League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - COVID Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
So....COVID

You are not at a loss. You are playing a game. Whats next? A guy misses a game because of the flu, another contagious disease, and you want discipline? Attending the ballet. OMG....:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:. Yup. You are f ing with me. I am out. Oh...it looks like COVID is running thru the team, so Crosby probably was infected at the practice facility or the locker room at work. Have a nice day.

Don’t get caught on the line…

upload_2021-11-3_19-33-3.gif

Reactions: g00n

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
They were certainly disciplined for missing a team function last year according to the team.

But where it gets confusing for me is that I thought we previously established that players could not possibly get COVID from family members, or the locker room, or the thousands of unvaccinated people in hockey arenas. This is how we were able to deduce that Evgeny Kuznetsov got COVID while attending a production of Swan Lake in New York City last year, and thus why he earned all of our ire.

So I'm just really at a loss here. We're seeing a bunch of NHLers getting COVID, or at least being put into protocol. While attending a ballet or other activities is no longer against the rules, shouldn't teams be discouraging and even punishing this type of social behavior due to COVID risk? It's really selfish putting their teams behind the 8-ball.

I think there’s a little something to this last part, and I would suggest that it depends on how each individual franchise is advising their own.

You could have some teams advising players to be extremely cautious, that they would prefer players not go to mass public gatherings, but you can’t make them. So depending on the case, it could be a selfish act that leads to an infection.

You could have others saying “go live life” but follow the rules.

Last edited:

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
They were certainly disciplined for missing a team function last year according to the team.

But where it gets confusing for me is that I thought we previously established that players could not possibly get COVID from family members, or the locker room, or the thousands of unvaccinated people in hockey arenas. This is how we were able to deduce that Evgeny Kuznetsov got COVID while attending a production of Swan Lake in New York City last year, and thus why he earned all of our ire.

So I'm just really at a loss here. We're seeing a bunch of NHLers getting COVID, or at least being put into protocol. While attending a ballet or other activities is no longer against the rules, shouldn't teams be discouraging and even punishing this type of social behavior due to COVID risk? It's really selfish putting their teams behind the 8-ball.
f*** out of here with this. You know the exact difference.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
f*** out of here with this. You know the exact difference.

I know that he got disciplined for missing a team function, and fans should be upset for him missing a team function.

But I don’t understand why people here are upset that Kuznetsov got COVID. Do people expect him to not get COVID despite playing in an enclosed space full of thousands of unvaccinated, inebriated, yelling and shouting fans?

It makes no sense! I feel like people are just looking to get mad at him!

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I know that he got disciplined for missing a team function, and fans should be upset for him missing a team function.

But I don’t understand why people here are upset that Kuznetsov got COVID. Do people expect him to not get COVID despite playing in an enclosed space full of thousands of unvaccinated, inebriated, yelling and shouting fans?

It makes no sense!

I think you’re confused…..Fans were displeased he’s f***ed off for 3 years…and then chose to put himself and others at risk….and as a result, got Covid and made himself and others miss time.

Stop trying to blame it on the boogeyman “he got it in the building from the fans” BS.

Besides, I prefer to look forward. He’s come back more dedicated than ever and I think that’s all fans wanted all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad