NHL.TV / Center Ice Discussion - Part II [See the warning in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SM17

Nov 25, 2005
Anyone know why it is charging me HST when I am not even an Ontario resident?

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I wanted to watch the Flyers 1st preseason game yesterday. I just bought this package - but paid the cheaper price just to watch 1 team (since I only follow the Flyers anyway).

But,I could not watch the Flyers pre-season game yesterday.

I called their customer service line yesterday, but after being on hold 50 min, I gave up. I called again today - and after waiting 50 minutes this morning, I got someone.

I was told that only the preseason games that show a network listed on the schedule will be available.

Also - NBC Sports plays like 15 or so Flyers games on their channel every season. I previously had Center Ice on Dish, but I don't have NBC Sports. So, I could never watch those games. I was hoping that by streaming, this would not be an issue.

I was told that any game that is on a national network will not be available to stream online thru NHLtv.

This was a MAJOR issue for me last season. I already paid big bucks baby for center ice with directv. Added "sports pack" to specifically include MSG Network so I could watch pre-game and post-game, and NHL network. Okay, figured I had it covered,........WRONG! Friggin' nbcsn got their greedy little fingers on it and directv cashed in by making that damned channel 220 a part of the entertainment package Rangers always a good ratings for them) that I ordinarily could give a crap about. Yeah, additional charge coupled with the painful duties of "upgrading prior" and "downgrading after". Just thought I would share.

So, here is to our Rangers NOT being on NBCSN (as we wont be that good) so I can save a little money.

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
Has anyone had any luck cancelling and getting a refund after being charged by auto-renew?

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
This was a MAJOR issue for me last season. I already paid big bucks baby for center ice with directv. Added "sports pack" to specifically include MSG Network so I could watch pre-game and post-game, and NHL network. Okay, figured I had it covered,........WRONG! Friggin' nbcsn got their greedy little fingers on it and directv cashed in by making that damned channel 220 a part of the entertainment package Rangers always a good ratings for them) that I ordinarily could give a crap about. Yeah, additional charge coupled with the painful duties of "upgrading prior" and "downgrading after". Just thought I would share.

So, here is to our Rangers NOT being on NBCSN (as we wont be that good) so I can save a little money.

Sorry to hear that. That sucks...

I was sick of not being able to see the Flyers feed on Dish Network. When I had Direct TV, they usually had the feed from both teams. Dish hardly ever had it last season. I thought I'd be able to catch the Flyers feed most of the time now, by trying the online option....

But with 15 or 16 games being on NBC Sports for the Flyers, I won't be able to see those still. Plus, from comments on this thread, it seems that NHL channel games are not shown online too...

Plus, in the past, I was tired of having to upgrade my channel package just to get NBC Sports during hockey season, and then downgrade it again after the season was over...

I guess I should have gotten the tv package instead - because I'd at least have the NHL channel then....

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
Anyone know why it is charging me HST when I am not even an Ontario resident?
Look if the drop box has your province listed as Ontario and change it your province. I wasn't charged HST.

SM17

Nov 25, 2005
On another note, I noticed that my iTunes is charging me 1.29 a month for some sort of subscription to Rogers NHL Live. Anyone know what this is? I have been able to access games using my phone, but when I try to sign in on the computer it just redirects me to the page to pay the early bird pass.

becky4015

Sep 11, 2014
Has anyone had any luck cancelling and getting a refund after being charged by auto-renew?
Yes it happened to me, I know I canceled before the auto renewed deadline, but was still charged. I called today and was able to get a refund, they gave me a confirmation number. Act fast because supposedly if you wait more than 5 days after being charged , they do not have to issue a refund.

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
I just cancelled Sportsnet due to that I am too busy to watch games on weeknights and I find binge watching Netflix TV shows much more entertaining. I have been die hard hockey fans for years but the game has become less exciting for me personally. I will watch some games televised on the weekends by either CBC or NBC should I have time for it, view the NHL.com highlights from time to time, check out HF discussions at times and definitely will watch most of the games once playoff season starts.

There are way too many good TV network shows (TV series plus reality shows) so I am less inclined to spend my money on watching games televised especially if I have to pay for it.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Sorry to hear that. That sucks...

I was sick of not being able to see the Flyers feed on Dish Network. When I had Direct TV, they usually had the feed from both teams. Dish hardly ever had it last season. I thought I'd be able to catch the Flyers feed most of the time now, by trying the online option....

But with 15 or 16 games being on NBC Sports for the Flyers, I won't be able to see those still. Plus, from comments on this thread, it seems that NHL channel games are not shown online too...

Plus, in the past, I was tired of having to upgrade my channel package just to get NBC Sports during hockey season, and then downgrade it again after the season was over...

I guess I should have gotten the tv package instead - because I'd at least have the NHL channel then....

I did this on a game by game/nightly basis, with directv. Upgrading package just for 1 night was a prorated 3 or 4 dollars a night to get nbcsn. You will get the extra channels as well (big deal) lol.

Reactions: shipwreck

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
I did this on a game by game/nightly basis, with directv. Upgrading package just for 1 night was a prorated 3 or 4 dollars a night to get nbcsn. You will get the extra channels as well (big deal) lol.

Interesting idea.

I have a deal thru Dish for only $25 a month with tax. It's not normally available. I cancelled my service, and they called me back and worked this out for me.

So, if I change anything, I can't go back to what I have now. My contract will be up in Oct (I was willing to just pay the penalty to cancel, at the time). If they jack up the price after the contract is up, I'm just going to cancel the whole thing. That's why I didn't buy the hockey package on tv. Otherwise, I'd be stuck until May then.

But, interesting idea just to switch back and forth on a per game basis.

Lemieuxs

Nov 23, 2013
Ok, here it goes.

I have an existing nhl.tv account. When I try to purchase a plan, it asks me if I already have an account. I say yes. When I log in, it pulls up old information including an old billing address. There is a button to edit the billing address. I hit the button and I populate the new address information BUTTTTT, there is no damn submit button. So when I try to pay, the payment fails... most likely because the card does not match the old billing address. It is so damn maddening... especially because I hate even doing this considering half of all the games will be on a blackout or national broadcast.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
I'm having issues logging into the Rogers NHL Live portal - you're supposed to be using the same username and password for the myRogers site to access NHL Live; guess somehow they're linked. Is anyone else?

Ed Ennui

Sep 16, 2018
Memphis
Anyone have any experience with Center Ice and Comcast/Xfinity? I've seen references to a beta program that started last year for HD feeds of all games with its new X1 box. Without the X1, you get two HD channels and the rest of the games are in SD. Yes, SD in 2018 for a premium sports product.

Crescent Street

Saturday Nite Hockey
Sep 19, 2004
Long Island
For anyone having issues linking their Cable/Sat Center Ice to NHL.tv - they are "working" on it.. every year its the same stupid crap with them.
6642ff9112ec36e2b4841350e9e5037e.png

Oct 18, 2006
Edit: Just realised payment has already gone through. The amount displayed was incurring of currency conversion. Not toooo bad I suppose.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2006
I didn't receive ANY emails about automatically renewal or anything. That's pretty bad. I just looked at my bank account and saw it was taken out. That seems pretty dodgy.

Anyway I'm watching the Wings now so I should stop my complaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad