NHL.TV / Center Ice Discussion - Part II [See the warning in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Nothing charged to my card, but the NHL mobile app and Roku show I'm activated for this season. Web support page shows nothing of course. It's still the only charge I get were there is never an email confirmation. NHL typical.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
How many streams can you run simultaneously?

My friend and I are interested in splitting cost.

becky4015

Sep 11, 2014
Just wanted to tip people off about the auto renew, on sep 1st received email if I did not cancel by sep 13th, my account would be auto renewed. It said if you do not want auto renewal click here so I did(this year will not have that much time to watch), went into my account says you are not subscribed, Today looked at my discover card statement and see I have a 125.99 pending charge from nhl tv. Wtf? So I put in for a refund and got email saying subscription has been canceled. Just wanted to have people look at their charge card because it seems nhl tv has tried to charge auto renewal for people who did cancel auto renewal.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
The answer is : 0.
You can only run 1 stream with your acc.
You will be getting kicked out of anyone starts a 2nd stream with your account.
This is not Netflix here
Last year you could have 5 different streams running at the same time with your account . I believe this year it has been changed to 3 . That’s what it says at the Rogers NHL site .

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
They even black out preseason games on NHL.TV. I wonder how many Preseason games really will be streamed.

Also, it's 2018, NHL Network needs to have a stream of some kind.

Reactions: mantha39

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
Anybody have an Apple tv 2nd gen? Is NHL.tv still working on it?

The "Supported Devices" page on Rogers says 3rd and 4th gen, not 2nd any more. I don't want to get a new device if the 2nd gen is still working.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
I have no idea how you guys are able to save $20 just for paying from another country???

I don't think that's really possible, in a regular way. Perhaps the poster Realize originally set up his PayPal account outside the EU? As to me, I'm not even given the option to pay via PayPal (I would have preferred it), just credit cards. So it was over $140 for me this year, too. The price keeps steadily rising for me by a few euros each year; the last three seasons for me have been: €122.61 — €126.29 — €129.19.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
So once again the only options for people in Canada is Centre Ice if you want to watch on your TV or Rogers game centre if you want online / phone?

Any prices out for Centre Ice (Canada)??

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
The answer is : 0.
You can only run 1 stream with your acc.
You will be getting kicked out of anyone starts a 2nd stream with your account.
This is not Netflix here

That's not true. Last year you could run a few at the same time

Ed Ennui

Sep 16, 2018
Memphis
I may be getting old, but I'm leaning towards not renewing. I have a comprehensive Comcast package with NBCSN and NHL Network, plus Preds games on the Fox Sports regional. I might just get ESPN+ for the rare nights when there would be no game on any of those channels.

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
So once again the only options for people in Canada is Centre Ice if you want to watch on your TV or Rogers game centre if you want online / phone?

Any prices out for Centre Ice (Canada)??
Rogers Game Live early bird is $179 Plus tax based on what province you are in.
Shaw Centre Ice is $209 plus tax.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I stopped buying when Rogers got the nhl rights in Canada and I’m very happy I did. My buddy kept his for a couple years and he finally quit because the price is pathetic and the Rogers on air staff is horrendous.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Yes, I think that is correct
I think it has to be from the same IP address though.

I can run one or five from my house but my buddy can't from his device or house using my sign on.
Last year I had 4 other people running streams from there own homes so that wasn’t the case last year , at least in my experience. As far as I know, this year , you can use 3 different devices simultaneously on the same account no matter what the IP address is .

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Last year I had 4 other people running streams from there own homes so that wasn’t the case last year , at least in my experience. As far as I know, this year , you can use 3 different devices simultaneously on the same account no matter what the IP address is .

Canada, U.S. difference maybe? I don’t know honestly. All I know is it would def kick me off if someone logged on from two different IP’s.

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
They even black out preseason games on NHL.TV. I wonder how many Preseason games really will be streamed.

Also, it's 2018, NHL Network needs to have a stream of some kind.

I've said it before - the fact that the NHL's streaming service blacks out the NHL's television channel blows my mind. Who thought that was good idea?

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
I wanted to watch the Flyers 1st preseason game yesterday. I just bought this package - but paid the cheaper price just to watch 1 team (since I only follow the Flyers anyway).

But,I could not watch the Flyers pre-season game yesterday.

I called their customer service line yesterday, but after being on hold 50 min, I gave up. I called again today - and after waiting 50 minutes this morning, I got someone.

I was told that only the preseason games that show a network listed on the schedule will be available.

Also - NBC Sports plays like 15 or so Flyers games on their channel every season. I previously had Center Ice on Dish, but I don't have NBC Sports. So, I could never watch those games. I was hoping that by streaming, this would not be an issue.

I was told that any game that is on a national network will not be available to stream online thru NHLtv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad