Niagara Ice Dogs 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
That a shame if the crowd that low next week game in Niagara close to a sellout.

Come to a game here and you'll find out why. Building/parking/overall fan experience is awful, for a plethora of reasons.

This is also the first good team we've had in 17 years (I frequently debate people about our fluke 07 finals 6 seeded team). 1 good season won't change minds of the casuals who don't come anymore.

Reactions: three dog night

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
Question, was that ‘A’ that was given to Studnicka a new ‘A’ , or was it taken from an existing player?

#8 A
#44 A

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Sudbury shades the Dogs 3 to 2 despite Dhillion forty one save effort before 3,400 and change in Sudbury now a few days off till a trip to Erie Saturday night.

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017
Still wish they’d drop em like the soon to be “old days”. All this BS stick work and posturing. This generation doesn’t like to get its hands dirty.
I agree completely. Get it all out of the way with a good tilt and a couple of 5 minute majors. Gets the crowd hyped too. I miss those days.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Question, was that ‘A’ that was given to Studnicka a new ‘A’ , or was it taken from an existing player?

#8 A
#44 A

Not sure but I wouldn't be giving an A to players who dive all the time or are concerned with stick work. They are too good to play that way. You can sense that some of the players on Niagara are just not focused and taking some selfish penalties. Maskimov, Jones, Studnicka and even Thomas need to play the game the right way. They are too talented to get side tracked. A team first attitude is required and I feel some of these guys may not be thinking that way judging by the play on the ice. Niagara is so deep they should play for the the crest on the front of the jersey not the name on the back IMO. Just an opinion of mine watching them closely the last couple of games vs Sudbury and also seeing them lose games to others lately and the penalties they are taking. Should be an exciting match next Sunday in Niagara. I would expect a different Niagara team shows up this time around. They can't be too happy about losing 4 in a row.

WJ

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Just checking in.

How is Maksimov playing? Do you see an NHL future for him? One of my favourite Oilers prospects.

Also, does anyone have info on Tomasino? Strengths, weaknesses, potential, etc would all be appreciated. He's a guy I'm very interested in this draft class.

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
Just checking in.

How is Maksimov playing? Do you see an NHL future for him? One of my favourite Oilers prospects.

Also, does anyone have info on Tomasino? Strengths, weaknesses, potential, etc would all be appreciated. He's a guy I'm very interested in this draft class.

Maksimov is costing his team more than he's helping his team right now. He's taking stupid, selfish penalties that are 100% avoidable. If somebody hits him, he takes a penalty. If someone chirps him he takes a penalty. He took FIVE minor penalties in the Dogs last game alone. The coach needs to put his ass in the press box until he gets it.

Tomasino will be in the NHL. The kid can fly. His strength is his speed and stick handling. His weakness is his physical strength, but at 17 years old that will continue to improve. He continues to climb the draft rankings.

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
Just checking in.

Maksimov is a selfish player! In my opinion, he has to change his attitude in order to play a game in the NHL. That can be done because he is a decent skater and has a great shot...will it happen, I hope so and sooner rather than later so he can help the Ice Dogs!
Tomasino is my favourite Ice Dog. He thinks the game well and skates very well. With 10-20 good pounds and some more strength, he may very well be the steal of the draft if he goes late first round, early second.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Not sure but I wouldn't be giving an A to players who dive all the time or are concerned with stick work. They are too good to play that way. You can sense that some of the players on Niagara are just not focused and taking some selfish penalties. Maskimov, Jones, Studnicka and even Thomas need to play the game the right way. They are too talented to get side tracked. A team first attitude is required and I feel some of these guys may not be thinking that way judging by the play on the ice. Niagara is so deep they should play for the the crest on the front of the jersey not the name on the back IMO. Just an opinion of mine watching them closely the last couple of games vs Sudbury and also seeing them lose games to others lately and the penalties they are taking. Should be an exciting match next Sunday in Niagara. I would expect a different Niagara team shows up this time around. They can't be too happy about losing 4 in a row.

WJ

Don't think Jones but definitely not Studnicka/Thomas fall into the "too concerned with stick work and dive all the time". It's really just Maksimov

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
Don't think Jones but definitely not Studnicka/Thomas fall into the "too concerned with stick work and dive all the time". It's really just Maksimov
Yea, Maksi definitely has some issues above his shoulders. He believes that is is only one net, the one to put the puck in and not the one in the other end.
I believe he is quite fond of himself. And yes, I have met him.

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls
Jones is the biggest diver on the Dogs. He throws his head back like he's been hit with a high stick 3 to 4 times a game. The refs are on to him. He doesn't get the calls anymore. Kinda like the boy that cried wolf.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Jones is the biggest diver on the Dogs. He throws his head back like he's been hit with a high stick 3 to 4 times a game. The refs are on to him. He doesn't get the calls anymore. Kinda like the boy that cried wolf.
Is that not head snapping diving is usually falling down.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Icedogs fine for tampering first round picks taken away for two of the next two drafts Seasons wonder who they were after and complained I am sure they will appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad