Rumor: Nick Kypreos: “We know that the Habs are actively shopping Max Pacioretty” [Mod Warning #897]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Dion was also traded without any retention. That alone was impressive.

In division. Detroit wanted him too and made a better offer but they wanted Toronto to retain some cap. Ottawa took him in full and then wanted him to be exposed for the expansion draft and Dion said no. Still gives me a chuckle.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
But we wouldn't have Drouin as a forward, we didn't deal Sergachev for a conditional 7th round pick!!!.......and let's be real, does Sergachev have these numbers with Montreal?......does Drouin have his numbers here if playing for Tampa?

Ironically enough you use Drouin's numbers in Tampa to prove his worth but you use the same logic to put a blemish on Sergachev's successes... That's not how logic works, can't pick and choose as you see fit.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
We replaced 3rd, 4th liners and bottom pairing D for the same. What we ****ed up is Radulov, Markov, Sergachev and Subban.

No we didn’t and no we didn’t. Rads left on his own. Nothing Bergevin could do safe for giving him $7M+ for 6 years. No thanks.

If you think Sergachev would be doing what he’s doing in Tampa in Montreal, I have a bridge to sell you. Weber and PK can be debated all you like but the fact is Weber is an elite defenceman to anyone in the league EXCEPT jaded PK fans who can’t see the forest from the leaves.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
No we didn’t and no we didn’t. Rads left on his own. Nothing Bergevin could do safe for giving him $7M+ for 6 years. No thanks.

Top 10 in RW scoring (after tonight's game) isn't good enough for $7m?

Radulov is an offensive driver. Habs don't have another driver (unless Galchenyuk keeps up his game then yes, he's a driver).

How anyone can justify not paying Radulov what he wants, I don't get it. Especially since he'd still be a Hab if Bergevin simply gave him a two year deal.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal

If you think Sergachev would be doing what he’s doing in Tampa in Montreal, I have a bridge to sell you. Weber and PK can be debated all you like but the fact is Weber is an elite defenceman to anyone in the league EXCEPT jaded PK fans who can’t see the forest from the leaves.
Keep drinking that kool-aid, buddy

Bergevin played chicken with Radulov and got burned

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver

I got to thumb this down:thumbd:

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010

If anyone can't see the forest around here, it's people trying to rationalize some of Bergevin's absolute worst moves...

Radulov said it himself. Bergevin only matched the offer he got from Dallas after he had already accepted the offer. There was no going back at that point. It doesn't mean we had to pay him 7M. It means Bergevin had to put a worthwhile offer on the table before another GM came around. He didn't. That's on Bergevin. Accept it. Why do people even defend the guy anymore? Look at this team, as he says himself, it's on him...

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
He won't be traded by the deadline.....MB thinks he is worth more then he really is,

MB will play hardball till the summer.....and we all know how well MB does playing that game :sarcasm:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
So Radulov taking Bergevins pre July 1st offer, shopping it and signing with Dalls for matching it is on Bergevin. Got it! :shakehead:

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I agree with @shutehinside , Sergachev would not be succeeding in Bergevin's organization.

The main impact of the trade is to undermine the future GM.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
So Radulov taking Bergevins pre July 1st offer, shopping it and signing with Dalls for matching it is on Bergevin. Got it! :shakehead:

Bergevin never gave Radulov anywhere near the 5 year term he ended up signing for until it was too late.

"We want Radulov back in Montréal, but on the Canadiens' terms"

That's a quote from Bergevin on July 2nd.

And then Radulov had this to say in November;

“We were negotiating for a month and a half and we tried to get it done before the free agency, but it didn’t happen,” said Radulov. “Dallas made an offer and I took it. That’s basically it. When I was talking to Montreal, I really wanted to stay and I thought we could get it done (but) you can’t always get what you want. But I’m happy here and we have a good group of guys and we have a good coaching staff.”

If he was shopping for more money, that's when he could have taken that offer elsewhere to make a bidding war. But he didn't. He got what he looked for [TERM], and he signed. End of story.

As for Radulov shopping Bergevin's offer, he never had an offer similar to Dallas' offer until it was too late, so what's your point? And even if he did, HE WAS A UFA. That's the entire point of being a UFA. That's why you don't let them reach free agency to begin with. See what he did with Price. You extend them beforehand. Voilà.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Bergevin never gave Radulov anywhere near the 5 year term he ended up signing for until it was too late.

That's a quote from Bergevin on July 2nd.

And then Radulov had this to say in November;

If he was shopping for more money, that's when he could have taken that offer elsewhere to make a bidding war. But he didn't. He got what he looked for [TERM], and he signed. End of story.

As for Radulov shopping Bergevin's offer, he never had an offer similar to Dallas' offer until it was too late, so what's your point? And even if he did, HE WAS A UFA. That's the entire point of being a UFA. That's why you don't let them reach free agency to begin with. See what he did with Price. You extend them beforehand. Voilà.

Apron Basu came out and confirmed that Bergevin made a 5 Years $6.25M offer BEFORE July 1st. That’s what Rads signed for in Dallas after his agent went out and shopped it.

I have a pic of the tweet but don’t know how to post it on my phone. Look it up. Dated July 3, 2017.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Apron Basu came out and confirmed that Bergevin made a 5 Years $6.25M offer BEFORE July 1st. That’s what Rads signed for in Dallas after his agent went out and shopped it.

I have a pic of the tweet but don’t know how to post it on my phone. Look it up. Dated July 3, 2017.

I can't link tweets either, but I have this tweet by Arpon Basu, dated 3rd of July;

Alex Radulov says Habs offered same deal as Stars only after he agreed with Stars. At that point it was too late because he already agreed.

You either hold information that I do not, or you're misremembering things.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

What does it matter if Weber is elite when the trade made also included another elite defenceman, one who was younger entering his prime, filled a greater need because of offensive upside both on and off the power play, stepped up in big games, and had a similar contract that was around the same cap wise, but expired at a realistic time as opposed to running way longer then it should. Jaded PK fans aren’t the only one who can see this.

Reactions: Runner77

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I can't link tweets either, but I have this tweet by Arpon Basu, dated 3rd of July;

You either hold information that I do not, or you're misremembering things.

It’s not a memory issue. I’m looking directly at the tweet.

Agent made the deal because it was more after tax dollars. Rads even said he let his agent do everything and he wasn’t involved in the process.

Easy enough to look up. Apron Basu tweet, July 3, 2017.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
It’s not a memory issue. I’m looking directly at the tweet.

Agent made the deal because it was more after tax dollars. Rads even said he let his agent do everything and he wasn’t involved in the process.

Easy enough to look up. Apron Basu tweet, July 3, 2017.

Well, show me that tweet once you can post it, because I think the last one I linked, also dated 3rd of July, is pretty damn straight forward.

Radulov got the same offer from Bergevin only after he had already accepted the offer from Nill. That's what the tweet says, black on white.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
A reminder that this is a Pacioretty trade discussion thread and not a place to rehash the Subban-Weber, Sergachev-Drouin trades.

Many of those posts have been deleted.

Roke

Jul 21, 2003
Winnipeg
The two tweets you guys are talking about:

They aren't necessarily contradictory. The way I read it Radulov made a verbal commitment to the Stars in the negotiating period before July 1, then the Habs matched the offer (still before July 1).

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
At the end of the day he lost Radulov because he cheaped out and didn't had a plan B. Or C. Or D. So he sits on 8M of cap space like a dummy and try to justify himself but all it really does is make him look like a dummy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad