NHL to Seattle Volume XV - Moving the Expansion Needle [Upd: 9/24 Arena Reno. Unanimously Approved]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Any idea what he is in favor of then?

BTW, as we all wait.....

Daniels and his cameraman leading the media stakeout. Where exactly is the BoG meeting? Looks to me like this is a hotel lobby of some kind.

It might be the lobby of the building in which the NHL offices are.

DougieMellon

Sep 4, 2018
Any idea what he is in favor of then?

BTW, as we all wait.....

Daniels and his cameraman leading the media stakeout. Where exactly is the BoG meeting? Looks to me like this is a hotel lobby of some kind.

No idea..

I'm sitting over here with my legs moving a million miles an hour.

League offices on 6th Ave.. I know a few years ago they were going to move to one manhattan west but I am not sure if that ever happened.

Last edited:

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
Seattle mayor 'confident' in plan to bring hockey to the city after NHL meeting

To quote:

"We should know soon whether the pitch to bring professional hockey to Seattle went well.

That was the message from Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan after she and Seattle Hockey Partners met with the National Hockey League's Executive Committee Tuesday morning in New York City.

Though the committee asked a "fair amount of questions" during the meeting, Mayor Durkan said "Seattle sells itself." Durkan added she's confident the plan to build a new Seattle Center arena will move forward - construction on a new arena is contingent upon the city being award an NHL expansion team."

Source: www.king5.com/article/news/local/arena/seattle-mayor-confident-in-plan-to-bring-hockey-to-the-city-after-nhl-meeting/281-600127608

jbron

Apr 27, 2014
West Coast
Seattle NHL.png

Reactions: SoldiersOfFilth

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
As a die-hard Seahawks fan, and someone who loves the city of Seattle, I know for a fact, hockey will thrive there, because the fans love their sports.

May have to make more trips out to the PNW if the team comes over anytime soon!

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !

One of Daniel's previous tweets said they were meeting near Times Square, so I doubt that's in the NHL offices (meaning not the same place where Seattle group did their presentation).

One of hotels I know near Times Square is Marriott Marquis.

DougieMellon

Sep 4, 2018
One of Daniel's previous tweets said they were meeting near Times Square, so I doubt that's in the NHL offices (meaning not the same place where Seattle group did their presentation).
Unless they moved to a new building since i have been there.. the NHL headquarters are on 6th ave (aka. Times Square).

Last edited:

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012

More from Mr. Aquilini. Sounds like the threshold has been reached potentially to where a waiver of that requirement about securing a team has been achieved. You agree Tommy, SD and Doug?

I'm waiting to hear from bettman himself if he's going to speak today to the media.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Bettman: We met...it was good meeting...we are still working through the process...we are meeting in December...no decision has been made...yada yada yada... ;)

I know you are joking but lets be a little more realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad