OT: NHL14 and/or General Video Gaming Thread Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
Does he really fade off against tougher opponents?! Darn, he so much fun to play with. Also what items should i grab with wisp after i grab a mechanism and arcane boots?

dont know a lot about wisp, tbh. wisp is the third least played hero in the game behind visage and chen.

wisp is a super super hard support that you typically dont see unless your team is built to exploit him. an amazing partner for a wisp is someone like tiny who is slow by default but very powerful and can really utilize wisp's abilities. as a wisp, you should be setting up tons of ganks, so you probably want an urn of shadows to help sustain pushes or finish off fleeing enemies. other than that, just buy mana boots or tranquil boots depending on what you prefer. if you get tranquil boots, you probably want a soul ring to help your mana out before using your abilities. as a hard support, you should be buying a ton of wards for map control, sentry wards to deward the opponents wards, dust of appearance/sentries for any invis heroes, smoke to setup ganks, etc.

wisp isn't very item dependent whatsoever, so you should try to force feed farm to your carries. other items to consider if you do somehow end up with extra gold (hard if you are properly buying wards and stuff, but certainly possible): drum of endurance if nobody else is building it, heart of tarrasque, ghost scepter (if they have a bunch of physical damage carries like juggernaut or drow).

you should be building mek 95% of the time as well. only time you wouldn't is if you are on a team with a viper or razor or something.

Bosnyi

Bruins-islanders
Apr 10, 2014
massachusets
dont know a lot about wisp, tbh. wisp is the third least played hero in the game behind visage and chen.

wisp is a super super hard support that you typically dont see unless your team is built to exploit him. an amazing partner for a wisp is someone like tiny who is slow by default but very powerful and can really utilize wisp's abilities. as a wisp, you should be setting up tons of ganks, so you probably want an urn of shadows to help sustain pushes or finish off fleeing enemies. other than that, just buy mana boots or tranquil boots depending on what you prefer. if you get tranquil boots, you probably want a soul ring to help your mana out before using your abilities. as a hard support, you should be buying a ton of wards for map control, sentry wards to deward the opponents wards, dust of appearance/sentries for any invis heroes, smoke to setup ganks, etc.

wisp isn't very item dependent whatsoever, so you should try to force feed farm to your carries. other items to consider if you do somehow end up with extra gold (hard if you are properly buying wards and stuff, but certainly possible): drum of endurance if nobody else is building it, heart of tarrasque, ghost scepter (if they have a bunch of physical damage carries like juggernaut or drow).

you should be building mek 95% of the time as well. only time you wouldn't is if you are on a team with a viper or razor or something.
Aight thanks man, really like playing wisp cause he's a really unique character. He also plays good with gyro, luna, and chaos knight.

Bosnyi

Bruins-islanders
Apr 10, 2014
massachusets
one last thing, i'm thinking of practicing with doom and getting good with him, i see him being played all the time in tournaments. what does the "level?" skill do? the explanation is wicked confusing for it. and should i jungle with him?

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
one last thing, i'm thinking of practicing with doom and getting good with him, i see him being played all the time in tournaments. what does the "level?" skill do? the explanation is wicked confusing for it. and should i jungle with him?

doom is one of the strongest heroes in the game right now because his skill "doom" completely takes anybody out of a fight and he is very very good at finding farm. his purge skill lets you get bonus damage/regen/etc by using it on jungle creeps like the alpha wolf (learning which creeps give which skills is important) that saves you from having to spend as much money on some items. he can get very tanky when you slap something like a shiva's on him, and you almost always grab a midas to make your farm even faster.

level ?? is a stun that does bonus damage sometimes depending on the opponents level. doom is another one i have never played and don't know much about. make sure that you move around and get kills whenever your doom is up, and farm a ton in between and you should be fine.

bluedevil58*

Wife's been under the weather with the pregnancy. So it gave me free time over the weekend.

Also only done 2 of the strike missions also.

My wife was sick all weekend and I beat the game too. Now I am trying to figure out what to do. Can I get light gear by pvping or is it only done in strikes and team fight missions?

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
pretty much all gear you find after you hit level 20 will have a light stat (maybe just blues, purples, and yellows, though). you can get it from pvp drops, engrams, chests, strike rewards, mission rewards, the weekly and daily strikes, the nightfall strike, raids, etc.

just play the game and you get it, basically

daikan

(╯︵╰,)
Oct 28, 2005
Berlin

Oh, we're on the Dota train in here? Haven't been in this thread for a while. But christ me, that game is good. Too good, in fact—I had to uninstall it some weeks ago. :laugh:

Doom is/was one of my favourites. For late game you generally want the Dire Wolf creep for the crit or the Centaur for the Stomp and armour. Just try to get farm early (lane is best but if you get zoned out, go into the jungle), then, when you hit lvl 6, go get kills. I usually go: Phase Boots, Wand, Drums, Blink, BKB, Shivas and Assault Cuirass/Refresher/Hex. If you get free farm early on, go Midas. Don't get any points in LVL? Death early, and also remember that you can use it to interrupt TPs and channeling spells.

For team-fights, just turn on Scorched Earth and BKB (if you have it), blink in, Doom something, LVL? Death something, and start right-clicking.

Last edited:

bluedevil58*

The bubble with a shot gun daring people to come in is quite hilarious. Striker has quite the ult though so I am torn. Several are saying the Titan is the best class for pvP in the game hands down by a significant margin.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
The bubble with a shot gun daring people to come in is quite hilarious. Striker has quite the ult though so I am torn. Several are saying the Titan is the best class for pvP in the game hands down by a significant margin.

haha nooooooooo

hunter is by far the best and everybody is using it as a result. golden gun is insane and blademaster is even crazier. the titan suffers greatly from a big lack of mobility unless you use the shoulder charge skill for striker. the defender class is better than the striker for pvp if you know how to properly build it.

i have a level 25 titan. hoping i can gear up for the raid by this weekend because that thing looks outstanding.

Bosnyi said:
What does ember spirits ulti do? Been playing him and doom, and found i suck at jungleing.

isn't his ult his fire remnants? i forget what they do, but i am pretty sure he can teleport to them and explode them or something. he isn't one of the easier heroes, that's for sure. i have never used ember spirit, but he tends to work well as an offlaner or mid from what i have seen.

jungling takes practice. with doom, you should start out in lane and then work your way into the jungle whenever you have your midas/consume skill up for gold and exp until you are able to start killing stuff in there. also, you have to be very aware of where enemy heroes are to prevent them from killing you while you jungle. make sure your supports are warding. if they aren't and refuse to do so, just buy them yourself. they are only 150 gold and knowing when ganks are coming so you don't die is worth way more than that.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
From my experience, Defender for Titan is better for PvP, Striker for PvE. The exception there is probably Control, where there is nothing quite as fun as dropping Fist of Havoc on 4 people trying to take a control point (popping the ward of dawn while taking a control point is solid, but not as fun).

Bosnyi

Bruins-islanders
Apr 10, 2014
massachusets
haha nooooooooo

hunter is by far the best and everybody is using it as a result. golden gun is insane and blademaster is even crazier. the titan suffers greatly from a big lack of mobility unless you use the shoulder charge skill for striker. the defender class is better than the striker for pvp if you know how to properly build it.

i have a level 25 titan. hoping i can gear up for the raid by this weekend because that thing looks outstanding.

isn't his ult his fire remnants? i forget what they do, but i am pretty sure he can teleport to them and explode them or something. he isn't one of the easier heroes, that's for sure. i have never used ember spirit, but he tends to work well as an offlaner or mid from what i have seen.

jungling takes practice. with doom, you should start out in lane and then work your way into the jungle whenever you have your midas/consume skill up for gold and exp until you are able to start killing stuff in there. also, you have to be very aware of where enemy heroes are to prevent them from killing you while you jungle. make sure your supports are warding. if they aren't and refuse to do so, just buy them yourself. they are only 150 gold and knowing when ganks are coming so you don't die is worth way more than that.
i didnt find ember spirit that complex, just his ulti, he has some op skills. i was just heading into the jungle first thing,i can see why that could end badly now.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
i didnt find ember spirit that complex, just his ulti, he has some op skills. i was just heading into the jungle first thing,i can see why that could end badly now.

yep ember is pretty good in the current meta. not many heroes can jungle well from level 1. nature's prophet and enigma are a couple of them, but most jungle heroes want to get a few levels in lane first.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I wish all these football games had a difficulty setting were the players were as good or bad as their stats are.

Don't make bad players good or good players bad, make it realistic and have the players as good or bad as their stats are.

If my 5'9", 160lbs WR, with 4.24 40 speed, beats his man and gets into open field, I doubt very much a 6'6" 250lbs line backer would catch him from behind :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad