Niagara IceDogs 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

icepups

Jul 11, 2014
What’s the feeling Three Dog is it better to make the playoffs (probably only 1 round) or get the higher pick because of finishing out of the playoffs?

Playoffs are always a good experience BUT at this point NIA has so little on the team that are probably going to be a part of the rebuild I think the higher pick may be a blessing in disguise so to speak?
Go for the losses and hope that the 1st round pick reports. Hearing a rumour from multiple sources that a parent of a former player has made an offer to buy the team

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
Go for the losses and hope that the 1st round pick reports. Hearing a rumour from multiple sources that a parent of a former player has made an offer to buy the team
I heard the same. Smoke, fire.

So, what exactly were the ID’s thanking #44 for today on the overhead?

Reactions: icepups

icepups

Jul 11, 2014
I heard the same. Smoke, fire.

So, what exactly were the ID’s thanking #44 for today on the overhead?
Thanking him in advance for his 6 point effort to ensure the Dogs wouldn't win that one. Really hope that fire is a big one. I'll bring the hot dogs. Also heard that the Burke's are playing stupid with the price though. Roughly double the valuation.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Also heard that the Burke's are playing stupid with the price though. Roughly double the valuation.

I think in fairness to the current owners who have the right intentions they need to sell if this team is to have “real success”. Their coaching son is just over his head. May be a great Assistant Coach but not yet a Head Coach. I just don’t think the family will demote or reassign him. BUT it’s holding the franchise back.... the fan support is awesome and should be a top notch destination in the OHL. But they need an experienced top notch coach especially now when it’s going to be all about development for next 2-3 seasons?

Reactions: icepups

icepups

Jul 11, 2014
I think in fairness to the current owners who have the right intentions they need to sell if this team is to have “real success”. Their coaching son is just over his head. May be a great Assistant Coach but not yet a Head Coach. I just don’t think the family will demote or reassign him. BUT it’s holding the franchise back.... the fan support is awesome and should be a top notch destination in the OHL. But they need an experienced top notch coach especially now when it’s going to be all about development for next 2-3 seasons?

100% agree. My fear is that with the current coaching regime, their highest draft pick in the history of this team being in Niagara, may be reluctant to report. That would be a devastating setback for the franchise and this rebuild.

Reactions: Buttsy

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
upload_2020-3-9_21-55-9.png

If you laugh with your head stuck in the sand, does anyone actually hear it?
Asking for a friend.

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
Come on Stinky. You expect us to believe you have a friend. :D

You expect my friend to believe that running your qualified coach out of town is going to bring your team closer to a MC in 4 years?
Not with those 03’s.
Hit the reset button puppers. It’s going to be a looooooong rebuild of the rebuild. Don’t drink the kool-aid man.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Yikes 9-1 can this season end fast enough? Totally understand the deadline moves but I’m not sure there has been for quite sometime such an uncompetitive team in the OHL. I mean a loss is a loss but man it’s not even remotely close most nights?

Last edited:

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
Wonder if head to head during regular season would be the best way to settle this last playoff position between Dogs and Fronts.

Looking forward to some PO hockey.

Reactions: three dog night

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Wonder if head to head during regular season would be the best way to settle this last playoff position between Dogs and Fronts.

Looking forward to some PO hockey.

If the season resumes and they remain tied they will play a one game tiebreaker with the winner making the playoffs. If it doesn’t resume, I could see a lottery used to determine who gets the 2nd overall pick and the 5th overall pick.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Tough break for the Ice Dogs the way it was going you had a great shot at the 1st overall pick at the draft! Number 2 though should still have a great impact player coming your way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad