Status
Not open for further replies.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
That's different because it was a school. They had a legal obligation to report it. The Blackhawks didn't. They won't be getting any jail time.

I'm not so sure. Three individuals were charged in the Sandusky case, not the school itself. "On November 1, 2012, Pennsylvania Attorney General Linda Kelly announced that Spanier had been indicted for grand jury perjury, obstruction of justice, child endangerment, failure to report child abuse and conspiracy in connection with the scandal. Curley and Schultz were also indicted for these charges in a superseding indictment." Most all states have laws about making the reporting of a child abuse a legal requirement. Its unclear how much the State of Illinois has such laws (they should) or how much those sort of laws apply to a 20 year old, but this isn't a distinction between "employer and school". The laws apply to individuals. Schools may have additional reporting requirements but its State by State.

Its possible they might not be getting any jail time, but they should. Their inaction lead directly to additional victims being assaulted. When the victim is a child, every state punishes the person who withheld the knowledge. That the victim in this case is an adult changes little, morally/ethically speaking. The point is if you know someone is committing this sort of crime and you do nothing, there should be consequences.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
In PSU they were employees OF the state (as a state run institution). So government employees. Which of course isnt the case with the Blackhawks.

I would imagine the rules are different. As we see in all the new COVID vaccine laws (am NOT stirring the COVID pot, just as an example of state v private sector)

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I think the NHL would have to fire Coach Q Florida is not going to fire the coach in first place for like the first time ever

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
In PSU they were employees OF the state (as a state run institution). So government employees. Which of course isnt the case with the Blackhawks.

I would imagine the rules are different. As we see in all the new COVID vaccine laws (am NOT stirring the COVID pot, just as an example of state v private sector)

But the laws they were charged with are not ones which apply only to state employees.

Bottom line, I doubt these cretins are charged, convicted or serve any time in jail. But morally and ethically, they all should. What they did is virtually the same as what the Penn State folks did, and the results are virtually the same, they enabled a predator to continue ruining lives. What they deserve, and what they actually get, may differ.. such is the world we live in.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Mate that's the same question I have and always get the same response: not everyone is as tough as you. Like bruh..really? You have to be super tough to defend yourself from raping? How so? I looked up his page on eliteprospects, the guy 6"3, 200 pounds. He couldn't defend himself and mess that guy up? Or you just value money and career so much you allow really anybody penetrate you for a chance to stick around? That's not really a rape then. A rape is when someone is physically forced to have a sexual intercourse. Otherwise you always have a choice to refuse.
Have you read the report? He said: No. He punched him which made him angry and the perpetrator told him that he's done in NHL if he doesn't do what he wants. You can say he gave in for money, but that was his dream to play in the NHL. For some of these kids this is their life. Of course, now at 31 he would act differently and he is doing by telling us his story. It's great that you are a "tough" guy and you haven't met anyone in your early life who was in a position of power and abuse you, but Kyle Beach and 16 years old kid weren't. Also it didn't happen suddenly, the trainer was grooming him and telling him that he has so much power like Q listens to him and he has lots of friends in the league.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
It's not about mindsets, we're living in the real world. Everyone's trying to seem perfect but they're not and at the same time in the first rows to judge these young boys that were pretty much as young as Beach at the time. So he gets a pass for keeping a silence and not taking any action to defend himself all these years and back then because, you know, fear to lose the job and stuff but they don't get the pass while having a solid case to be fearful of if not losing their careers but getting them derailed. How is that fair? They're great players but outing your employer in that light can hurt anybody really. Even if that is not the case and they weren't thinking about that at all...Bowman seems to be in their good gracesm they like the guy on a personal level. So if someone is really close to you but he didn't fire some piece of shit you're going to his office and telling him "Hey man, I love you but I don't give a f***, you need to go". Lol that's either some unreal fairytale shit or serious betrayal on their part. There's this thing called loyalty. I'm speaking for myself: I'm not betraying my close one over non-firing of a criminal whoever that is. If anything I have respect for both Toews and Kane for not backing down and having Bowman's back rather than just saying what people imploring them to say about him while absolutely not feeling that way.

I think you should consider stopping talking.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
3-0 Bolts over Yotes after 12 minutes. With the competitive portion of the game over, Yotes may be more rested than we’d want.

Maroon had to go twice (including with OB at the start) in first 12 minutes

Reactions: max21

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Bettman said:
"We thank the Panthers' organization for working with us to ensure that a thorough process was followed. Given the result, there is no need for any further action by the NHL regarding Mr. Quenneville at this time. However, should he wish to re-enter the League in some capacity in the future, I will require a meeting with him in advance in order to determine the appropriate conditions under which such new employment might take place.

In other words, stay retired Q. Got off easy.

Reactions: Calicaps

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Everyone will get their turn on this now that the snowball is off and running. Cheveldayoff and likely the players if some of the reports are true.

I feel sorry for the Panthers that they got caught in the middle of this. Almost hope for their sake that there were some better coaches available.

Reactions: Calicaps
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad