OT: NHL14 and/or General Video Gaming Thread Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bosnyi

Bruins-islanders
Apr 10, 2014
massachusets
Having a run of badluck in dota, laning with noobs or aholes. Think i want to try a dif hero. Ive currentlry been playing with riki, doom, sansking. Dont like complex heros like pugna or devourer etc. Could use suggestions, thinking shadow fiend to check our after the update.

Whats that new rune do seems good?

Last edited:

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
it gives you xp and gold (more for every minute that elapses)

basically two people on your team can have bottles without having to bottle crow mid now

new patch is ridic. nice shakeup of the meta

Bosnyi

Bruins-islanders
Apr 10, 2014
massachusets
What else changed other than shadow fiend and the new rune?

Saw the crazy stuff other day, guy was playing techies and he a giant cluster of bombs in one lane, i got there whole team to chase me over the cluster and boom team wiped, woth just the bombs.

Bosnyi

Bruins-islanders
Apr 10, 2014
massachusets
Yo wtf, they changed everyone 0:

Mothertrucker i just started to underatand the heros but dota goes and changes everyone and they completely changed riki, dont know if i like this update.

Shadow fiend is a beast if he gets good enough farm, got his base damage up to 300 was three shoting dazzle.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
they balance like this a few times a year. this is one of the more drastic patches in awhile, though.

i like it so far. just have to get used to the changes.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
Riki was nerfed while razor stay the same? Not happy

razor got a huge nerf actually. they lowered the damage on his plasma field significantly and raised the mana cost. people just let him steal all their right click damage then sit around and ask why they are dead when they are hitting for 0 and he is hitting for 500.

riki actually got buffed, too. he is much more viable in lane early because of how much hp regen you get when invis. you still get that regen if the other team has wards or dust to reveal you, too. gives you a lot of lane presence early game. they also increased the range on blink strike and allow you to build charges so you can use it multiple times to get behind someone in the same fight or to help chase. he is actually in a pretty good place right now if you play him right. he works a bit better as a quasi-support with his smoke bomb though. hang around outside of fights after you drop your smoke on the enemy team and pick off any stragglers.

Bosnyi

Bruins-islanders
Apr 10, 2014
massachusets
razor got a huge nerf actually. they lowered the damage on his plasma field significantly and raised the mana cost. people just let him steal all their right click damage then sit around and ask why they are dead when they are hitting for 0 and he is hitting for 500.

riki actually got buffed, too. he is much more viable in lane early because of how much hp regen you get when invis. you still get that regen if the other team has wards or dust to reveal you, too. gives you a lot of lane presence early game. they also increased the range on blink strike and allow you to build charges so you can use it multiple times to get behind someone in the same fight or to help chase. he is actually in a pretty good place right now if you play him right. he works a bit better as a quasi-support with his smoke bomb though. hang around outside of fights after you drop your smoke on the enemy team and pick off any stragglers.

Didnt see the stats on razor, but i am happy to know that.

I disagree with you on riki, it may be just the way i play him but now it takes 6secs to go back into invis rather then three with one level. I cant use blink strike to lvl 6either. Having to lvl invis to 2 secs rather than maxing backstab is fatal. Can see what i mean?

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
Didnt see the stats on razor, but i am happy to know that.

I disagree with you on riki, it may be just the way i play him but now it takes 6secs to go back into invis rather then three with one level. I cant use blink strike to lvl 6either. Having to lvl invis to 2 secs rather than maxing backstab is fatal. Can see what i mean?

yeah, riki should be more of a support now. the fade shouldnt be an issue if you aren't attacking a lot. play him sort of like bounty hunter.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Got my first exotic bounty in Destiny! Also picked up an armor sharer from the queen's envoy and I'm rocking that badass purple and gold.

bluedevil58*

I must admit. Arche Age is hands down the best game that I have ever played. Not seeing another theme park is like a breathe of fresh air.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
bounty can actually do something in teamfights besides walking around using track on everybody now which is nice

new riki is actually really good. getting those stacked charges on blink strike is so helpful. makes you a lot more deadly before you can farm up a diffusal blade.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
I must admit. Arche Age is hands down the best game that I have ever played. Not seeing another theme park is like a breathe of fresh air.

Once school calms down a bit I'm going to hop back on and play it more.
I'm sure that server queues have calmed down a good bit since release.

Bosnyi

Bruins-islanders
Apr 10, 2014
massachusets
Quick question, how do i demy creep kills?

I got arche age as well and stopped at level 20 cause it never really got any harder and was very repetitive.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
hit a, click creep

you can also turn on right click denying by putting something in the console (or maybe they added an option for it in the menus, i dont remember)

gotta get that cs up

bluedevil58*

CMP that link you provided was virus central. Thank you for making me have to reformat my pc. I really appreciate it.

GinoLucia2217

Great Plains
Dec 1, 2013
Probably Minnesota
Found NHL 2004 for the PC. It doesn't have the same nostalgia as it did. Still really fun to play though. There are elements from that game that should still be involved in the series. The GM mode has some elements that could be used such as increasing coaching staff, equipment manager scouting, team travel and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->