Post-Game Talk: NHL TRADE DEADLINE - MARCH 8 - HF Bruins Discord backup is open

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Kitchener won Memorial.Cup when I was there.Mike Richards was at Safeway at Conastoga mall doing pics with trophy.
Mike Richards was one hell of a player. Won the OHL Championship, Mem Cup, AHL Champion and Stanley Cup plus a Gold Medal n the World Juniors. Saw him in a the local TV. Has a horse farm up I'm Kenora now. Kid would go through a wall for team mates in junior.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Mike Richards was one hell of a player. Won the OHL Championship, Mem Cup, AHL Champion and Stanley Cup plus a Gold Medal n the World Juniors. Saw him in a the local TV. Has a horse farm up I'm Kenora now. Kid would go through a wall for team mates in junior.
Wow what a resume

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Would also go through a border entry point with Oxycodone.

• Haha
Reactions: Sevendust and lopey

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
So do we have enough space to call up Beecher if needed?

Boquist on line 4 in the playoffs…I’m just not feeling it.

But what does it matter? It’s clear DS is a big fan. And not a big fan of Beecher.

That guy is gonna get no separation and knocked around in a playoff environment. And on L4. Pointless.

I’m fine with him as an emergency fill in on the middle lines…decent fit…but that’s it.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Maroon-Beecher-Lauko for me. Beecher and Lauko speed makes up for Maroons lack of speed but his presence could let Lauko turn into a real prick, maybe some of that rubs off on Beecher.

Yup and it is a line that can actually play in the 3rd period of a close game because Beecher is by a wide margin the best faceoff man they have

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Maroon-Beecher-Lauko for me. Beecher and Lauko speed makes up for Maroons lack of speed but his presence could let Lauko turn into a real prick, maybe some of that rubs off on Beecher.
Ditto.

Won’t happen. I’d even bet on them not playing Lauko, let alone Braz. They’ll go as vet conservative as they can…

Maroon-Boquist-Brown

Haha

But I probably shouldn’t laugh…it’s possible with them.

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
Gotta admit I'm jealous of the Avs deadline.... mittelstadt duhaime trenin and walker. Some serious adds. West is a blood bath

Reactions: Bodit9

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
Good point. I’m hoping his style and leadership helps Braz too. Everyone on the fourth line suddenly became more physical and finally know that someone has their backs.

Reactions: Bodit9

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Gotta admit I'm jealous of the Avs deadline.... mittelstadt duhaime trenin and walker. Some serious adds. West is a blood bath
Too many players. Disrupts team chemistry. That was one of the things that helped derail the Bruin’s run last year.

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
I think Sweeney had a very good deadline. He would have had an absolutely awesome one had Linus been a good soldier and gone to LA. It’s Sweeneys fault for giving out the ntc, but what kind of player wants to stay where he’s not wanted?
I think PLD would have been a great add. The guy is big, young and talented with an edge. Hopefully he still comes here over the summer and Ullmark is gone somewhere. Anywhere, really.

• Wow
Reactions: Sevendust

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Good point. I’m hoping his style and leadership helps Braz too. Everyone on the fourth line suddenly became more physical and finally know that someone has their backs.
I didn’t know Braz needed help. He’s not a Maroon type player. More of a Coyle type.

I think Sweeney had a very good deadline. He would have had an absolutely awesome one had Linus been a good soldier and gone to LA. It’s Sweeneys fault for giving out the ntc, but what kind of player wants to stay where he’s not wanted?
I think PLD would have been a great add. The guy is big, young and talented with an edge. Hopefully he still comes here over the summer and Ullmark is gone somewhere. Anywhere, really.
PLD would have crippled this franchise. Don’t know what you have been reading. He’s on his third team and has an albatross of a contract.

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
I didn’t know Braz needed help. He’s not a Maroon type player. More of a Coyle type.

PLD would have crippled this franchise. Don’t know what you have been reading. He’s on his third team and has an albatross of a contract.

I liked the game Braz played against the Leafs, he was very physical and hit everything in sight. I’m hoping Maroons style rubs off on the kid.
I see the potential of PLD as a young player. He has all the tools and could blossom as a Bruin. I would have driven Ullmark out to LA and come back with PLD myself if that would have made it happen.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I liked the game Braz played against the Leafs, he was very physical and hit everything in sight. I’m hoping Maroons style rubs off on the kid.
I see the potential of PLD as a young player. He has all the tools and could blossom as a Bruin. I would have driven Ullmark out to LA and come back with PLD myself if that would have made it happen.
No way. Three teams have done what you just wrote. This kid doesn’t have it. It tells you something that he’s in year one of that massive contract and LA wants to get rid of him. f*** that. Plus, we don’t know if it was PLD. I’m thinking it was someone else.

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
Why , we need help on the RHD bad
As the bottom pair right wing? We’re fairly stacked at RHD and lacking on the left side. If Peeke can bounce back to where he was he’d be a lot more useful playing in the top four on the left side

Reactions: GoBs

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Re: Linus Ullmark

First we dont know if rumor was true. Weekes only ‘source’.
Second even so its Ullmarks benefit mutually agreed upon to use or not.
Third its not 3 months as said somewhere here. Hes under contract next year too.
Four we dont know if the rumored buyer made first contact.That happens a lot.
Five if rumor was true and if it was for PLD , Ullmark may have saved this franchise until next decade.
That contract is a poison pill for what you get. Not to mention the huge balloon payments he gets next year and year after. True cap is averaged but Jacobs would have to pay out real money. I wouldnt. Not for that player.

Im going to sit back and enjoy whats left of what I always considered a bridge season anyway. And see what off season trades and signings bring.
Great stuff

I find it nuts the Bruins split overtime games they would be in control of the prez trophy for a team I figured was 98 point 7th or 8th seed

Bruins fans would get a speeding ticket on a scenic drive

Reactions: GahdenRinkRat

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Patches also invoked his NMC and cited staying near family.

Anyone who gives he or Linus shit for invoking their respected clauses needs to touch grass and examine their own priorities.

Good for them both

100% agree.

Can’t hate people for exercising their right that THE TEAM agreed to in contract negotiations. Hell, teams use them as bargaining chips to get better contracts from their perspective (lower salary/cap hit/years).

Blame Sweeney for handing it out if anything.

Reactions: Alicat and lopey

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Guetzel hasn't signed an extension and Vegas can t sign everyone. Good possibility that he ends up right back in Pittsburgh

Shoot or maybe here. Looking forward to enjoying the rest of the season, but can't deny its hard not to look ahead to the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad