they don't come out focused and flying for game 6, things are going to be ugly.

Game 6 last year was the clusterf*** of the collapse. The most discombobulated, disorganized choke of the bunch. If they play like that again and lose, Sweeney might have to think about firing Monty before game 7.

Reactions: Gordoff and KWbruin

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
If they don't come out focused and flying for game 6, things are going to be ugly.

Game 6 last year was the clusterf*** of the collapse. The most discombobulated, disorganized choke of the bunch. If they play like that again and lose, Sweeney might have to think about firing Monty before game 7.

And leave with him. His experiment with Coyle and Pavel is on display in this series and will be the gauge for his success or failure this year and moving forward.

Reactions: BTO

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
As predictable as the sun going up. The lost playoffs series' and especially the choke job of last year has me less emotionally invested than ever in this Bruins team but losing this series against those Leafs would surely another low point. In the end winning or losing this round wont matter as they would be eaten alive in the next round by the Panthers. This team lacks the killer instinct and isnt built to win in the playoffs for years and this is the responsibility of the general manager. I dont care about their great regular seasons, in the end the playoff success matters and this is where they fail for years. Its time to fire Don Sweeney!

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Hey, maybe if we post 'give a shit' in Czech that will make some people understand.
kašlat na to .

There you go .

Hey guys don't worry you got this you're still ahead 3-2 let's go boys!!
It really doesn't matter, the idea is to win 4 rounds, not one. Even if they beat the Leafs , so f***ing what , no way they beat the Panthers .

Reactions: BTO and Gordoff

RedSlider

Mar 3, 2016
I was curious to see what their record in home Game 5's were during their current 8 year playoff streak.

They are 2-6. Their only wins being Game 5 against Columbus in 2019 & Game 5 against Carolina in 2020, and their second win didn't even happen in Boston it happened at a neutral site.

It's actually fascinating how bad this current group has been at home Game 5's.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I was curious to see what their record in home Game 5's were during their current 8 year playoff streak.

They are 2-6. Their only wins being Game 5 against Columbus in 2019 & Game 5 against Carolina in 2020, and their second win didn't even happen in Boston it happened at a neutral site.

It's actually fascinating how bad this current group has been at home Game 5's.
Was at the Columbus one, I believe that game they blew a 2 or 3 goal lead in the 3rd then pasta put them up with a minute left……so that’s their game 5 home win….

WOAT game 5 team

I was beside Samsonov next to the leafs bench so I was on this broadcast a couple times tonight with Ladyfan style cameos. I told Woll it was gonna be a long night for him, boy did the bruins make me look like a f***in idiot lol

He looks completely unbothered by the moment fwiw, I don’t think he’s gonna be too easy to rattle. He could’ve just been bored though, thanks Bruins!

I thought Pat Maroon was noticeable. Him and Trent were probably the best forwards (and shocker they were the ones that got a point). Can’t have them be the best forwards if you want to win

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad