NHL.TV / Center Ice Discussion - Part II [See the warning in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred Brathwaite

Aug 25, 2010
Has anyone experienced an issue where it locks up when cutting to commercial? I can avoid it by fast forwarding before it cuts to commercial but am screwed otherwise. I have to go back and start from the beginning or live and I usually start it late.

I have replicated the issue on Roku, fire TV, and xbox on multiple feeds. Weird thing is it only does it on some days.. not all.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
My games for tonight and the next few weeks have all disappeared. “There are no games for the selected date”. Watching on an nvidea shield with a sideloaded amazon game center. Was watching the bruins game, after that everything is gone. Have logged in and out, restarted the device. Nothing.

Same thing on my iPhone?

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
My games for tonight and the next few weeks have all disappeared. “There are no games for the selected date”. Watching on an nvidea shield with a sideloaded amazon game center. Was watching the bruins game, after that everything is gone. Have logged in and out, restarted the device. Nothing.

Same thing on my iPhone?
same here. I tried on my phone app and on the website on my PC

i clicked as far as Dec 23 before seeing games

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

Same thing on my iPhone?
Same here on Apple TV .

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
I know we're not supposed to talk about alternate streaming sites here, but this is getting old. $139 for this service. Might try to go with something else next season.

SM17

Nov 25, 2005

Same thing on my iPhone?

same here. I tried on my phone app and on the website on my PC

i clicked as far as Dec 23 before seeing games

Same here on Apple TV .

Same thing happening with me. Also NHL website isn't showing the games across the band at the top of the website. Can't watch highlights :(

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Has anyone experienced an issue where it locks up when cutting to commercial? I can avoid it by fast forwarding before it cuts to commercial but am screwed otherwise. I have to go back and start from the beginning or live and I usually start it late.

I have replicated the issue on Roku, fire TV, and xbox on multiple feeds. Weird thing is it only does it on some days.. not all.

There are various quirks with NHLTV. That is one of them. Another is fast forwarding. I don't even use that feature because it works so poorly, and often ends up with the application getting locked.

Its streaming video. As a broadcast medium, it is much less reliable than more traditional broadcast mediums (e.g., cable TV). That tends to be the problem in general with "all-things Internet". The standards for reliability are so low (or worse, there are none).

When the earlier derivatives of the Internet (Arpnet) were introduced, it was designed as a "best attempt" type of service. Things are better now with additional functions at the Layer 7 application level, but definitely not the five 9s type reliability. If your message (data) got there, great. If not, just send it again. I use the Apple TV device by the way. You need rock solid wireless LAN to have something reasonably reliable for these services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad