GDT: NHL Trade Deadline Thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
But he has the skill and speed they could use on the LW.
You’re not wrong, and like I said I’d be open to acquiring him, but if that’s the only deal made we are essentially throwing a 2nd~ into the trash.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
It seems like their is still a chance ferland gets moved, it wouldn't be to us, but it would be good for us considering we are competing with Carolina.

Would be hilarious just to see them do it, and then watch them fall short of the playoffs.

I could understand if they were a perennial playoff team and Ferland, but he's been quality for them, and they havent made the playoffs in ages. Wheeling and dealing just to get something back is dumb as hell if they miss out on the postseason yet again.

Reactions: cheesedanish87

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
JR is probably trying to do something but I just don't think he has the assets available to make a competitive offer for a good player. At most I think we'll see a Hainsey/Streit type deal. Like a 2021 3rd rounder for a veteran dman

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Look players have to go out on any deal here. Secondly, the players I want moved won't be. JJ is one, Olli injured, Kessel to big a deal right now. I actually think the deal for McQuiad is a decent pickup even if Dumo and Letang are back this week. Martinez who is the player I wanted two weeks ago is just to much of a ask. But in the off season he is still a nice piece if Olli is moved. I would prefer Pens add someone to keep teams from running the Pens stars and leave it at that.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
No Carter. He's already tumbled over the hill.

Yeah I was reading that Ryan Wilson blurb posted above and I usually don't agree with the guy too often but found myself nodding along to his points.

Until I got down to the part where he suggested it would be wise to hold on to the first rounder for a deal like Jeff Carter or Eric Staal.

At which point I remember why I so often don't agree with Ryan Wilson.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Here's RW's prescription for deadline day for all you RW fans out there...ha...conclusions: don't do anything stupid JR

HockeyBuzz.com - Ryan Wilson - What does a successful trade deadline day look like for the Penguins?

I like the sentiment about aligning contracts/age with the Sid & Geno window. This works in our favor as teams are more likely to sell their 30+ players. For those that are obsessed with getting younger - don't know what to tell you. Young speedy wingers are out there, but we don't have what it takes to get them... getting a 30+ year old though? That shouldn't prove very difficult. And with 87/71 in their 30s, I don't see an issue with bolstering the lines with guys of similar age.

Getting a player like Carter, or Keith from Chicago rubs so many people but I'm not sure why. We've got a solid 4-5 seasons of our two generational talents being able to hold a production line all to themselves before we fade into the sunset. Those two players are absolutely saturated with playoff experience and could come in with no training and carry the torch of their positions.

As for the summer, once again - for the third summer in a row - we need to address Maatta's upgrade as the 3/4 D, our 3C, our 4C, and now somehow jettison Johnson.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Yeah I was reading that Ryan Wilson blurb posted above and I usually don't agree with the guy too often but found myself nodding along to his points.

Until I got down to the part where he suggest it would be wise to hold on to the first rounder for a deal like Jeff Carter or Eric Staal.

At which point I remember why I so often don't agree with Ryan Wilson.

I often find I don't agree with him when it comes to just posting purely stats from analytics. I use them sometimes but there is more to it than simply that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad