NHL to Seattle Volume XV - Moving the Expansion Needle [Upd: 9/24 Arena Reno. Unanimously Approved]

Status
Not open for further replies.

snovalleyhockeyfan

I'm just the messenger.....
May 22, 2008
North Bend, WA

j1012

Dec 8, 2014
The leading contender...seems to be...The Metropolitans...

Doubt it but expect a retro jersey night when they play the Millionaires. I have been partial to the Pilots, but no Kraken please. the weird Seattle Times nickname polling game has Totems versus Sockeye in their finals.

snovalleyhockeyfan

May 22, 2008
North Bend, WA
What time is the executive meeting?

I believe I heard something like 10am ET. Mods can confirm. Random poll here BTW, how many of you wish you were flies on the wall in the meeting room today?? I know I'm one......and probably so is Chris Daniels. His Twitter will be a must follow today as will the other reporters there, and it wouldn't surprise me if Daniels does an interview or two on radio north of the border later so listen for that up in Canada.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
An Avs fan, but there's just something about Seattle that's so enticing. Maybe it's my Seahawks fandom but I have a sneaking suspicion that I'll be rooting for Seattle as a secondary.

snovalleyhockeyfan

May 22, 2008
North Bend, WA

So extra discussion time. Guessing that's a good thing

Probably is. Look, they probably were well aware of what the Seattle group was going to pitch today, and saw the pitch so there's probably a lot of good questions being asked in there by the Committee. Again, would be nice to be a fly on the wall in there....

Guess here again as I have noted before is that if the Committee recommends approval by the full BoG in December, Durkan will waive that particular clause about securing the team and allow OVG to begin construction. If this happens I'd expect to see dirt moving down there in a couple of weeks.

snovalleyhockeyfan

May 22, 2008
North Bend, WA

A photo of the prospective Seattle ownership group (Leiweke's and Bonderman) as they headed in for the meeting. As LeBrun reported, and Daniels is now reporting the same on Twitter, this thing is still going on. Daniels is a must follow on Twitter at this point as developments may be fast breaking here over the next hour or two.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Live Events

Live Q&A

I missed the first part, but the theme I heard was patience, NHL is in control of the process, etc. etc.

Will update the link if the upload the Live Video for replay.

Llama19

Jan 19, 2013
Outside GZ
Live Events

Live Q&A

I missed the first part, but the theme I heard was patience, NHL is in control of the process, etc. etc.

Will update the link if the upload the Live Video for replay.

The most Captain Obvious post in this thread... ;)

On another note...the Seattle Group is pushing for a 2020 start...IMO...NOT GONNA HAPPEN...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad