OT: NHL14 and/or General Video Gaming Thread Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Picked up my ps4 today. Don't have any games yet, I'll be picking up fifa on tuesday, so I've just been playing the demo. Certainly a big step up from 13 on the 360 that i've been playing for the past couple years. Despite the champions league game this week, i've been using dortmund the most on the demo. Reus is a beast.

bluedevil58*

So recently I have read a lot of hype about Arche Age so I had to try it out. Wow this is a great game guys!

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
So recently I have read a lot of hype about Arche Age so I had to try it out. Wow this is a great game guys!

Played a bit during beta and really enjoyed it.
I've played it a bit since it went live.

I have to try and log in as soon as I wake up though if I want to play. Otherwise I'll be in queue all damn day

Bosnyi

Bruins-islanders
Apr 10, 2014
massachusets
Is it just me or is the puck detection alot better for cpu when i play against it or am i delusional?
Like the cpu will make a pass through three of my players just dandy, but i got to praise budha for a perfectly fine pass to make it through cleanly.

Jun 13, 2010
NC
Is it just me or is the puck detection alot better for cpu when i play against it or am i delusional?
Like the cpu will make a pass through three of my players just dandy, but i got to praise budha for a perfectly fine pass to make it through cleanly.

The computer has been doing things like this as long as I can remember. The top difficulty setting might as well be called "**** you I'm the Computer and will play perfect and capitalize on every mistake you make". I've played a lot of games where in the final minute the computer will literally win the faceoff and score no matter what I do. It just makes beating them that much more satisfying.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
For dota who are the best early game heros? all the games ive been playing have been hella short.

that isnt an easy question to answer because it is heavily dependent on team comp and how you set up your lanes

supports are often strongest in early game (shadow shaman, crystal maiden, etc.) because their crowd control sets up easy kills for your carries to snowball out of control. a fun thing to do is put together an aggressive trilane with a hard carry and two supports and just abuse the other team with chained stuns. disruptor is also nuts because of glimpse setting up easy kills for your team.

some other random heroes that are just solid in early game: dark seer (especially against melee heroes), viper (just really good all game in general), silencer, skywrath mage...

pretty much all the heroes can be good early game if you are good at last hitting, though. heavily farm dependent heroes like anti-mage are the exception to that.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
do the people i play with and against get better as i level?

the level does not do anything but give you access to ranked matches at level 13 and allow you to open your present box thing for free dota hats every 5 levels

the ranking system dota uses is called mmr, you gain mmr for winning a game and lose it for losing a game. ranked mode displays your mmr and how much it changes each game after 10 calibration games to peg where you should be. your unranked mmr has been going up and down since you started playing and is never visible. when you start calibration matches for ranked, your initial ranking is based off your unranked mmr.

so tl;dr, if you are winning games more often than you are losing, then you are playing with and against better players.

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
And I might just burst through your wall like the Kool-Aid man once I recall what room you live in.

But really, I won't. I promise.

Haha, you can let me know if you ever want to play.

i will have it on thursday

i forgot to preorder it, so two day shipping will get it here thursday. still addicted to destiny, so dont NEEEEEED it day one

It's pretty good, a lot of the stupid things from the demo don't seem to be present. And the team sheets feature is really nice. My roommates and I play a ton of fifa so we spent a few minutes setting them up and now we have a few different lineups/tactics very easily available. My only complaint so far is that I can't seem to get free kicks down. I came from playing fifa 13 on the 360 where I could hit about 80% of the time within 35 yards, and now I'm all over the place. I'll have to spend some time in the arena getting used to power/aiming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad