League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) Vol. 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast

Coincidence that the Panthers are sitting their top prospects the same time Hall is sitting?

If Florida get Hall I think they are making a big mistake. Hmm let me rephrase that: I think another scoring winger is the least of their needs. Unless they have decided that they can overcome their poor D and goaltending
by simply outscoring their opponents every night :laugh:

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
If Florida get Hall I think they are making a big mistake. Hmm let me rephrase that: I think another scoring winger is the least of their needs. Unless they have decided that they can overcome their poor D and goaltending
by simply outscoring their opponents every night :laugh:

Agreed.

They should go hard after Pietrangelo, not Hall.

Reactions: Calicaps

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
LuJo for Middelstadt. (Not realistic but would be nice.)
Easy yes but won't happen :laugh:

I'd definitely pull the trigger on a LuJo trade as long as they get back a decent piece in return. A skilled forward would be a welcomed addition. LuJo can be an NHL player he just isn't going to do that in Washington at this time. Too many bodies ahead of him.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
What is Lujo's injury? I cant find information on it anywhere. Is it related to his previous injury history?

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Easy yes but won't happen :laugh:

I'd definitely pull the trigger on a LuJo trade as long as they get back a decent piece in return. A skilled forward would be a welcomed addition. LuJo can be an NHL player he just isn't going to do that in Washington at this time. Too many bodies ahead of him.

And he can't stay healthy. Sucks because I think that LuJo can be an NHL defenseman but he played in half of Hershey's games last year and he's seemingly out indefinitely at this point with only 6 GP, and as a LD he plays the deepest position in the organization. Orlov, Kempny, Siegs in the NHL and Fever, AA, Nardella... not great especially when you can't stay on the ice.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
What is Lujo's injury? I cant find information on it anywhere. Is it related to his previous injury history?
Absolutely no idea. I think they said it was an "upper body injury" at one point and it went from being a day to day thing to long term.
And he can't stay healthy. Sucks because I think that LuJo can be an NHL defenseman but he played in half of Hershey's games last year and he's seemingly out indefinitely at this point with only 6 GP, and as a LD he plays the deepest position in the organization. Orlov, Kempny, Siegs in the NHL and Fever, AA, Nardella... not great especially when you can't stay on the ice.
Pretty much this. There has to be a comparable forward in the AHL that hasn't lived up to draft expectations that could be a possible trade piece. Washington/Hershey did this when they traded Francois Bouchard for Tomas Kundratek and that ended up working out for the organization

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Absolutely no idea. I think they said it was an "upper body injury" at one point and it went from being a day to day thing to long term.

Pretty much this. There has to be a comparable forward in the AHL that hasn't lived up to draft expectations that could be a possible trade piece. Washington/Hershey did this when they traded Francois Bouchard for Tomas Kundratek and that ended up working out for the organization

And it doubly sucks because Hershey could use this theoretical forward now, but we cant pull the trigger on any trade while Lujo is still hurt and no one knows what hes injured from or when he is coming back.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
And it doubly sucks because Hershey could use this theoretical forward now, but we cant pull the trigger on any trade while Lujo is still hurt and no one knows what hes injured from or when he is coming back.
Definitely some guys around the league they could look at. Boston's organization has guys like Zach Senyshyn and Travis Frederic, Dallas has Riley Tufte, NYI have Kieffer Bellows, Toronto has Jeremy Bracco and Arizona has Nick Merkley. All are guys that haven't fully put it together yet and are mainly 1st and 2nd rounders

Reactions: tenken00

Jun 15, 2007
Definitely some guys around the league they could look at. Boston's organization has guys like Zach Senyshyn and Travis Frederic, Dallas has Riley Tufte, NYI have Kieffer Bellows, Toronto has Jeremy Bracco and Arizona has Nick Merkley. All are guys that haven't fully put it together yet and are mainly 1st and 2nd rounders

Don't think LuJo gets any of those guys.

Those guys failed to make the jump to the NHL (except Riley Tufte who is a first year pro, so not sure why you included him) but they were at least good in the AHL. Bracco scored 79 points for the Marlies last season.

Lucas Johansen isn't even good in the AHL.

Lucky to get a pick for him, imo.

Reactions: tenken00

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I think I'd look for an RD for LuJo more than a F. Having Djoos shift sides has masked that issue at the Hershey level, but the more they have to keep recalling Lewington for RD issues in the NHL, the more is shows that it is a potential problem (at least until they have cap space for Djoos and Reirden decides to play him). I realize they're trying Fever at RD in Hershey now, but that's another example of the lack of RD depth in the org.

Reactions: searle

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Don't think LuJo gets any of those guys.

Those guys failed to make the jump to the NHL (except Riley Tufte who is a first year pro, so not sure why you included him) but they were at least good in the AHL. Bracco scored 79 points for the Marlies last season.

Lucas Johansen isn't even good in the AHL.

Lucky to get a pick for him, imo.
Respectfully going to disagree. Bracco is the only one in that bunch that has put up great AHL numbers. The rest have been average or below average. I included Tufte because he was drafted 3 spots ahead of LuJo. I tried to look for guys either in his draft class or the class before his. If you have other examples feel free to toss them around. Was mainly looking for guys who could still have some sort of NHL future but just don't seem to be working out in their respective organization, similar to Johansen

Reactions: 895
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad