League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) Vol. 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
The Atlantic stinks. Amazing how good the Metro and Central are. The Pacific is great for late night hockey action. As for Bowey, I never thought he was all that, but hoped he would be an NHL player. Just goes to show sometimes a team has to take chances on trades and not believe the prospect hype.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Bowey will probably get another call-up with injuries.

That being said the writing was on the wall for Bowey with the scrubs the Wings were playing ahead of him. Alex Biega (31) and Jonathan Ericsson (35), both waived player themselves, were playing ahead of him.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
So Hathaway gets in a scrum with a dude twice his size, gets sucker punched by him, then spits at him. Serves his suspension and then fights the guy he spat on........ and he is a coward????

I guess getzlaf and I have different definitions of a coward

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
As for Bowey, I never thought he was all that, but hoped he would be an NHL player. Just goes to show sometimes a team has to take chances on trades and not believe the prospect hype.

I do agree with this sentiment, but Bowey was just a throw in for the Jensen trade. We gave away our 2020 2nd rounder.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

Jun 15, 2007
If it's not abusive then it has to be like a personal vice or something. Like maybe he showed up to work drunk.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

Will be interesting to see how this all plays out

Well....All the "its not this and its not that" points strongly at something sexual. "personal life". Something clearly inappropriate.

This must be an area that Leonsis has a skill for good decisions. Even the guys that cant coach are stand up guys. Oates and Cassidy. Cassidy could coach but was just over his head.

A team that has Barry Trotz doesn't have these issues. Someone on Barry Trotz's staff has to carry that level or cleanliness. Reirden is clean and reliable. Thanks to Ted

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Well....All the "its not this and its not that" points strongly at something sexual. "personal life". Something clearly inappropriate.

This must be an area that Leonsis has a skill for good decisions. Even the guys that cant coach are stand up guys. Oates and Cassidy. Cassidy could coach but was just over his head.

A team that has Barry Trotz doesn't have these issues. Someone on Barry Trotz's staff has to carry that level or cleanliness. Reirden is clean and reliable. Thanks to Ted
The main board thread indicates there was a Christmas party for the team Saturday night and an incident was reported Sunday morning. Some kind of sexual harassment would be my guess since they were able to fire him.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Ok. I don't view workplace issues as personal life. Sexual harassment at a team function is workplace. I don't know

Jun 15, 2007
But sexual harassment is illegal. I thought it wasn't an illegal thing he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad