Post-Game Talk: NHL TRADE DEADLINE - MARCH 8 - HF Bruins Discord backup is open

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Definitely not the worst case scenario today.

Bottom line is that this entire team has to demonstrate that their play style can translate to playoff hockey. Before that happens, you really can’t invest much.

I hope LA and Boston are just shelving their trade until the Ullmark family can comfortably move out west.
I wish they still had Brock Faber

Reactions: GloveSave1

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Crosby here tomorrow I hope Marchand starts recruiting

Bruins could get Crosby and would expect atleast 20 % to give thumbs down
How old is Sid now ? I think if people are against this it's because they know they can get a younger centre that would be here longer.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
loads of UFA`s off the books this summer, extend Sway, move Ullmark, Bussi as backup, some money to spend this summer.

Just have to be careful. Spend for legitimate high end talent. Don't overspend for middle end talent, that is where teams get killed in FA

Their owners and fans will get upset if they don't spend to the cap, so they overpay for guys

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
This would interest me more then Lindholm if Bruins brass can get PLD playing to his strengths .Going to be an interesting off season this year.
He’s capable of being a generational talent, for a goalie we have to move…addressing our top need area. You pull the trigger on this kinda deal every time.

Totally willing to bet we see the Zacha effect with our winning culture.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Not sold on the Rangers, the other 3 are trucks.
West going to see some good teams packing early

He’s capable of being a generational talent, for a goalie we have to move…at our top need area. You pull the trigger on this kinda deal every time.

Totally willing to bet we see the Zacha effect with our winning culture.
I agree with you.Ullmarks 16 team list goes to 15 after this season.Whats chances that 1 dropped is LA :dunno:

• Haha
Reactions: GloveSave1

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I don’t know why this is all so funny. Yeah they had $57k in cap space (well more once they LTIR guys), but other teams seemed to have managed. Regardless, if you decide you need a centre then go out and get a centre. Not that PLD is the answer, but Van wasn’t happy with Lindholm. In any event, other teams seemed to have managed to have identified their needs and did what it took to address them. Not sure why Sweeney should get a pass.
I think Sweeney got it right myself .Still have those picks & cash in off season.Wait till next deadline they will be in good spot I bet.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
People here talking about Crosby to the Bruins but on Sirius XM (one of the NHL talk stations) they were talking about him going to Colorado or Montreal because he grew up a Canadiens fan.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
As I said, it’s his prerogative if he wishes to invoke the NTC and veto.

No ill will on my end. But some in the fanbase will kill him for it. First soft goal he allows, the argument will be “We could have had X, Y, and Z instead.”

Again, it’s up to each player to do what’s right for them. But would you rather go and be “the guy” for the Kings or potentially sit in the playoffs?
Ullmark rightfully negotiated his NTC when he signed. Sweeney rightfully explored a trade and asked him to waive and he said no for whatever reason. Both are professional and doing what they think is in their best interests. Not sure why people are so worked up about it.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
I think Sweeney got it right myself .Still have those picks & cash in off season.Wait till next deadline they will be in good spot I bet.
Yeah I didn’t expect him to do anything and was, mostly, fine with that. I was prepared to give him both an F for doing nothing and an A for doing nothing lol. But then the Lindholm talk got me all excited. What can I say.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
West going to see some good teams packing early

I agree with you.Ullmarks 16 team list goes to 15 after this season.Whats chances that 1 dropped is LA :dunno:

Look he might be willing to pack up and move his family to someplace like LA in the offseason, but not be willing to say goodbye to his family, and tell them he'll see them again in May.

I don't know, but next year Linus is going to want to focus on his next contract, and being in Boston in possibly a reduced role may not set him up tremendously well for his next bite at FA

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Fantasyland:
Crosby 1 year remaining 8.7m. Let’s assume Crosby only wants to play with Marchand. Bruins trade 2025 1st ++ for 87 with 1m retained.

Marchand Crosby (7.7m) Pastrnak
Zacha E.Lindholm (7m) Poitras
Heinen Coyle Frederic
Maroon Boqvist Brazeau

Hanifin (7.5m) McAvoy
Lindholm Carlo
Lohrei Peeke

Swayman (7m)
Bussi
That would be a decent team. 😉

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
?? Can he be sent to Providence? I would think that it’s a modified no-movement clause. But whatever.

Why would you do that even if you could?
You only get to bury about 1 M, not the whole contract. Which would be close to a wash calling up another goalie.
Not to mention you royally pissed off the entire team by pulling such a mickey mouse move.

Reactions: RoccoF14

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
I'll believe Crosby is leaving Pittsburgh when I see it. Until then it's just random idiots spit-balling around the water cooler.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Just have to be careful. Spend for legitimate high end talent. Don't overspend for middle end talent, that is where teams get killed in FA

Their owners and fans will get upset if they don't spend to the cap, so they overpay for guy
Forwards: if C Stephenson hits UFA, go hard at him, Reinhart too for C roles, I`d settle for Teravainen from Canes as my lesser expensive get
Marchessault for the wing, Daniel Sprong for wing as my lesser get and Martinook and fans here will hate me but...................Nick Cousins

Back end UFA: Go hard at Montour, like Justin Shultz too

To be clear, not saying they`ll add all of these, but these would be the names I go after in UFA

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Look he might be willing to pack up and move his family to someplace like LA in the offseason, but not be willing to say goodbye to his family, and tell them he'll see them again in May.

I don't know, but next year Linus is going to want to focus on his next contract, and being in Boston in possibly a reduced role may not set him up tremendously well for his next bite at FA
Your last paragraph makes sence for sure.Bruins need to get Swayman locked up .

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Forwards: if C Stephenson hits UFA, go hard at him, Reinhart too for C roles, I`d settle for Teravainen from Canes as my lesser expensive get
Marchessault for the wing, Daniel Sprong for wing as my lesser get and Martinook and fans here will hate me but...................Nick Cousins

Back end UFA: Go hard at Montour, like Justin Shultz too

To be clear, not saying they`ll add all of these, but these would be the names I go after in UFA

I don't think they are going after a big defenseman in the offseason. I think they will be looking at Lohrei in the top 4, and one more physical likely LHD which allows Spoon to be the #7

Reactions: ODAAT

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Why would you do that even if you could?
You only get to bury about 1 M, not the whole contract. Which would be close to a wash calling up another goalie.
Not to mention you royally pissed off the entire team by pulling such a mickey mouse move.
I was questioning whether it was just a no-trade clause or a no movement clause, because the poster was questioning my use of the term “NMC”. As far as I know, a “no-trade clause” allows you to be sent to the minors, since it’s not an NHL trade. Thus, I thought that the proper term would be a “modified no-movement clause”. But I don’t really no. It’s semantics is all. I’m not suggesting Ullmark be sent to Providence either, before everyone starts attacking me on that as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad