NHL.TV / Center Ice Discussion - Part III [See the warning in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
NHL Center Ice has to be one of the most customer-hostile products that exists.

I am somehow blacked out of a “national game” that I don’t get. Last I checked, Chicago was in the United States and yet, this “national game” is nowhere to be found in my TV guide.

As a NYR fan I probably get 65/82nds of the same product that a Panthers fan gets. It’s completely absurd, and I’m floored that they can legally advertise “every out of market game.”​

The Game was on NBC Sports tonight and you can get it it via that app (If you're authenticated)

Waltered

Nov 12, 2011
The Valley
"But finally being able to make that volunteer trip happen was...awesome. (Awesome.)"

Please stop having every other TV break start with the same ad. I'll scrub your elephant NHL.tv, I'll do anything. It's driving me up a tree.

Last edited:

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Got an email saying the app is now available for Android TV.

Maybe one day they'll put the app on the UK/EU PS4 store.

There's an offer for $29.99 but until they include the play-offs, I won't buy it. Oh, and remove blackouts. I live in the UK ffs.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Maybe one day they'll put the app on the UK/EU PS4 store.

There's an offer for $29.99 but until they include the play-offs, I won't buy it. Oh, and remove blackouts. I live in the UK ffs.
What do you mean? The app is available for PS4. Is it not in the UK? And you shouldn't have any blackouts there. Also, it shows all the playoff games if you live outside Canada. I watched some last year when I was in Australia

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
What do you mean? The app is available for PS4. Is it not in the UK? And you shouldn't have any blackouts there. Also, it shows all the playoff games if you live outside Canada. I watched some last year when I was in Australia

App is in the UK on PS4 store and we get blackouts because Premier Sports show games. It's ridiculous.

Tried using it for play-offs before but would get blackouts. I find as well that it is so far behind.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
App is in the UK on PS4 store and we get blackouts because Premier Sports show games. It's ridiculous.

Tried using it for play-offs before but would get blackouts. I find as well that it is so far behind.
That sucks. Shouldn't be like that

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
I get Chase high roller ads every break. I'm not one of the 1% that can go on safaris.

Interesting.

Every single commercial break over the last like two weeks has been for this new NHL mobile game they sell collectable figures for. It's the only one that plays at all. I long for credit card commercials lol

NHL.TV app

Reactions: Realize

Realize

I'm not buying your ****ing NHL figures!

Love watching this commercial 50 times a night...

This f*** is so damn annoying. Until this commercial started, I was really complaining that I was not able to watch the US advertisements during commercials because for us "non americans" they are entertaining very often :D.
But this NHL figures are the biggest cr*p which is running in the stream. Thats not fun. It's even more fun to watch the circling puck while the commercials are running.

Regarding the app for PS4:
In Germany, the APP is generally not available in the store (which is very clever).
I had to create a fake US PS4 account with a random US postal adress to be able to download the NHL.TV app - AND I have to switch to the US account, every time I want to log into NHL.TV. So, good work from the responsible guys there :DD. Only good thing: I don't get blackouts, but it doesn't make the Rangers Season any better :thumbd:.

Reactions: Toonces

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
It is horrible tonight. skipping, fuzzy picture, stuttering, taking forever to load. Awful.

It always seems to fail on the busy hockey nights. Maybe because traffic is a lot more rather than if there is one or two games. One would think the NHL, in February, would have a product that actually works perfectly. I expect this at the beginning of the season, not now.

Reactions: EurlichBachman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad