Post-Game Talk: NHL TRADE DEADLINE - MARCH 8 - HF Bruins Discord backup is open

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Storm

Mar 15, 2022
I am Bruins coach, I am running Swayman come playoffs.Be no switching to Linus game 2.
This was the absolute failed strategy by Montgomery last year. He rode Ullmark like a rented mule. Ullmark was not right. He had a healthy Sway on the bench. Stick with the rotation! Keep the goalies fresh. They are not used to playing each and every game.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I find it hilarious that some folks actually believe that Sweeney was after Dubois. Not a chance in hell was he after that slug. I'm not the biggest fan of Sweeney, but he doesn't have sponge toffee for brains.

And there's little benefit to the Kings retaining on his contract as a buyout is easy if they want to do it.

The Storm

Mar 15, 2022
People here talking about Crosby to the Bruins but on Sirius XM (one of the NHL talk stations) they were talking about him going to Colorado or Montreal because he grew up a Canadiens fan.
I love reading the spitballing on Crosby. Like the Bruins could have fit his contract under the cap?

Also, his best friend is Nathan McKinnon. Why would he not go to the Avs?

Reactions: trenton1

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
People here talking about Crosby to the Bruins but on Sirius XM (one of the NHL talk stations) they were talking about him going to Colorado or Montreal because he grew up a Canadiens fan.
Why leave Pittsburgh? Because they aren’t a playoff team and in need of rebuild. So why go to the Habs? IF* he were to leave, I’d assume it’d be to a team he’s confident can compete for a Cup. Boston Florida Tampa Toronto Vegas Carolina Winnipeg Edmonton NYR Colorado etc.

Which of those teams has the cap space this summer? Does he have close ties to any players on these teams?

Water cooler chatter.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
I love reading the spitballing on Crosby. Like the Bruins could have fit his contract under the cap?

Also, his best friend is Nathan McKinnon. Why would he not go to the Avs?
Marchand is his other homie. The three of them keep their own little practice squad.

Reactions: BTO

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
?? Can he be sent to Providence? I would think that it’s a modified no-movement clause. But whatever.

Yes he could be waived and sent to Providence. He had a NMC the first 2 years of his deal.

Screenshot_20240308_193905_Chrome.png

Reactions: BTO

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Well…..considering they didn’t hit a home run, but also didn’t raid the cupboard to any significant degree….I can live with today.

7 months ago, if we were told they’d by vying for 1 st in the conference and still have the important draft picks and prospects after the deadline, I’d imagine we’d all have signed up for it.

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
This would interest me more then Lindholm if Bruins brass can get PLD playing to his strengths .Going to be an interesting off season this year.
Are you willing to bet $59.5 million that they can? Because that's what left on his contract after this season. I would rather pay Lindholm who doesn't mail it in half the time.

Reactions: Gee Wally

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Bruins have one roster spot open. I'm curious how aggressive they'll be trying to grab an upcoming NCAA UFA.

They will absolutely be aggressive. Of course they might be very aggressive and not succeed in signing anyone who is worth giving that 50th contract to. There are no doubt a handful of players worth doing that but probably not much more than that, but 32 teams competing for them

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
My point is that a hockey player being away from his family for three months isn’t a tragedy. My point is decidedly *not* that Ullmark, having a contractual NMC, doesn’t have a right to designate certain teams that are too far from is family as teams to which he won’t accept a trade. He absolutely does have that right and, as I’ve said repeatedly, good for him and good on him for invoking it (again, again, if it even got that far). My point, again, is that I disagree, in principle, with the idea that a professional hockey player, and his family, somehow can’t deal with him being traded at the deadline. It’s the *concept* that I disagree with. Yet all everyone who responds to me says is “some people love their families” and “I took a lesser-paying job to be with my kids”. So? You should have seen what my wife and I had to deal with when she was in teacher’s college and I was in grad school. You don’t see me invoking it (and no, I didn’t “just invoke it”). Refute the concept, not the instance.
Sounds like a “sucks for you” kinda thing that he didn’t have to deal with. Nobody is saying it’s some personal tragedy, they’re saying it sucks and we get why he doesn’t want to do that and understand why that may be a reason a pro athlete declines a trade

Would you have preferred to be away from your wife? Probably not! Did it suck? Probably! Well Linus doesn’t have to do that and if he doesn’t want to be away from his family then that’s a perfectly good reason. Nobody is saying he physically wouldn’t be able to do it.

So again, I don’t really understand the point you’re trying make. Like I get your response to when I said that last time but I don’t understand the purpose of it. That you had a hard time being away from your wife in school so other hockey players can do that too? Ok sweet I guess? They do all the time. Linus doesn’t have to. It’s a perfectly valid reason to not accept a trade. (Which again I know you said you don’t have a problem with him using his NTC….but like that leads me back to what the f*** is the point of what you’re arguing lol)

Last edited:

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I'm just happy they got a little tougher. I have liked Maroon back to his AHL days and if Peeke hits and blocks shots, with Wotherspoon and McAvoy on D it isn't the softest D in the league anymore. Would like it a lot more with Gruzz as the 8th D but right now, when Lindholm gets healthy, I don't have him in the lineup.

Over the summer add a number 1C, gritty top 6 forward and a Dillon or Middleton on D. Add Duhaime as a UFA to the bottom 6 and watching Grier at work I would offer a 3rd for Kunin for another bottom 6 spot.

Reactions: Bodit9

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Sounds like a “sucks for you” kinda thing that he didn’t have to deal with. Nobody is saying it’s some personal tragedy, they’re saying it sucks and we get why he doesn’t want to do that and understand why that may be a reason a pro athlete declines a trade

Would you have preferred to be away from your wife? Probably not! Did it suck? Probably! Well Linus doesn’t have to do that and if he doesn’t want to be away from his family then that’s a perfectly good reason. Nobody is saying he physically wouldn’t be able to do it.

So again, I don’t really understand the point you’re trying make. Like I get your response to when I said that last time but I don’t understand the purpose of it. That you had a hard time being away from your wife in school so other hockey players can do that too? Ok sweet I guess? They do all the time. Linus doesn’t have to. It’s a perfectly valid reason to not accept a trade. (Which again I know you said you don’t have a problem with him using his NTC….but like that leads me back to what the f*** is the point of what you’re arguing lol)
Again, it’s the concept, the principle, that, for hockey players, getting traded at the TDL and being away from their families is part of the business, and so not a huge personal tragedy. Again, in *principle*. I have zero issues, zero, with Ullmark listing teams at the the other side of the country, or in another country, on his no-trade list. He got a no-trade clause and deserved it and had every right to invoke it and good for him that he did. My problem is not with this instance (Ullmark’s) of the principle but with the concept of the principle itself, namely, that being traded at the TDL, or anytime for that matter, is inflicting some sort of personal emotional injury on professional hockey players. It’s part of the business and part of being a professional hockey player. How many times do I have to spell out the same thing in the same terms before people stop bringing up a particular instance of the principle?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Again, it’s the concept, the principle, that, for hockey players, getting traded at the TDL and being away from their families is part of the business, and so not a huge personal tragedy. Again, in *principle*. I have zero issues, zero, with Ullmark listing teams at the the other side of the country, or in another country, on his no-trade list. He got a no-trade clause and deserved it and had every right to invoke it and good for him that he did. My problem is not with this instance (Ullmark’s) of the principle but with the concept of the principle itself, namely, that being traded at the TDL, or anytime for that matter, is inflicting some sort of personal emotional injury on professional hockey players. It’s part of the business and part of being a professional hockey player. How many times do I have to spell out the same thing in the same terms before people stop bringing up a particular instance of the principle?
I think you’re arguing against an argument nobody was making. Nobody is claiming it’s some terrible “personal tragedy”. They’re just saying it would suck and get why that would influence a players decision to not want to accept a trade. We all understand it’s a business. There’s a reason why multiple people are like “wtf is this guy even arguing?” lmao

Last edited:

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
The real problem was when they were locked in the bubble for months at a time during COVID. Also, some players have been known to leave their families in their hometown for the entire season. Of course, they visit during the season, but many players do this, although I don't think that it's done as much as it used to be done, but I don't have any data on it.

Reactions: CDJ

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
I think you’re arguing against an argument nobody was making. Nobody is claiming it’s some terrible “personal tragedy”. They’re just saying it would suck and get why that would influence a players decision to not want to accept a trade. We all understand it’s a business. There’s a reason why many people are like “wtf is this guy even arguing?” lmao
Sure, I may be arguing against an argument that no one is making, but no one is even attempting to refute the argument that I am making. So let’s just call it a wash at this point lol.

• Haha
Reactions: CDJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad