NHL.TV / Center Ice Discussion - Part III [See the warning in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
I'm considering getting NHL live next season. I curranty have Apple TV 4k. For those who watch NHL live via Apple TV, can you rewind a live stream in progress?. Reason I ask is you can not rewind a live YouTube stream on Apple tv (which is silly) even though every other platform has that ability. If not I may go with a center ice package and utilize old school pvr functions.

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
So for us who live in Europe, will the App be removed next year with ESPN deal, meaning we have to buy their service? Or has that information. It come out yet?

I can't see how anything would change for you. I don't think ESPN bought worldwide broadcast rights

Reactions: Ringmaster

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
In hindsight, I wish I had not bothered with CI this year. A lot of the Pens games have been on Sportsnet due to, I presume, the start times of the Canadian league. It is now also nearly half price @ $109.

If they continue with this North league next season I will certainly dump it and go "rogue"

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
In hindsight, I wish I had not bothered with CI this year. A lot of the Pens games have been on Sportsnet due to, I presume, the start times of the Canadian league. It is now also nearly half price @ $109.

If they continue with this North league next season I will certainly dump it and go "rogue"

You and me both , i have days where i regret spending my money on my CI this season.
but unlike you it's not because of the North division ( i like it ) , it's just that it looks like i dont have as many games on my CI as i used to have in the past . This season many games are on regular TV and sometime i spend 2-3 days without watching any games on my CI

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
You and me both , i have days where i regret spending my money on my CI this season.
but unlike you it's not because of the North division ( i like it ) , it's just that it looks like i dont have as many games on my CI as i used to have in the past . This season many games are on regular TV and sometime i spend 2-3 days without watching any games on my CI
For me a lot of the East division games are on Sportsnet. I still use it, like now I have the Wild game on the iPad but on the tv, less so this season

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Has any one seen the specifics on the new ESPN deal with regards to how it is being handled internationally?

There was only this statement, "International rights in Latin America, the Caribbean and parts of Europe are also part of the deal, as are extensive highlight rights for ESPN's digital platforms." I haven't seen anything more in depth than it's part of the deal.

More specifically, I'm after information about how this is being handled internationally in markets that the NHL already does not have broadcasting rights and likely will not such as Australia. ESPN+ is not available outside of the US, so it's unclear if that is going to change when NHL.tv goes away. I have to assume something is going to change rather than removing any legal option to stream.

Reactions: Faterson

Sparky206

Nov 13, 2019
Has any one seen the specifics on the new ESPN deal with regards to how it is being handled internationally?

There was only this statement, "International rights in Latin America, the Caribbean and parts of Europe are also part of the deal, as are extensive highlight rights for ESPN's digital platforms." I haven't seen anything more in depth than it's part of the deal.

More specifically, I'm after information about how this is being handled internationally in markets that the NHL already does not have broadcasting rights and likely will not such as Australia. ESPN+ is not available outside of the US, so it's unclear if that is going to change when NHL.tv goes away. I have to assume something is going to change rather than removing any legal option to stream.

Watch ESPN: Online Live Sports, Replays, Highlights

Enter your Foxtel login and it brings up a whole load of content that isn't available on Foxtel, I'd suspect it'll end up there.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Bell half season price out now
$105 CDN spread over 4 months of payments
$26.25 each

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I might look at the single team option next year. Of course the whole NHL.TV thing is going to change so I don't know what to expect, but I am finding the team I watch the most other than the Sharks is Florida and it would probably be less just paying for one team than paying for the whole league. Of course I just hate the format this year and hope things go back to normal.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
I'm considering getting NHL live next season. I curranty have Apple TV 4k. For those who watch NHL live via Apple TV, can you rewind a live stream in progress?. Reason I ask is you can not rewind a live YouTube stream on Apple tv (which is silly) even though every other platform has that ability. If not I may go with a center ice package and utilize old school pvr functions.
Yes you can

Reactions: Jetsfan79

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Gotta ask...My only 2 HDTVs are 1080p (NHL Center Ice w/DirecTV) - is there any significant improvement with the 4K HDTVs out there?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Gotta ask...My only 2 HDTVs are 1080p (NHL Center Ice w/DirecTV) - is there any significant improvement with the 4K HDTVs out there?

There is, especially if game is in 4K, in Canada we get 1 Sportsnet games a night ,sometimes 2 , in 4k.
However if not broadcast in 4k, they do a good job of upconverting. Better than 1080 but not 4k.
I have a high end 4k, so not sure about the cheaper ones.

Reactions: FMichael

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
For the second time NHL.TV has shown me the score before it happened. At least this time it wasn't at the end of the game.

I have it set to block the score on the Team's page so who is the knucklehead who added this feature to the pause who didn't think to check the settings of the logged in user?

I need to write to the NHL about this.

Mach2

Jan 15, 2021
For the second time NHL.TV has shown me the score before it happened. At least this time it wasn't at the end of the game.
I have it set to block the score on the Team's page so who is the knucklehead who added this feature to the pause who didn't think to check the settings of the logged in user?
I need to write to the NHL about this.
I wish you luck in engaging with the NHL. My impression has been that they're not at all interested in customer feedback, especially about NHLTV.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
So I have had CentreIce for 3 years and not once had a blacked out game yet for some reason tonight I am blacked out?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
In the Maritimes. Ottawa game. Weird because it's the first time in 3 years and I don't miss many games.

Hmmm weird, that game on the 25th was the last one they played, because of Montreal’s Covid, it would of been on TSN5 as it was a regional game. So with you in Maritimes and Ottawa is in your region, it should of been on TSN5 for you, The CI version should of been blacked out, not the TSN5 though.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Hmmm weird, that game on the 25th was the last one they played, because of Montreal’s Covid, it would of been on TSN5 as it was a regional game. So with you in Maritimes and Ottawa is in your region, it should of been on TSN5 for you, The CI version should of been blacked out, not the TSN5 though.

I don't get it? Have literally not once been blacked out in 3 years, which is part of why I pay for it.

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Anyone having issues with the AppleTV NHL app? I like to use the dual video feature on the app by swiping down and selecting dual video. Then I can pick another game and easily go back and forth (almost Picture in Picture), but as of the latest update 7.0.0.6295, I am unable to swipe down to get to the select dual video from the second video to go back to the first feed. Just wanted to see if anyone else is having the same issues. I'll try to contact NHL about this bug, but I assume it's like yelling into a corner.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Any way to avoid spoilers with Roku ? Even if you turn off the scores in settings , the white scorebox shows up on the screen with the final score . Frustrating.

Mach2

Jan 15, 2021
Any way to avoid spoilers with Roku ? Even if you turn off the scores in settings , the white scorebox shows up on the screen with the final score . Frustrating.
That should not be happening with your Roku. I'm using a Roku Ultra, and in the NHLTV app, one of my settings is HIDE SCORES (ON). So, when I select SCORES from the banner along the top, I see the teams and start times for today's slate of games or similar details for past games, if I roll the date back. However, I never see any scores of current games nor past games when I'm in the SCORES display.
A suggestion: If you're settings are indeed correct and you're still having this problem, you might consider removing the NHL app, then update/restart your Roku, then locate and reinstall the NHL app. Then log back into your NHLTV acct, and see if it's fixed. I'm out of ideas after that. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->