Niagara IceDogs 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
I can't believe the coaching left Maclean in the net for all 11 goals, feel sorry for him
How can a coach do this to a poor goalie? The kid was having a rough night so you leave him in for the entire game? Most, if not all other coaches, would have given him the yank after 5 or 6 goals. Not Billy....just proves that Billy Burke has to be the worst coach in the league right now.
And if that doesn't prove he's not worthy to be an OHL coach, how about his post-game comments "We were outclassed obviously and we're going to be outclassed in 99% of the games coming up. I think we could play a Midget AA team right now and have some problems".
Way to instill hope and confidence coach (and I use that term loosely). Jeesh, what an absolute maroon. I wouldn't let this guy coach 8 year olds let alone an OHL team. How did he get this job anyway? Oh right.
No wonder this team has never had and never will have any success under the Burke's dismal ownership (not going to say leadership because the Burkes are definitely not leaders). I don't know how there hasn't been a revolt with their fan base yet.

Reactions: icepups

AttackBeacher

Feb 1, 2019
How can a coach do this to a poor goalie? The kid was having a rough night so you leave him in for the entire game? Most, if not all other coaches, would have given him the yank after 5 or 6 goals. Not Billy....just proves that Billy Burke has to be the worst coach in the league right now.
And if that doesn't prove he's not worthy to be an OHL coach, how about his post-game comments "We were outclassed obviously and we're going to be outclassed in 99% of the games coming up. I think we could play a Midget AA team right now and have some problems".
Way to instill hope and confidence coach (and I use that term loosely). Jeesh, what an absolute maroon. I wouldn't let this guy coach 8 year olds let alone an OHL team. How did he get this job anyway? Oh right.
No wonder this team has never had and never will have any success under the Burke's dismal ownership (not going to say leadership because the Burkes are definitely not leaders). I don't know how there hasn't been a revolt with their fan base yet.

I don't even think he was that bad, the team infront of MacLean was way worse.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Feel bad for MacLean 3rd team this year.

Good kid . Hope he can get thru this.

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
WOW and he still coaching this morning.:eek:

Total Bush League by Billy. As I said in my post earlier...by far the WORST coach in the OHL right now. Only one reason he's coaching at all and we all know what that reason is <cough> <cough> <Nepotism> <cough> <cough>
This team is slowly becoming the Sarnia Sting. Poor management, poor coaching, poor drafting. It's a shame that this franchise is on the road to becoming the laughing stock of the league.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Total Bush League by Billy. As I said in my post earlier...by far the WORST coach in the OHL right now. Only one reason he's coaching at all and we all know what that reason is <cough> <cough> <Nepotism> <cough> <cough>
This team is slowly becoming the Sarnia Sting. Poor management, poor coaching, poor drafting. It's a shame that this franchise is on the road to becoming the laughing stock of the league.
Drafting not been bad

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Not when you had Marty Williamson. but since Marty left I think it has been, it going to come to a point that no player going to report if this trend continues. hope it straightens out for the fans.
This coming draft maybe the big test.

icepups

Jul 11, 2014
I can't believe the coaching left Maclean in the net for all 11 goals, feel sorry for him
Have you never heard about our coach? He has no clue what he is doing. He likely planned to change goalies but forgot.

Reactions: Naz

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Have you never heard about our coach? He has no clue what he is doing. He likely planned to change goalies but forgot.

A coaching change wouldn't hurt right about now. Nothing to lose but a playoff spot. My God you could be worse like Peterborough with their shitty play and heading for 4th place in the Conference! :)

icepups

Jul 11, 2014
A coaching change wouldn't hurt right about now. Nothing to lose but a playoff spot. My God you could be worse like Peterborough with their ****ty play and heading for 4th place in the Conference! :)
I would absolutely love to see a coaching change. Unfortunately, I just don’t see it happening. That change should have come after the Epic Fail that was last year’s playoff run. Reality is neither his brother or father are going to fire him. There are only 2 ways that I see Billy Boy’s tenure as HC ending. Either he admits this is on him and resigns or Daddy Burke sells the team and new owners clean house. I fear that all of the stench around this organization is going to make it increasingly difficult to attract top talent from the draft.

icepups

Jul 11, 2014
And sadly it's looking like a first round playoff matchup against Ottawa to boot. David vs Goliath. But miracles can happen I suppose....
I think in the next week or two, Shane Wright er I mean Kingston will move into 8th. Burkey is going to end the IceDogs streak of 12 consecutive years of making the postseason. Daddy Burke won’t be happy to have $0 in playoff revenue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad