Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
Ok, here it goes.

I have an existing nhl.tv account. When I try to purchase a plan, it asks me if I already have an account. I say yes. When I log in, it pulls up old information including an old billing address. There is a button to edit the billing address. I hit the button and I populate the new address information BUTTTTT, there is no damn submit button. So when I try to pay, the payment fails... most likely because the card does not match the old billing address. It is so damn maddening... especially because I hate even doing this considering half of all the games will be on a blackout or national broadcast.

Have you tried this on multiple browsers? Have you tried on different devices?

If you're using a tablet or cell phone (mobile device), go into your browser options/settings and switch to 'Desktop Mode'...

Reactions: Faterson

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
I didn't receive ANY emails about automatically renewal or anything. That's pretty bad. I just looked at my bank account and saw it was taken out. That seems pretty dodgy.

Anyway I'm watching the Wings now so I should stop my complaining.
I received an email about the auto renewal back on September 2nd. Did you check your spam folder?

Macman

May 15, 2004
Anybody have an Apple tv 2nd gen? Is NHL.tv still working on it?

The "Supported Devices" page on Rogers says 3rd and 4th gen, not 2nd any more. I don't want to get a new device if the 2nd gen is still working.

I had the 2nd generation as well and it wouldn't work. Had to buy a new one. Sigh.

beakerboy

Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
Have you tried this on multiple browsers? Have you tried on different devices?

If you're using a tablet or cell phone (mobile device), go into your browser options/settings and switch to 'Desktop Mode'...

I have this same problem. Tried it on both Chrome and Firefox on a mac. Haven't gotten around to trying it on my PC yet.
I only found this out when I realized that despite receiving the auto-renew email, I didn't actually get auto-renewed. So there's that.

Puckhead44

May 16, 2018
Anyone know if it'll work if I split it with someone else? My brother ask to use my login am wondering what will happen.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Anyone know if it'll work if I split it with someone else? My brother ask to use my login am wondering what will happen.
Yes it should. I have split the cost with a couple of coworkers the last 3 years and it has worked fine , no issues . The device limit is 3 according to the Rogers site .

fancy dan

too many losing
Jun 21, 2011
i have no cable and previously have had rogers gamecentre (as a rogers customer). this year they said its not covered under my plan and i can get 25% off to subscribe. tbh i was never really happy with the rogers service for the past 5 years. i like to perv out and back games up frequently, and then skip all the intermissions (watch game behind the times).

does anyone have any suggestions for which pay coverage i should seek?

Hal3134

Oct 5, 2016
Nhl.tv customer service is a little clueless about their product; I tried asking the questions below and they didn't know. I had nhl.tv 2 years ago, but dropped it last year for various reasons and got Centre Ice. Can anyone confirm if Nhl.tv has fixed these:
1. How long after the game ends is it available to watch in the archives? (assuming not a nationally televised game subject to blackouts) Or otherwise are there dead-times when I can't watch a game?
2. If I tune in mid-game can I rewind to the beginning?
3. Have they gotten rid of those blips on the timeline that show "important events", aka, goals, that destroy my taped watching experience?
4. Are the blackout games a function of your billing zip code or your IP server location? I.e., can they be spoofed with a vpn?
5. I never could figure out how to get the alternate camera angles. How do I do that?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Nhl.tv customer service is a little clueless about their product; I tried asking the questions below and they didn't know. I had nhl.tv 2 years ago, but dropped it last year for various reasons and got Centre Ice. Can anyone confirm if Nhl.tv has fixed these:
1. How long after the game ends is it available to watch in the archives? (assuming not a nationally televised game subject to blackouts) Or otherwise are there dead-times when I can't watch a game?
3. Have they gotten rid of those blips on the timeline that show "important events", aka, goals, that destroy my taped watching experience?
4. Are the blackout games a function of your billing zip code or your IP server location? I.e., can they be spoofed with a vpn?
5. I never could figure out how to get the alternate camera angles. How do I do that?

Only one's I can answer definitely are 2 and 4.

Yes you can rewind. And blackouts are based on your current location (i.e IP address) not billing zip code. There's a blackout detector for your zip code at the bottom of the NHL.tv page.

I think end-zone cams are available for only a small amount of games. You should be able to hide the markers in your settings with "hide scores" option. That will take away scores and the markers you referring too.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
#2. On the Roku at least, they changed the FF/RW control this year for faster and more precise use. Also the Roku has instructions in the settings that explain better if you want default start live or from the beginning. That setting was confusing a couple of years ago. So yes, you can watch the games however you want.
#5 that's hit or miss depending on broadcasters.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
I know last year if you bought Center Ice on DirectTV it would come with NHLTV access free. Does anyone know if this will work with Dish this year?

Crescent Street

Saturday Nite Hockey
Sep 19, 2004
Long Island
I know last year if you bought Center Ice on DirectTV it would come with NHLTV access free. Does anyone know if this will work with Dish this year?
Yes. These are the providers you can link with. Although, it probably won't work until the regular season, which seems to be the case every year. I've been harassing their support because they can never give me an actual response.

fb124f8d712462a5e1b5cf00dd65fcb9.png

Primetime8

Oct 10, 2014
Columbia, SC
Yes. These are the providers you can link with. Although, it probably won't work until the regular season, which seems to be the case every year. I've been harassing their support because they can never give me an actual response.

View attachment 142189

Man thank you for this post. I've been trying all preseason and it just gets stuck at the last step and says "loading"

Crescent Street

Saturday Nite Hockey
Sep 19, 2004
Long Island
Man thank you for this post. I've been trying all preseason and it just gets stuck at the last step and says "loading"
It’s truly a shame and an outright disaster how poor the nhl.tv support group is ran. I can’t think of another reason other than they simply don’t care.

Leafsfan13

Feb 13, 2018
I purchased nhl Center ice on Shaw direct all the channels came up a couple work but most say “you are currently not subscribed to this channel please select a different channel’’ does anyone know why?

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
Anybody else having trouble switching games? I'm trying to figure where my problem lies.

I bought a new apple tv so I could watch. I start up, pick a game, watch with no problem. About the 2nd or 3rd time I try and switch games say at the end of the period, when I pick Watch Live, the screen just gives me the endless rotating 'busy' cursor. It will stay on that forever, never times out or errors, no matter how long I wait.

If I restart the apple tv, the new game works first time, immediately.

So my problem is I don't know if it's the apple tv, the nhl application, or my internet.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Anybody else having trouble switching games? I'm trying to figure where my problem lies.

I bought a new apple tv so I could watch. I start up, pick a game, watch with no problem. About the 2nd or 3rd time I try and switch games say at the end of the period, when I pick Watch Live, the screen just gives me the endless rotating 'busy' cursor. It will stay on that forever, never times out or errors, no matter how long I wait.

If I restart the apple tv, the new game works first time, immediately.

So my problem is I don't know if it's the apple tv, the nhl application, or my internet.
I have Apple TV and have never had that problem . Did you try deleting the app and installing it again?

Matthews34

Oct 9, 2009
Uxbridge
I don't understand why I can't watch all the in market games on Gamecentre if I pay $200 for the season? It's ridiculous! I don't have cable or want cable why should I be forced to buy it if I'm willing to buy the streaming package.

Reactions: Faterson

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Anyone have any experience with Center Ice and Comcast/Xfinity? I've seen references to a beta program that started last year for HD feeds of all games with its new X1 box. Without the X1, you get two HD channels and the rest of the games are in SD. Yes, SD in 2018 for a premium sports product.
I have Spectrum and they only offer 2 hd channels. If they have a certain box that allows all games in hd I would like to know about it because I'm tired of sd hockey

Ed Ennui

Sep 16, 2018
Memphis
I don't understand why I can't watch all the in market games on Gamecentre if I pay $200 for the season? It's ridiculous! I don't have cable or want cable why should I be forced to buy it if I'm willing to buy the streaming package.

The league has to preserve the lucrative rights fees teams receive from the regional sports networks .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad