NHL.TV / Center Ice Discussion - Part II [See the warning in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
and one thing I will add about how NHL.TV is better then centerice is you get the pre and post game coverage that I never got with CI.....LOVE that.

Only for live games, unfortunately, not in archive mode. That's better than nothing, though.

Waltered

Nov 12, 2011
The Valley
So am I right that there are no new features to nhl.tv this upcoming season? Choosing radio feed, higher bitrate than last year, arena audio only, access to more camera feeds, etc? I've been searching for any news but getting nada. Anyone read of anything?

Ziostilon

Feb 14, 2009
Are there any promo codes or promotions for nhl.tv at the beginning of the season / pre season

Or whatever the price you see now is already the cheapest

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Are there any promo codes or promotions for nhl.tv at the beginning of the season / pre season

Yeah they have an early bird special. Not sure if it's just for returning subscribers though. 10% off if you sign up by the end of September

It should be announced soon

becky4015

Sep 11, 2014

You can get a student discount, but you have to verify thru id me, which can be a pain, some companies just require edu email address

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Wait is NHL.tv only available in the States? Only options are zip codes.

All I want is to see all the events related to my favorite team without having to drop 1000 bucks on several services, only to find the games blacked out 5 minutes before. This archaic business model just encourages illegal streaming. If I could just pay 200-300 buck for all 82 regular season along with pre-season and playoffs (and maybe like 5 ala cart games where you can watch a random game with credits you get at the time of purchase) and I would gladly pay it. Instead they get no money from me.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I really wish NHL.TV was offering something new in 2018. I know Comcast doesn't let you get NHL.TV with Center Ice, but as a MLB.TV customer, I'm actually hesitating on NHL.TV because the commercials are so annoying. Center Ice might even offer pre and postgame shows, which is something I wish NHL.TV had. If you're a fan of a team out of market, why would they not offer that, or maybe even a retirement ceremony if they are offering it. It's 2018, can we evolve the out of market experience again? I think the last time they did something major was the advent of HD.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
One thing I don’t understand...on my iPhone X, the quality is amazing, but on my PS4 Pro or Apple TV, the quality is crap. I did just upgrade my internet here in Greece, from 10mbs to 100mbs, and I replaced my 2nd gen Apple TV with the new 4K Apple TV, so I’m hoping that with the internet upgrade, the quality might be better. Does this sound like an isolated incident, or are others having the same problem? I mean, I can see the 60fps on my iPhone, the quality was night and day.

Its not just you. NHL app on PS4 is poor for some reason.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
When does the early bird sale kick in?

Getting redirected to Rogers when I go to nhl.tv to buy:

THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST

The 2017-2018 NHL® season has concluded, but you can join in on the action next season! Be the first to save $20 on the Early Bird pass for the 2018-2019 season.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Wait is NHL.tv only available in the States? Only options are zip codes.

All I want is to see all the events related to my favorite team without having to drop 1000 bucks on several services, only to find the games blacked out 5 minutes before. This archaic business model just encourages illegal streaming. If I could just pay 200-300 buck for all 82 regular season along with pre-season and playoffs (and maybe like 5 ala cart games where you can watch a random game with credits you get at the time of purchase) and I would gladly pay it. Instead they get no money from me.

It's NHL.tv everywhere else in the world but Canada, where it's Rogers Gamecentre Live

becky4015

Sep 11, 2014
AHL TV has come way, way down in price, past few years the prices have been outrageous, but this year it is a lot cheaper than the NHL(as it should be) The only downside some of the video feeds were terrible (jumbotron feeds) with no scores or time remaining displayed. They have said with the new ahl tv, Improved Quality of Feeds . If you had an account with ahl live, you need to make a new account with ahl tv. https://www.watchtheahl.com/#/

Last edited:

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
I really wish NHL.TV was offering something new in 2018. I know Comcast doesn't let you get NHL.TV with Center Ice, but as a MLB.TV customer, I'm actually hesitating on NHL.TV because the commercials are so annoying. Center Ice might even offer pre and postgame shows, which is something I wish NHL.TV had. If you're a fan of a team out of market, why would they not offer that, or maybe even a retirement ceremony if they are offering it. It's 2018, can we evolve the out of market experience again? I think the last time they did something major was the advent of HD.
NHL.TV had some pre/post game depending on the team last year. Might have been mostly Fox Sports Regional, I can't remember.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
NHL.TV never adds anything new, but the streaming for me is always top notch whether it be on my computer or ps4/xbox/phone. $140 this year. Price drop? Who knows. Don't remember.

I want to say it was $125 last year but I honestly can't remember for certain, LOL

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Are we thinking the early bird price is going to be $120?

And does anyone know if the NHL.tv service will show any pre-season games? (I'm thinking not)

It says pre-season games aren't included, pretty sure that's new, they were in previous years.

Reactions: wolfgaze

becky4015

Sep 11, 2014
Are we thinking the early bird price is going to be $120?

And does anyone know if the NHL.tv service will show any pre-season games? (I'm thinking not)
The USA price for nhl tv is 139.99 if you use a discover card you get a 10% discount, they do show some of the preseason games as long as they are televised, as in some markets not all preseason games are televised, I do remember some of the montreal preseason games just had the french feed, where in the regular season, you always have the english feed available

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Early bird price for Rogers NHL Live the past 2 seasons has been $179.99 + taxes ($203.39). It's a $20 discount compared to the full price

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, OK Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Last year I got the discount upon my automatic renewal, IIRC it said it would charge me the $139.99 and when the payment came out of my account it was closer to $120. This year again it says $139.99 will be charged to my account so I'm expecting the discount to be automatically applied and hoping my memory is correct.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Last year I got the discount upon my automatic renewal, IIRC it said it would charge me the $139.99 and when the payment came out of my account it was closer to $120. This year again it says $139.99 will be charged to my account so I'm expecting the discount to be automatically applied and hoping my memory is correct.

I get single team student discount for about 75 dollars per season. Being in Phoenix, its worth it for less than a dollar a game.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, OK Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I get single team student discount for about 75 dollars per season. Being in Phoenix, its worth it for less than a dollar a game.
Damn that's a great deal, I watch a lot of random games throughout the year because I hit daily fantasy a couple times a week. I haven't had many quality or buffering issues with it, I feel i get my moneys worth.

Khokhlach86

Jul 8, 2012
Moscow
2 years paid NHL.tv, this year has not received a single letter about them, nor about the price, nor about the date of withdrawing money from my card, nor about the automatic renewal of the subscription.
NOTHING! What a mess?
Did everyone else receive these letters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad