League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) Vol. 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Remember when the Jets were gonna win the Cup? :laugh:
They blew out Vegas game 1 of the conference finals a couple years ago and it was the Jets are legit but Vegas is a fluke. Both those teams and the Caps all got to the same place last year though.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I read that which was why I asked. His injury is a complete unknown? What happened to Bjugstad?
Rumor has it his leg is injured. Soft tissue is what they say.

Watching the Pens crash cant shake the feeling this is how an end of the Ovi era will look like.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009

Watching the Pens crash cant shake the feeling this is how an end of the Ovi era will look like.
I'm just surprised they seem to be handling it poorly. When our time inevitably comes I feel fairly certain that all the main boards talk in the world won't keep me from grinning ear to ear when I watch cup highlights. We got everything we could have asked for from the Ovechkin era. One of the most dominant athletes of all time with a (knock on wood) lifetime dedication to the franchise, leading his team to the promised land at least once. No asterisks, no footnotes, nothing. If you expect it to go on forever you're a fool, but that should keep you satisfied long after they begin to suck.

And we just have the one. Why they seem to be beside themselves instead of gracefully bowing out and accepting that it had to happen sometime is beyond me. I guess maybe because it has more to do with Jack Johnson and other various nightmares than their franchise cornerstones, maybe, but still it just seems like greed to me.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland

It is Malkin with the soft tissue injury, no one knows what is wrong with Bjugstad.

And if this is the Pens version of "crashing", scoring 14 goals in two games, on the road, on back to back nights, then when it happens to the Caps I can handle it. ;)

Also they healthy scratched Johnson last night so if they finally figured out that he is as horrible as everyone knows he is and start playing their best D options the Penguins will make the playoffs again in what looks to be a weaker Metro this season.

Reactions: Heath

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

I read the soft tissue thing. I am amazed that with all the cameras on that player that there is nothing on what happened. Since I have to guess and this has come up so early and without any on ice obvious injury that this is last season's injury. Which if true is a bad sign.

I'll pass on the doom for now. So long as Ov and Backstrom and Carlson remain major injury free, I expect their career arcs to have a soft landing. Rather than a crash. With Kuznetsov, Wilson and Vrana the Caps all star potential and with MF and Seigenthaler already showing they are legit and Samsonov, I trust that MacLellan can keep things going.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I dont know about Caps crashing but not seriously contending for the cup is tough enough for me :D

Pens look like they cant win a cup anymore

Thats a window closed

With GMBM I hope Ovi has some chance each year. Would like to see one more win. First...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->