League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) Vol. 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Nice Duster!
1972_plymouth_duster_1560804084b7b8cf887F0D7D2-D56E-4190-AAD5-DA167C08578E-e1562087437224-940x606.jpeg

off topic but had a 75 duster from the late 80s to the mid 90s. no hood scoop and it was a maroon color. loved that car.

Reactions: RandyHolt

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
off topic but had a 75 duster from the late 80s to the mid 90s. no hood scoop and it was a maroon color. loved that car.

My cousin had a 72 but converted it into a manual column shift

Last edited:

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
So NJ won't lend Hughes to the WJC. On one hand I'm like "who cares, your games don't matter." But on the other, I understand protecting an asset.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Didn’t he just get an extension??

Ownership need to decide if the money they owe Cooper (if they fire him) is worth more than another wasted season. And the obvious answer is - no way.
The Lightning are currently a team that's in "win now" mode. And let's be honest - they really should have won the Cup after such an amazing regular season.
As somebody else said, it might be too early to fire Cooper - there are FIVE teams in the Atlantic within 2 points of each other so a couple of wins could put them in 2nd place. But the team has only twice
won 3 games in a row this season and that doesn't look like a team that is suddenly going to solve everything and march to the top of the league. I really think there are a lot of unhappy players in that locker
room who blame Cooper for what happened. Imagine being as good as they were last season and then hitting a brick wall like they did in the playoffs and having NO answer, and your coach having NO answer (in the press conferences
he sounded clueless). Gotta take it's toll and I think that's what we're seeing.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Ownership need to decide if the money they owe Cooper (if they fire him) is worth more than another wasted season. And the obvious answer is - no way.
The Lightning are currently a team that's in "win now" mode. And let's be honest - they really should have won the Cup after such an amazing regular season.
As somebody else said, it might be too early to fire Cooper - there are FIVE teams in the Atlantic within 2 points of each other so a couple of wins could put them in 2nd place. But the team has only twice
won 3 games in a row this season and that doesn't look like a team that is suddenly going to solve everything and march to the top of the league. I really think there are a lot of unhappy players in that locker
room who blame Cooper for what happened. Imagine being as good as they were last season and then hitting a brick wall like they did in the playoffs and having NO answer, and your coach having NO answer (in the press conferences
he sounded clueless). Gotta take it's toll and I think that's what we're seeing.
Unpopular hot take: Last year's Bolts were never gonna win shit in the playoffs. In the salary cap era, teams that breeze through the RS burning villages without breaking a sweat are 100% not built for the playoffs. We saw that with the 09-10 Caps too. Hockey should not be easy. If it is, you're doing it wrong. That's maybe on Cooper, but I'd argue it's management.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Unpopular hot take: Last year's Bolts were never gonna win **** in the playoffs. In the salary cap era, teams that breeze through the RS burning villages without breaking a sweat are 100% not built for the playoffs. We saw that with the 09-10 Caps too. Hockey should not be easy. If it is, you're doing it wrong. That's maybe on Cooper, but I'd argue it's management.

Oh I know there were people saying the Bolts would have trouble in the playoffs. But they've been on a short list of teams favoured to win a Cup over the last several seasons. I look at their roster and I see a team that has most (if not all) of the tools needed to win a Cup. I don't think the biggest problem is management - I think it's Cooper and the lingering stench of being swept by a Columbus team that really had no business sweeping them. I just don't think the players have got it out of their system yet.

(Is it safe to say the Bolts probably feel a lot like the Caps have felt in those years before they won a Cup?)

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I'd rather play in the NHL myself.

He's clearly not ready to play in the NHL and their team sucks. It's also led by 2 guys who are dying to get out of there. I was kind of expecting them to lend him so that he can actually enjoy hockey for few weeks before returning to that trainwreck of a team. :laugh:

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
He's clearly not ready to play in the NHL and their team sucks. It's also led by 2 guys who are dying to get out of there. I was kind of expecting them to lend him so that he can actually enjoy hockey for few weeks before returning to that trainwreck of a team. :laugh:

Its a messy situation, I hope they're not stuck in a cycle of sucking like the Oilers were before McDavid.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I hope they do get him. Chemistry is important and when you get these big name rentals I think it hurts more than it helps. Roster tweaks only are the way to go unless there is an injury.

Well Makar left the game and people are saying it looked serious. Unfortunate to lose the Calder like that for the kid if out for awhile.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Well Makar left the game and people are saying it looked serious. Unfortunate to lose the Calder like that for the kid if out for awhile.

Oh damn, I was only listening to that game on the radio driving home. Hope he is ok.

Edit: I just saw the hit, collarbone or shoulder is my guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->