OT: NHL Offseason (All non-Stars NHL talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I was listening to the NHL news podcast and they said there was a team waiting to put some players on LTIR and then would sign Gardiner. Most likely Toronto, but then I wondered if that was Dallas. Could have signed him for 4M once Hanzal went on LTIR and possibly Johns

I’m sure Nill will trade for a D once Johns can’t play

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I was listening to the NHL news podcast and they said there was a team waiting to put some players on LTIR and then would sign Gardiner. Most likely Toronto, but then I wondered if that was Dallas. Could have signed him for 4M once Hanzal went on LTIR and possibly Johns

Justin Faulk maybe :sarcasm:

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg

Justin Faulk maybe :sarcasm:

It's a nice thought, but I'm sure Nill will be happy with that they have. I'd rather not have Polak in the top 4, but it's looking likely if the defense ends up something like @MrHeiskanen posted in the Off Season thread.

Lindell - Klingberg
Heiskanen - Polak
Oleksiak - Sekera
Fedun

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Faulk actually makes a ton of sense for Dallas. Especially after the comments I heard Monty had made through Heika.

If Johns was able to play (which he wont), they were going to have him be more offensively minded this season. Using that context and considering faulks current cap hit I think he's a perfect fit.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Man with so many high caliber RFA's still unsigned the season is going to be very wierd in the beginning . Even if they all sign in the next days ( which is not looking likely ) some teams might start very rocky . Stars gotta take advantage if they face anyone who misses core players that are still unsigned early on.

Also i hope Nill looks at this and take this as a warning what could happen in the worst case scenario with Miro in two years .

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Is there any possibility of Nill pulling off a heist for one of them? I’d imagine not. Cost would be far too high asset and cap wise.

Fun to dream about, though. Imagine adding someone like Marner to the roster.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Is there any possibility of Nill pulling off a heist for one of them? I’d imagine not. Cost would be far too high asset and cap wise.

Fun to dream about, though. Imagine adding someone like Marner to the roster.

Unless Marner is so pissed off by the Leafs he randomly signs here for way below market value while also forcing his way out of Toronto specifically to the Stars and i don't see how that happens. Leafs would want Miro + picks would i would imagine as well in a trade and i'm not doing that.

Stars roster is set outside maybe some smaller asset when Hanzal is on LTIR . No capspace for major moves that any of the bigger RFA's would be.

Reactions: LatvianTwist

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Jets smart to lock up Morrissey for as long as possible with their sorry defence. Povorov and McAvoy won’t be happy to see that contract.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I thought the Eaves contract wouldn't end up good for the Ducks but he only played 9 NHL games ( and 7 AHL games ) since the Ducks re-signed him after the trade. Thats less than Hanzal managed to play for the Stars.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
So Marner signed his deal now we'll see if the dominos start to fall for the rest of the RFA's still left to sign. Unsuprisingly Marner didn't take any less money either. That Leafs salary structure is messed up . Half the cap spend on 4 forwards. I don't know if thats a recipe to win anything. Wonder how they're gonna handle it when their somewhat cheap defenseman start to expire next season.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Lmao Leafs GM gives in to player demands again. 40M for four forwards. Marner should kiss Tavares on the lips for this contract before he came along he was a 70 point player.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Lmao Leafs GM gives in to player demands again. 40M for four forwards. Marner should kiss Tavares on the lips for this contract before he came along he was a 70 point player.
Nah- Marner was going to be an elite talent well before Tavares came to town.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Oilers fans just keep hilariously setting themselves up for disappointment.

Bunch of people talking about Honka for Puljujarvi and in traditional Oilers nation fashion they scoff at it and think that Puljujarvi is worth more right now.

They traded Yakupov for Zach Pochiro and a conditional 3rd round pick, and somehow think Puljujarvi will fetch a lot more than that.

Just flat out ignorant.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Brett Ritchie must do something in practise coaches just love. This shit happened with all 3 coaches he played unter for the Stars as well. Played top6 at a time for all of them and first PP unit time as well . He just must be a monster in practise.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
It's gonna be awesome to see Ritchie in the Bruins' top six on opening night. He'll get his tribute video, take a couple of dumb penalties in the offensive zone or behind the play, and ultimately gift the victory to the Stars thanks to the resulting power play goal(s) that get scored.

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
I always thought Ritchie would amount to more. I mean he did have one really good season. I wish him the best with the Bruins but I'm sure this top 6 role will soon catch up to him and he'll again show why he's a 4th line/replacement player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad