League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - COVID Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
The guy that petty that he feels he won't bother to quote the post he's replying to isn't getting any answer from me. Try having a civil conversation first.
Ok, I’m responding to you. Can you answer the question?

you don’t think Good Samaritan mindsets should exist? Or more specifically — if someone chooses to ignore “doing the right thing”, then you are OK w those types of people?

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Ok, I’m responding to you. Can you answer the question?

you don’t think Good Samaritan mindsets should exist? Or more specifically — if someone chooses to ignore “doing the right thing”, then you are OK w those types of people?
It's not about mindsets, we're living in the real world. Everyone's trying to seem perfect but they're not and at the same time in the first rows to judge these young boys that were pretty much as young as Beach at the time. So he gets a pass for keeping a silence and not taking any action to defend himself all these years and back then because, you know, fear to lose the job and stuff but they don't get the pass while having a solid case to be fearful of if not losing their careers but getting them derailed. How is that fair? They're great players but outing your employer in that light can hurt anybody really. Even if that is not the case and they weren't thinking about that at all...Bowman seems to be in their good gracesm they like the guy on a personal level. So if someone is really close to you but he didn't fire some piece of shit you're going to his office and telling him "Hey man, I love you but I don't give a f***, you need to go". Lol that's either some unreal fairytale shit or serious betrayal on their part. There's this thing called loyalty. I'm speaking for myself: I'm not betraying my close one over non-firing of a criminal whoever that is. If anything I have respect for both Toews and Kane for not backing down and having Bowman's back rather than just saying what people imploring them to say about him while absolutely not feeling that way.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah it's like sitting in a company and someone says something following your statement but doesn't really looks at you or makes sure he directs the question to you. Almost like a mocking or something but I'm sure you get what I'm saying and know pretty well what you meant acting like that

I’m not even sure what you’re carrying on about anymore….

Reactions: Calicaps

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
So he gets a pass for keeping a silence and not taking any action to defend himself all these years and back then because, you know, fear to lose the job and stuff but they don't get the pass while having a solid case to be fearful of if not losing their careers but getting them derailed.
Um... he didn't stay silent? He reported it?

The cover up is literally the main part of the story

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Staying silent obviously means not going to the media. I missed the part where they had media members in their pocket covering it up.
You're literally victim blaming right now, and for what reason?

To defend Toews & Kane? Millionaires that will live long and healthy lives, and will never know or think about you once in their lives? Like what is the point of your posts on this subject right now

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
You're literally victim blaming right now, and for what reason?

To defend Toews & Kane? Millionaires that will live long and healthy lives, and will never know or think about you once in their lives? Like what is the point of your posts on this subject right now
Beach literally doesn't give a a flying f*** about any of his defenders, that doesn't stop you from defending him either. See how does that work?

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Beach literally doesn't give a a flying f*** about any of his defenders, that doesn't stop you from defending him either. See how does that work?
Other than him getting emotional talking about how much the support from everyone including friends, family, the hockey community, and random strangers has meant to him and how it helped him get through this, you're right I guess.

And since when do you need permission or a blessing to do the right thing or defend the right stance?

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Other than him getting emotional talking about how much the support from everyone including friends, family, the hockey community, and random strangers has meant to him and how it helped him get through this, you're right I guess.

And since when do you need permission or a blessing to do the right thing or defend the right stance?
You don't know really what he got emotional about. You'd like to think it's because of that but you don't know what was on his mind. Maybe he was just remembering how he didn't stomp the head of that person when he could and sat there for another time in total regret. There's no permission for an opinion but you don't get to cancel hockey players because they were silent. You have your contract for millions of dollars and a star career ahead of you. Do you really go and risk it all for a guy you're not really friends with ? Or betray a close one for him? Don't be in a hurry to answer. Think about it.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
You don't know really what he got emotional about. You'd like to think it's because of that but you don't know what was on his mind. Maybe he was just remembering how he didn't stomp the head of that person when he could and sat there for another time in total regret. There's no permission for an opinion but you don't get to cancel hockey players because they were silent. You have your contract for millions of dollars and a star career ahead of you. Do you really go and risk it all for a guy you're not really friends with ? Or betray a close one for him? Don't be in a hurry to answer. Think about it.
I don't even know what you're saying. Risk what? Which "close one" would they be betraying?

And I don't need to think long about it; if someone on my team is sexually assaulted I'm going to report it... especially if I'm the captain. Not sure why I'd need time to think about that or why I'd be even put in the position of being the leader of the team in the first place if I had to take time to decide if I'd do something about it.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
It's not about mindsets, we're living in the real world. Everyone's trying to seem perfect but they're not and at the same time in the first rows to judge these young boys that were pretty much as young as Beach at the time. So he gets a pass for keeping a silence and not taking any action to defend himself all these years and back then because, you know, fear to lose the job and stuff but they don't get the pass while having a solid case to be fearful of if not losing their careers but getting them derailed. How is that fair? They're great players but outing your employer in that light can hurt anybody really. Even if that is not the case and they weren't thinking about that at all...Bowman seems to be in their good gracesm they like the guy on a personal level. So if someone is really close to you but he didn't fire some piece of shit you're going to his office and telling him "Hey man, I love you but I don't give a f***, you need to go". Lol that's either some unreal fairytale shit or serious betrayal on their part. There's this thing called loyalty. I'm speaking for myself: I'm not betraying my close one over non-firing of a criminal whoever that is. If anything I have respect for both Toews and Kane for not backing down and having Bowman's back rather than just saying what people imploring them to say about him while absolutely not feeling that way.

It's not just about Kyle Beach. Brad Aldrich assaulted other kids afterwards. No one put a stop to it even if they knew. The guy was a habitual sexual predator. And nothing was done. Not a single thing. At least call the cops.

Reactions: Hivemind

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
It's not just about Kyle Beach. Brad Aldrich assaulted other kids afterwards. No one put a stop to it even if they knew. The guy was a habitual sexual predator. And nothing was done. Not a single thing. At least call the cops.

100% there is legal precedent for people who know of this sort of crime being committed and DO NOT call the cops, to be held legally/criminally responsible for enabling the predator.

For the Blackhawks coaches and FO involved in this coverup, the question is no longer about canceling them, its about do they deserve jail time for this. Talking Q and Bowman and the rest. I've already linked to how the people at Penn State who covered for Sandusky were convicted.

Reactions: tenken00

Jun 15, 2007
100% there is legal precedent for people who know of this sort of crime being committed and DO NOT call the cops, to be held legally/criminally responsible for enabling the predator.

For the Blackhawks coaches and FO involved in this coverup, the question is no longer about canceling them, its about do they deserve jail time for this. Talking Q and Bowman and the rest. I've already linked to how the people at Penn State who covered for Sandusky were convicted.
That's different because it was a school. They had a legal obligation to report it. The Blackhawks didn't. They won't be getting any jail time.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I don't even know what you're saying. Risk what? Which "close one" would they be betraying?

And I don't need to think long about it; if someone on my team is sexually assaulted I'm going to report it... especially if I'm the captain. Not sure why I'd need time to think about that or why I'd be even put in the position of being the leader of the team in the first place if I had to take time to decide if I'd do something about it.
Bowman, my friend. If you dedicated this much of your time to this story you should have known by now he's for them not just a typical another executive in a suit who was paying them. I genuinely don't know how people hold a convo and barely read what the other guy says. That's what happens when you're too focused on pushing your agenda this hard.

And for the second part of your statement...oh yeah everyone is so brave for random people while sitting on their couch. Yeah totally not the typical internet convo where everyone talking is too good for this evil world.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
What a bizarre conversation.

I genuinely wonder how people you interact with in real life see you
People I interact with in real life are of different mentality and perception of reality than you. That's why it's so bizarre to you. We're from different worlds and we'll never view stuff the same way which I am pretty happy with.

Jun 15, 2007
Dave Bolland has deleted all his social media accounts.

Interesting timing. Perhaps he's preemptively preparing himself for something?

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
So much in fighting.

Is the US too sensitive and sometimes highly hypocritical?

YES.

does that have an ounce to do with what the Blackhawks did and how many of them tried to cover this up?

NO.

can we stop trying to waste time and connecting the 2??? Everything else is pandering to attempt to prove a narrative.

there is no narrative. What the Blackhawks did we wrong. Morally, emotionally, mentally, and criminally.

Why are we arguing this?

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
It's absolutely absurd to think that a team's two best players - one the captain and one a #1 overall pick - had serious concern that their careers could be derailed by management. Those two could have walked into the owner's office and said "it's him or us" and Aldridge would have been packing his office the next morning.

Last edited:

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
People I interact with in real life are of different mentality and perception of reality than you. That's why it's so bizarre to you. We're from different worlds and we'll never view stuff the same way which I am pretty happy with.
:laugh:

Nobody normal talks like this. You sound like the weird kid in high school who had no social life.

Your weirdo psychoanalysis in this discussion only backs that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad