Niagara Ice Dogs 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
During the 2016 playoffs the Ice Dogs used 23 players. A total of 15 players didn't return meaning they only had 8 returnees.

The 2017 playoffs saw them use 21 players of which 18 could return. Future looks good.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Keep it down Ice Dogs fans...yackity yak...

Team has now signed Tomasino and Constaninou.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
The Ice Dogs previously made a deal to acquire goaltender Nate McDonald from the Petes. At the time he was an NCAA commit to Niagara U. He has now de-committed. It will be interesting if he shows up at training camp.

smalt021

Oct 19, 2011
STL
Eliteprospectsâ€ÂVerified account @eliteprospects

Liljegren on being picked by @OHLIceDogs (from @hockeymag)
"It's not an option right now" & confirms he has not been in touch with the team

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Eliteprospectsâ€ÂVerified account @eliteprospects

Liljegren on being picked by @OHLIceDogs (from @hockeymag)
"It's not an option right now" & confirms he has not been in touch with the team

That could change esp if the Leafs step in

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
That could change esp if the Leafs step in

Probably not likely.

I'd love to see him play over here but why would the Leafs take him out of the top tier league of professional in Sweden and bring him over here? To monitor him closely is an excuse I see but I think MLSE has enough money they could pay someone to live where ever hes playing and keep them updated and not even have to think twice about it.

IMO, I think the ice dogs had a chance to get a decent player with that pick and blew it. But who knows, the ice dogs are looking pretty good moving forward.

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
Probably not likely.

I'd love to see him play over here but why would the Leafs take him out of the top tier league of professional in Sweden and bring him over here? To monitor him closely is an excuse I see but I think MLSE has enough money they could pay someone to live where ever hes playing and keep them updated and not even have to think twice about it.

IMO, I think the ice dogs had a chance to get a decent player with that pick and blew it. But who knows, the ice dogs are looking pretty good moving forward.

I believe that the Leafs may look at how Ryan Mantha developed under Dave Bell's coaching and see that the Dogs are a viable option.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
I did not see Dave Bell leaving so soon I wonder if Billy Burke Jr will become coach or some on else Brock former coach Nystrom also been mentioned

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
Well, as a dogs fan, I've got to say I'm not excited about the new hire. I would have preferred an outsider who has experience developing young players. Oh well, let's see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->