League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) Vol. 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I think Buffalo needs him more. That team desperately needs another star to make some noise. Rumor has it Eichel's back already needs some treatment from carrying that whole team .

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Panthers have mostly such a well built team but they may have ruined their future with some of those bad contracts. Bobrovsky for 7 more years with NMC? Why the hell they drafted Knight that high? Part of me thinks they were already hoping that they get a compliance buy-out on Bob few years down the road and then have Knight step in. Goalies without much NHL experience don't hold that much value so otherwise that choice is just mind-boggling. Mike Matheson is on his 2nd year of that 8-year contract at slightly below 5m AAV and he was a healthy scratch on their last game.

Yikes.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
''7. There are reports out of Russia that CSKA Moscow is trying to extend Islanders goalie prospect Ilya Sorokin. Tough to say if this is legit or a negotiating tactic, but he will be 25 in August. If the extension is at least three years, he becomes an unrestricted free agent in North America.'' per Friedman.

Tough blow for the Islanders if that happens.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Panthers have mostly such a well built team but they may have ruined their future with some of those bad contracts. Bobrovsky for 7 more years with NMC? Why the hell they drafted Knight that high? Part of me thinks they were already hoping that they get a compliance buy-out on Bob few years down the road and then have Knight step in. Goalies without much NHL experience don't hold that much value so otherwise that choice is just mind-boggling. Mike Matheson is on his 2nd year of that 8-year contract at slightly below 5m AAV and he was a healthy scratch on their last game.

Yikes.
They don't have a well built team. They need more quality defensemen and it's been like that since forever. That is probably the main reason why Tallon had a brain fart and protected every scrub they had on D for the expansion draft instead of Marchessault and Smith.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
They don't have a well built team. They need more quality defensemen and it's been like that since forever. That is probably the main reason why Tallon had a brain fart and protected every scrub they had on D for the expansion draft instead of Marchessault and Smith.

I said mostly. Defense is the issue but propably slightly less so now that Ekblad is actually playing like a #1D. Yandle is a quality offensive top-4 D and Stralman can still play top-4 minutes with a right partner. They propably thought Matheson would be that 4th guy on their top-4 but he's been a disappointment. Bottom-pairing is an issue. But that's why it was mind-boggling as to why they did both sign Bobrovsky and use that 12th overall pick on Knight, when they could have used either that pick or the cap space to get that missing top-4 D. Their forward core is pretty well built and they have several good prospects knocking on the door.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Florida’s defense is really bad. Bobrovsky’s people either didn’t care because of the money he was offered or didn’t do their research.

Jun 15, 2007
Blues and Avs don't make sense for Hall.

Yotes make a lot of sense...but I'm not sure if their ownership would allow them to make such a huge move. I pretty much treat the Coyotes as the AI on beginner setting in a video game.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
If Hall wants the paycheck he deserves Arizona would be one of the worst places for him to end up in this season. Good team but even Crosby would be a sub PPG guy down there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad