League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - COVID Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Meanwhile in hockey... Hawks have asked the HHOF to remove Aldrich's name from the Cup and it's been granted. I don't think they should be allowed to sanitize that. They should have to live with the stain IMO.

Also, Panthers are still good without Q.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I'm not wasting time imagining anybody here or analyzing anyone's real life. I'm just telling straight up: Beach is soft and yall soft too. The difference is I don't care about any of the users's sex life like some here care about mine (lmao) or how socialized I am in real life (lol people really have that much time on their hands to analyze this over a nickname they stumble upon on internet). But hey I'm not begging to stop either, that's just stupid lol.

It's ok to critical think and look for facts when formulating opinions. I don't always believe every breaking news story, but this debacle with the Blackhawks has the facts and is extremely disturbing. How is that soft to be infuriated with this story? This isn't sports gambling, taking an opposing political stances, religious viewpoints, or having an opinion. This is straight up sexual misconduct and nobody should go through it. So what if the player is a huge athlete, a person with leverage used their position to perpetrate a crime. Plenty of people are in prison for this kind of stuff. I know this is an international forum and there are laws in different countries and some cultures have different stances, but here in the US it's a crime and most of the world shuns the behavior of a sexual predator. Who cares if the player was 20 and a male. Plenty of adults, both male and female are victims of sexual assault crimes. Most likely if the victim had used physical violence against the perpetrator they would be the one in jail and blacklisted for violent behavior, while the real criminal is still ruining lives. This isn't some smear suit by someone who has opposing views, it's a victim wanting justice.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Meanwhile in hockey... Hawks have asked the HHOF to remove Aldrich's name from the Cup and it's been granted. I don't think they should be allowed to sanitize that. They should have to live with the stain IMO.

I think we all knew the Panthers would come together no matter what coach they got. There is just too much talent on the team after years of futility and a pure rebuild. The same thing will happen in Arizona if they do it right. I actually believed the Panthers had a chance at the cup last season. Unfortunately, they ran into Tampa and they made series out of it.

Reactions: Calicaps

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Rangers fans getting sensitive when people call them out on overrating their young players:

« Maybe I don't subscribe to the mob mentality on this website, like many of you do. I couldn't care less if the posters of this website agree with me. I'm pushing back on the misinformation about Lafreniere. Your HF credibility is obviously important to you. You think it's important to subscribe to groupthink and be as toxic as possible.

I am trying to give credit to this guy for an objectively good start to the season. He is playing at a top 6 level, which would be considered a good start for a player in their second season, unless you are going to only measure him by expectations prior to when he came into the league, and decide that he cannot ever receive credit unless he does that.

And your only response is some un-objective nonsense that doesn't even articulate why what I said isn't accurate. Seems like maybe the issue is your post, and not mine. If you don't want to come into this thread to discuss the merits of what was suggested, just admit it, and admit that you don't have an opinion on this matter that is based on reason. »

Guy writes an essay just to prove that I don’t actually have an opinion on Lafreniere being underwhelming in his second season and not living up to the pre-draft hype.

It’s pretty comical, they do this shit all the time. They did it with the famous « Rangers don’t have a Tom Wilson problem », they did it about Kravtsov and all their overrated young players.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
It's ok to critical think and look for facts when formulating opinions. I don't always believe every breaking news story, but this debacle with the Blackhawks has the facts and is extremely disturbing. How is that soft to be infuriated with this story? This isn't sports gambling, taking an opposing political stances, religious viewpoints, or having an opinion. This is straight up sexual misconduct and nobody should go through it. So what if the player is a huge athlete, a person with leverage used their position to perpetrate a crime. Plenty of people are in prison for this kind of stuff. I know this is an international forum and there are laws in different countries and some cultures have different stances, but here in the US it's a crime and most of the world shuns the behavior of a sexual predator. Who cares if the player was 20 and a male. Plenty of adults, both male and female are victims of sexual assault crimes. Most likely if the victim had used physical violence against the perpetrator they would be the one in jail and blacklisted for violent behavior, while the real criminal is still ruining lives. This isn't some smear suit by someone who has opposing views, it's a victim wanting justice.
There was no reason not to go to police and make it a public case and also there was no reason to fear a video coach half of your size. The guy was a freakin video coach. He's nobody. Even if he was somebody it's a word of a player on his way to the big league therefore having a lot to lose for false claims against a word of a video coach nobody knows or cares about. Hawks would need some real connections at the top of the world to shut this story down in all the media.

But no, he chose to get assaulted and quietly cry how terrible life is. Now he's "brave" when someone for him brought this to light and did everything for him. Cool bro, you still gonna live with this your whole life that you let some pos do that to you.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
There was no reason not to go to police and make it a public case and also there was no reason to fear a video coach half of your size. The guy was a freakin video coach. He's nobody. Even if he was somebody it's a word of a player on his way to the big league therefore having a lot to lose for false claims against a word of a video coach nobody knows or cares about. Hawks would need some real connections at the top of the world to shut this story down in all the media.

But no, he chose to get assaulted and quietly cry how terrible life is. Now he's "brave" when someone for him brought this to light and did everything for him. Cool bro, you still gonna live with this your whole life that you let some pos do that to you.

7643fecc3e93ef89577b6cab1e2a42f834b5d901.gifv

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I think we all knew the Panthers would come together no matter what coach they got. There is just too much talent on the team after years of futility and a pure rebuild. The same thing will happen in Arizona if they do it right. I actually believed the Panthers had a chance at the cup last season. Unfortunately, they ran into Tampa and they made series out of it.
And Ekblad got hurt, that was a huge blow for them.

They've been building something there for a long time. Slowly. And apparently the right way.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
And Ekblad got hurt, that was a huge blow for them.

They've been building something there for a long time. Slowly. And apparently the right way.

Yep and they have endured a lot of hardship and ridicule. Just postpone their progression this year so Caps don't have to face them if we make playoffs.

Reactions: Devil Dancer

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

right but it’s just XXXX’d over from what I read…..that’s pretty good shaming, IMO….and he obviously doesn’t deserve that honor….I’d rather let his legacy to be among the few who have been unceremoniously overwritten but never forgotten.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I watched most of the Islanders game today, and let me say I am glad that they have Zdeno Chara on their team. Not only is Chara absolutely cooked, but Trotz doesn’t seem like the guy who will bench Chara for poor play. It bodes well for Washington.

It always seemed like a weird fit to me, given that Chara’s supposed strengths are grit and intangibles which the Islanders of all teams certainly didn’t lack before Chara’s arrival. They already had Andy Greene, did they need another old slow LD on the roster?

I hope Chara gives Nick Jensen 50% of his paycheck! He’s earned it!

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
I watched most of the Islanders game today, and let me say I am glad that they have Zdeno Chara on their team. Not only is Chara absolutely cooked, but Trotz doesn’t seem like the guy who will bench Chara for poor play. It bodes well for Washington.

It always seemed like a weird fit to me, given that Chara’s supposed strengths are grit and intangibles which the Islanders of all teams certainly didn’t lack before Chara’s arrival. They already had Andy Greene, did they need another old slow LD on the roster?

I hope Chara gives Nick Jensen 50% of his paycheck! He’s earned it!

Hey, there is a line between a poke and a stab... Still funny though.

On a serious note, that's the biggest problem with Chara. Can't bench the guy, can't put him in the press box.

IvanMalison

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
Looks like stuff is really catching up with the Penguins

I'm still wary. Feel like things have looked bad for them early in the season for the past few years but they have managed to magically turn it around every time. The division does look brutally competitive this year though, so maybe they'll have a harder time.

Reactions: searle

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I'm still wary. Feel like things have looked bad for them early in the season for the past few years but they have managed to magically turn it around every time. The division does look brutally competitive this year though, so maybe they'll have a harder time.
It's true, the worse the Pens look in October the farther they go in the playoffs.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia