OT: NHL14 and/or General Video Gaming Thread Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I'm gonna periodically re ask this question until I decide for myself, as more people commit and comment.

Where is everyone on the whole ps4 vs Xbox one thing? I've been an xbox guy since the original as I thought they did online much better and I just liked it. Considering the ps4 as I don't need a media center, I do that my own way already. Anyone got an opinion?

I have an Xbox One. Roommate and brother have a PS4. Only difference I notice is the games you can buy. Other than that, they're pretty much the same.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
if you play games with friends, get the system your friends get

if that isn't a big consideration for you, get a ps4. more powerful and the games are basically identical on both systems. xbone has halo as its big exclusive if you arent sick of it yet and ps4 is getting bloodbourne early next year if you like the dark souls games

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
The only reason I'd get an Xbox One is literally just for the Halo: Master Chief Collection that's going to be coming out later in the year.

For the types of games that I prefer to play (Which range a good bit but what I enjoy the MOST are RPG's and especially JRPG's). So It's PlayStation 4 for me hands down.

I just look at what games are coming out exclusively for each system and kind of base it on that in all honesty. Such as which games from that list do you see yourself playing more?

More of Halo, Gears of War, TitanFall, etc.
Or more of Uncharted, Infamous, The Last Of Us, etc.

That's a big reason why I'm more for the PlayStation since it leans more towards my taste in games.

Bosnyi

Bruins-islanders
Apr 10, 2014
massachusets
Nhl 15 is THE BIGGEST PIECE OF DUMP IVE EVER PLAYED!!! Not even half the game nhl 14 was and suspect me to me happy with this?! No drafting at all! Cant play as any other league exept the nhl! Player stats are rediculous! Bottom line is its a huge waste of money stick with nhl 14.

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
Nhl 15 is THE BIGGEST PIECE OF DUMP IVE EVER PLAYED!!! Not even half the game nhl 14 was and suspect me to me happy with this?! No drafting at all! Cant play as any other league exept the nhl! Player stats are rediculous! Bottom line is its a huge waste of money stick with nhl 14.

Only reason I bought NHL 15 was because everyone who played OTP on NHL 14 is on NHL 15 now. I do like the new announcers though.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I like PS+ better than Live and the Dualshock 4 better than the One controller. Also **** Microsoft.

So I chose PS4.

This actually mostly sums up how I feel about it. I always get Sony first then Xbox and/or others later.

I got NHL 15, cause I mostly play HUT. I usually do get into EASHL later in the year when I want something different, but it's usually an afterthought for me. Very very rarely play any of the other stuff they left out.

Haven't played it yet though, other than a brief offline quicky while some files downloaded. That was fine, but we'll see.

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I'm gonna periodically re ask this question until I decide for myself, as more people commit and comment.

Where is everyone on the whole ps4 vs Xbox one thing? I've been an xbox guy since the original as I thought they did online much better and I just liked it. Considering the ps4 as I don't need a media center, I do that my own way already. Anyone got an opinion?

I'm in the same position, always been an xbox guy but leaning towards grabbing the ps4. The biggest concern for me initially was the controller, not a fan of the ds3, but from what I can tell the ds4 is pretty good. I've used the xb1 controller, and I'm not sure that I liked it any better than the 360 controller. It seems like xbox went with the looser thumbsticks, while sony went with a bit more resistance this time, which I prefer. I'd like to play around a bit on a ps4 and see how comfortable it is before making a decision, but if I had to choose right now, I'd go ps4.

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I'm in the same position, always been an xbox guy but leaning towards grabbing the ps4. The biggest concern for me initially was the controller, not a fan of the ds3, but from what I can tell the ds4 is pretty good. I've used the xb1 controller, and I'm not sure that I liked it any better than the 360 controller. It seems like xbox went with the looser thumbsticks, while sony went with a bit more resistance this time, which I prefer. I'd like to play around a bit on a ps4 and see how comfortable it is before making a decision, but if I had to choose right now, I'd go ps4.

That's how I was. I preferred the orignal Xbox and the 360 over the competition but the One was just...meh. I don't want a media streaming/cable box, I want a gaming console and it seems like Xbox was too focused on the former. I know it's gone now but the mandatory Kinect requirements were dumb and had an effect on my decision.

Dualshock 4 is awesome. They widened the grip and improved the ergonomics so your main (pointer) finger now rests on the actual trigger rather than on the bumper which was a downfall of the dualshock 3. Also, the touch pad is handy for quick pointer navigation and keyboard use.

PS+ gives you free games every month and gives discounts on a lot of games in the store as well. For example EA UFC is like 30% off the digital store price right now so any member could buy it for $30 while it's in stores like Best Buy for $59.99. Digital versions on Xbox live never really gave me any incentive to buy them over the physical copies.

bluedevil58*

After being depressed about NHL 15 I got drunk last night and around 9 PM I bought Detsiny. I am playing the Titan. What class do you guys think will be best for PvP? I picked the Titan because of capture the flag. Any thoughts?

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I actually played my NHL 15 last night. Gameplay was fun, looks great, has my favorite mode. I'm good.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
The seem to be overpowered. Which means a patch will nerf them to useless in a month.

More then likely. Though I did play a Warlock during the beta. I may be picking up a PS4 sometime next week and I'll for sure be grabbing Destiny. Thinking about playing a Hunter though since so many damn people play Warlock x.x

bluedevil58*

I am hearing that the Titan is the best class for PvP due to its Ult. Either way I have dropped around $130 on games this week. I hope the wife doesn't find out.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
none of the classes are particularly overpowered in pvp right now in destiny

the default warlock ult has the biggest windup of any of them and is super easy to kill them before it goes off. the titan one has the problem of having to be right near you to properly kill anyone, but it is probably the easiest to consistently get a kill with. the hunter one has the greatest potential for being OP because it one shots literally anything including the vehicles (exception being anyone in the defender subclass for the titan's bubble thing)

haven't played around with the secondary subclasses for any of the classes yet, but they seem relatively balanced as well from what i have seen thus far

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
NHL 15 is the first NHL game I have missed in more than .....17 years? Has it been that long? Anyways, it's so sad what they're doing to that game by making HUT the only playable game mode so that people funnel their money into it in order to have a competitive team. It's extortion. I refuse to participate in that.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
none of the classes are particularly overpowered in pvp right now in destiny

the default warlock ult has the biggest windup of any of them and is super easy to kill them before it goes off. the titan one has the problem of having to be right near you to properly kill anyone, but it is probably the easiest to consistently get a kill with. the hunter one has the greatest potential for being OP because it one shots literally anything including the vehicles (exception being anyone in the defender subclass for the titan's bubble thing)

haven't played around with the secondary subclasses for any of the classes yet, but they seem relatively balanced as well from what i have seen thus far

Got the Hunter And Lock to 8.

Still can't pick one to play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad