Niagara Ice Dogs 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Mississauga has a decent team. Were the Ice Dogs just uninterested this game, or did they play hard but got beat by a good defensive scheme and didn't get the bounces? They seem to have been outshot by a large margin.

Reactions: three dog night

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Mississauga has a decent team. Were the Ice Dogs just uninterested this game, or did they play hard but got beat by a good defensive scheme and didn't get the bounces? They seem to have been outshot by a large margin.
They had a few chances early in the first a disaster second period even before the major penalty pushed back in the third even hitting the cross bar.

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
They weren't prepared to play for the second game in a row. Weren't moving their feet, trying to stick check all over the place, wouldn't take the body, wouldn't take the extra step to make a play, behind the back blind passes to nobody. All out piss poor effort. Dhillon was the lone bright spot.

Reactions: HockeyPops

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Ugh all teams “lay an egg” every once and a while though? Niagara is to good to lose consistently to a team like Mississauga who traded away all their high end veteran skill.

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
Ugh all teams “lay an egg” every once and a while though? Niagara is to good to lose consistently to a team like Mississauga who traded away all their high end veteran skill.
Yeah it was just a stinker, but it wasn't expected after they laid an egg in Ottawa the game before. They have two tough games coming up this weekend. Hope they figure it out.

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
Do not know if it is Country Club maybe coaching they seem to be passing too much trying for the fancy play a complete turn around in the wrong direction in how they played the Sault .
That being said, and, I was at the Sault game, what would you say is the real Ice Dogs? The Ice Dogs that played the Sault, or, the Ice Dogs that played Missy last night?
Clearly the sports media type believe that are good enough to be 10th best hockey club in the nation.
Perhaps they believe they will be “gifted” the two points each time they play. Having a “softy” type “buddy” type coach doesn’t fit well with the teenage boys. They become a cocky group of spoiled teenager who believe they are entitled to the two points. It’s tough to manage that. Would you agree?

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
That being said, and, I was at the Sault game, what would you say is the real Ice Dogs? The Ice Dogs that played the Sault, or, the Ice Dogs that played Missy last night?
Clearly the sports media type believe that are good enough to be 10th best hockey club in the nation.
Perhaps they believe they will be “gifted” the two points each time they play. Having a “softy” type “buddy” type coach doesn’t fit well with the teenage boys. They become a cocky group of spoiled teenager who believe they are entitled to the two points. It’s tough to manage that. Would you agree?
Yes it’s a very fine line. You must be like a parent, firm but fair and most importantly you must have the respect of the players.

the dog

May 16, 2014
yes didnt play a very good game....but give credit to their goalie Jacob Ingham made some fine saves named game first star

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
yes didnt play a very good game....but give credit to their goalie Jacob Ingham made some fine saves named game first star
Well, a rare and honest post from an Ice Dogs fan. Usually when their team is defeated on the ice we hear many excuses. Seldom do we hear of the solid efforts of their opponent. Well done the dog, showing some class and respect for your opponent. I applaud you sir.

Reactions: the dog

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
ANd......still waiting on the three dog knight report....

Queue up the three-in-three excuse, but looked to me like total “Domanance” agree Soo hound girl?

We wait.
Sorry I never responded been in Miami on the beach and caught a Panthers/knights game while I was there just got back time to catch up on all these boards and hopefully watch a good game tomorrow night against the IceDogs and Sunday against the little knights

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
Sorry I never responded been in Miami on the beach and caught a Panthers/knights game while I was there just got back time to catch up on all these boards and hopefully watch a good game tomorrow night against the IceDogs and Sunday against the little knights
Nice, you mean Golden Knights as there is only one Knights shGirl ;)

bear6

Feb 20, 2015
Hounds fan here you guys have one hell of a hockey team over there, my only concern would be brassard is a hot head and will get you guys in trouble in the playoffs if he can't get ahold of that. Great game tonight you guys almost pulled it out

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
Hounds fan here you guys have one hell of a hockey team over there, my only concern would be brassard is a hot head and will get you guys in trouble in the playoffs if he can't get ahold of that. Great game tonight you guys almost pulled it out
The guy has a loose screw I think

bear6

Feb 20, 2015
I watched the game tonight. All 3 Brassard penalties Hayton suckered him first and then Brassard hit him back and Hayton went down
Yeah i wasat the game and hayton did nothing brassard is a loose cannonost of the game, after every whistle they always went after hounds

Reactions: PuckLife

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017
I watched the game tonight. All 3 Brassard penalties Hayton suckered him first and then Brassard hit him back and Hayton went down
Brassard’s hands were flying all over the place... He threw quite a few punches at multiple players, not just Hayton. I really enjoyed the mixing it up last night though, it was fun to watch! Really felt like a playoff game. Niagara is really dangerous in the offensive zone

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Brassard’s hands were flying all over the place... He threw quite a few punches at multiple players, not just Hayton. I really enjoyed the mixing it up last night though, it was fun to watch! Really felt like a playoff game. Niagara is really dangerous in the offensive zone
Still wish they’d drop em like the soon to be “old days”. All this BS stick work and posturing. This generation doesn’t like to get its hands dirty.

Reactions: OHLfan200
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad