Niagara Ice Dogs 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
#OHL Announces Sanctions against Niagara IceDogs Hockey Club:
$250,000 fine plus 1st round picks in 2019 & 2021 Priority Selection process taken away for violation of certain league player recruitment policies.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Ice Dog fans:
I am a long time reader (not poster) of the Niagara Ice Dogs fan forum, and I know that your fans have a high moral compass often denouncing other organizations for "cheating", not playing by the rules, draft manipulation, etc...
I'm wondering if those same fans will "own" their own organization's moral indiscretions assuming, of course, that the allegations are true.
To say that "team x" also cheats is NO defense of what the Ice Dogs' organization is guilty of. It makes it nearly impossible now to criticize any other organization for cheating without sounding hypocritical.

Uncle Slick

Mar 1, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Ice Dog fans:
I am a long time reader (not poster) of the Niagara Ice Dogs fan forum, and I know that your fans have a high moral compass often denouncing other organizations for "cheating", not playing by the rules, draft manipulation, etc...
I'm wondering if those same fans will "own" their own organization's moral indiscretions assuming, of course, that the allegations are true.
To say that "team x" also cheats is NO defense of what the Ice Dogs' organization is guilty of. It makes it nearly impossible now to criticize any other organization for cheating without sounding hypocritical.

Well said.
Bits of speculation about the details of the infraction(s), but nothing reliable, yet.
Team's in Erie tonight, back here for Sunday.
Give it time, details will emerge.

Eamon5

Sep 1, 2007
Well said.
Bits of speculation about the details of the infraction(s), but nothing reliable, yet.
Team's in Erie tonight, back here for Sunday.
Give it time, details will emerge.

Interesting as the Otters are in London. Why is the team in Erie?

Reactions: TheCoach

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I heard they reneged on paying a kid out on a school deal after illegally recruiting him. So, by being cheap the agent got pissed and went to the league. So, they ended up having to spend way more money, and lose two first because they cheaped on Wilkie.

Reactions: Snippit

three dog night

May 3, 2014
I heard they reneged on paying a kid out on a school deal after illegally recruiting him. So, by being cheap the agent got pissed and went to the league. So, they ended up having to spend way more money, and lose two first because they cheaped on Wilkie.
If it the player I think it is he was a here for a cup of coffee and was a prick.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
)

did they not trade him to Sudbury
Yeah, but he was an American kid they made a deal with then reneged on it. Ended up costing them way more than it would have if they just lived up to there side. Windsor got caught because they pissed off Jack Campbell. If you make a deal with the devil, make sure not to piss that person off.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Hey Three Dog on the Ice Dogs Fan Forum you asked "How does London get away with it"?

There you have it London must pay up whether the player turns out or not? :laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Otto

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Hey Three Dog on the Ice Dogs Fan Forum you asked "How does London get away with it"?

There you have it London must pay up whether the player turns out or not? :laugh::laugh:
I think they are wondering about Stanges probably misspelled his name there a whole topic on the the IceDog forum.

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
I believe that there was an exodus in most of their scouting staff this year, and, most recently their goaltending coach just left for “personal” reasons. Wonder is that was misspelled and they meant “personal”.

This is a discrace.

KyGuy9

Sep 7, 2012
Yeah, but he was an American kid they made a deal with then reneged on it. Ended up costing them way more than it would have if they just lived up to there side. Windsor got caught because they pissed off Jack Campbell. If you make a deal with the devil, make sure not to piss that person off.

It wasn't Campbell that turned on Windsor but rather another player in a similar situation (American, highly touted, recruited and traded).

Reactions: OHLTG

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
If it the player I think it is he was a here for a cup of coffee and was a prick.

I hope you're not alluding to Tyler Boston? Boston "quit hockey" in Guelph, supposedly to pursue his education and then ended up on the Niagara squad for 23 games in 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad