GDT: NHL Trade Deadline Thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Look players have to go out on any deal here. Secondly, the players I want moved won't be. JJ is one, Olli injured, Kessel to big a deal right now. I actually think the deal for McQuiad is a decent pickup even if Dumo and Letang are back this week. Martinez who is the player I wanted two weeks ago is just to much of a ask. But in the off season he is still a nice piece if Olli is moved. I would prefer Pens add someone to keep teams from running the Pens stars and leave it at that.
Have you heard of that #27 guy from Edmonton? A year and a half released from a 23 goal, 50 point season. Also heard he’s tough as nails and comes with some young Finnish dude for free.

I’m reluctant to say I wouldn’t think about Pool Party and a 50% Lucic if it was for Pearson.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Because those guys are either already declining or have huge risks of declining, and acquiring expensive players who are declining is literally the opposite of what you're supposed to be doing to make a cup winner.

Yeah. This team already has enough of that. If they can't snag a player with some actual tread left on the tire with that first as part of the package. Maybe... and this is crazy but hear me out... just use it to draft a player, instead. I know some tend to overvalue picks and prospects here but sometimes it actually IS a good practice.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
I think Duncan Keith would be awesome here. :dunno:

He has probably, at most, 2 more years of being a good player for him and he’s signed til 2023.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
I think Duncan Keith would be awesome here. :dunno:

He has probably, at most, 2 more years of being a good player for him and he’s signed til 2023.

Yes I agree, would love him here not gonna lie but I think he won't waive

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Because those guys are either already declining or have huge risks of declining, and acquiring expensive players who are declining is literally the opposite of what you're supposed to be doing to make a cup winner.

Declining according to who? There's nothing but speculation about these guys all the time- but they make mid-5M money and are worth that quite easily.

Carter is responsible for producing as a 2C. Imagine his big frame as our defensive 3C? He'd be amazing. And at 5M, he would be right on the money for (with the rising cap) what a 3C is going to command. 2 seasons ago a good 3C costed 4M. Right now and going forward, that price will steadily go up.

Keith would be an absolute beast when paired with Schultz on pair 2. Imagine having two guys who could snipe a shot at any moment from either side? He makes 1M more than Maatta ffs... well worth the price. His risk is that he somehow drops off a cliff in 3-4 years? The guy would be perfect as a 4D.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town

Wow, if that is Winnipeg's play, then color me shocked. I thought with Stone being a local boy, they'd pull out all the stops to get him.

Nashville should make their move now. No way Stone wants to be anchored to Melnyk for 8 years of his prime. Meanwhile, he fits in perfectly with the ages of Johansen and Forsberg, and Nashville has 15million in space. Not a whole lot, but enough to get a prime player like him for ~9M AAV, still pay your RFAs, and worry about the rest later.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Declining according to who? There's nothing but speculation about these guys all the time- but they make mid-5M money and are worth that quite easily.

Carter is responsible for producing as a 2C. Imagine his big frame as our defensive 3C? He'd be amazing. And at 5M, he would be right on the money for (with the rising cap) what a 3C is going to command. 2 seasons ago a good 3C costed 4M. Right now and going forward, that price will steadily go up.
Carter has fallen off a cliff dude, he's mid-30s and makes over 5 million. It's not a smart contract to take on.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Keith would be an absolute beast when paired with Schultz on pair 2. Imagine having two guys who could snipe a shot at any moment from either side? He makes 1M more than Maatta ffs... well worth the price. His risk is that he somehow drops off a cliff in 3-4 years? The guy would be perfect as a 4D.

Their stats and the fans who watch them every game? It's like abundantly clear that both of those guys have already taken steps back at this point, so their trajectory is already problematic.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Have you heard of that #27 guy from Edmonton? A year and a half released from a 23 goal, 50 point season. Also heard he’s tough as nails and comes with some young Finnish dude for free.

I’m reluctant to say I wouldn’t think about Pool Party and a 50% Lucic if it was for Pearson.

Soooo. A declining anchor and a guy who appears to be busting. Go ask Edmonton fans how much Lucic does to protect McDavid.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Soooo. A declining anchor and a guy who appears to be busting. Go ask Edmonton fans how much Lucic does to protect McDavid.

To be fair, it's Edmonton and Puljujarvi is 20.

You can dump Lucic for nothing if you add Puljujarvi and retain $2 million, IMO. So would you do Pearson for Puljujarvi, Lucic at $4 million and a 3rd? Lucic's contract is too long for me to say yes to that, but I totally get why other people would say yes.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
You’re not wrong, and like I said I’d be open to acquiring him, but if that’s the only deal made we are essentially throwing a 2nd~ into the trash.

Look at the LW situation beyond, Jake.

Pearson
Aston-Reese

Neither is a speed guy, and neither is supporting enough on the offensive side of the puck enough which is contributing to failures of the C/RW efforts.

I don't think Marcus would just up and leave, he's actually signable compared to guys like Stone, and still keep your top guys intact. His struggles in NJ. would keep his cap relatively close to his current hit. Offer him a 2/3 year deal. Most of all, he has the playoff experience even if it was stunted to 2 rounds or less with the Caps a lot. he had a lot of practice playing against the Pens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad