League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) Vol. 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun 15, 2007
I like the trade for Arizona.

Other than the 1st nothing really hurts. The two forwards are more likely to miss than hit and Bahl is okay but not a blue chip.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
So its

Arizona
Kevin Bahl
Nick Merkley
Nathan Schnarr
2020 1st rounder
2021 3rd rounder (we have their 2020 3rd rounder) - that becomes a 2nd rounder if they resign Hall or win a playoff series this year - that becomes a 1st rounder if they do both

For

New Jersey
Taylor Hall (50% salary retained)
Blake Speers

Edit: So basically this means our Arizona 2020 3rd is dropping again.... or with Hall there... maybe gaining in value?!? :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Can he be flipped for another 1.5m at 50%?
holy smokes thats scary for us in terms of what someone like Islanders could do.

I love the deal for Arizona. I want them to do well.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
The picks they got have some interesting conditions.

If Arizona's first-round selection in the 2020 draft is in the top three, the Devils will receive the Coyotes' first-round pick in the 2021 draft. The third-round pick in the 2021 draft will become a second-round pick if Arizona wins a round in the playoffs or Hall re-signs, and it will become a first-round pick if the Coyotes win a round in the playoffs and Hall re-signs.

I could see it becoming two 1sts, but lower ones, not lottery picks.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
upload_2019-12-17_8-56-51-png.293521

This hit does not even get a phone call. How did Wilson get suspended so many times? I only remember the one Blues hit being a bad hit from behind into the boards, but the rest of his hits were hockey hits. Not this drive by chicken shit only hitting the head.

Reactions: searle

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I still don't get the hit v Pittsburgh that broke that guy's jaw. It was face to face. Both players trying to deliver a hit. Wilson didn't leave his feet or use an elbow and the head wasn't primary source of contact. Oh well

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I still don't get the hit v Pittsburgh that broke that guy's jaw. It was face to face. Both players trying to deliver a hit. Wilson didn't leave his feet or use an elbow and the head wasn't primary source of contact. Oh well

It was all about the league trying to stop Wilson from hitting, period. The legality didn't really matter. They were afraid of him.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
It was all about the league trying to stop Wilson from hitting, period. The legality didn't really matter. They were afraid of him.

What was the argument FOR suspending him? I mean the one the league or Wilson haters were pushing forward?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
What was the argument FOR suspending him? I mean the one the league or Wilson haters were pushing forward?

There were many arguments made for suspending him. Predatory, intent to injure, track record, imagined unique cheap shot ability that somehow just barely avoids crossing the legal line at full speed, etc.

Just a case of Hitting While Wilson.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
The Kovalchuk talk among the fans reminds me so much of the Carmelo Anthony hate train that everyone was sitting on when he looked completely clueless on the Thunder team and everyone was calling for him to retire. He basically was blackballed by the league based mostly on media forced narrative that he can't play when he's not the first ot at least a second star on a squad. Then he signs for league minimum, partially guaranteed contract with the Trail Blazers, starts balling and everyone like ooooohh i'm so happy for my boy Melo, the guy still has it, I told you so etc. Them fans are a really two-faced, hypocritical kind.

Reactions: Ridley Simon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->