OT: NHL Offseason (All non-Stars NHL talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Back off from my man

I still remember the year Tippett almost killed Turco because he hated the backup Stephan so much that aging Turco dressed in 74 games.

Last edited:

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
I still remember the year Tippett almost killed Turco because he hated as backup Stephan so much that aging Turco dressed in 74 games.

I'm sure some of the older members here remember but I was Tobi's biggest supporter. I was convinced Tobi slept with Tippet's wife cause it made no sense.

Whatever, Tobi has made a name for himself ever since he went back to Switzerland. One of the top goalies in the Swiss A league since 2011

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I'm sure some of the older members here remember but I was Tobi's biggest supporter. I was convinced Tobi slept with Tippet's wife cause it made no sense.

Whatever, Tobi has made a name for himself ever since he went back to Switzerland. One of the top goalies in the Swiss A league since 2011

Some bizarre Tippett logic probably. He was coaching for his job that year and must've been convinced riding Turco despite not actually beeing good that year was better than dressing the backup. I remember him beeing a bit shaky in a few games and then Tippett started Turco an insane number of games in a row including back to backs.

Hitch did the same thing with Kari two year ago after Bishop went down . Hell Hitch did the same thing in Edmonton last year with Koskinen.

Must be an oldschool coach thing. If you need to win games badly and hate the backup just ride the starter until he dies. Something like that.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
By the way Lausanne also has another former Stars player . Dustin Jeffrey

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Winnipeg is keeping Heinola up to start the season. He had a very impressive camp like Harley did but Winnipeg chose to keep him around. Not exactly the same situation since Heinola does not play in the CHL and likely wouldn't go to the AHL, but both are 18. Not to mention Winnipeg is scrambling a bit on D.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
By the way Lausanne also has another former Stars player . Dustin Jeffrey

Holy shit that's a name I haven't heard in a long time

Made me think of Brandon Segal too, and how a small contingent thought he was gonna become a 30 goal scorer :laugh:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Winnipeg is keeping Heinola up to start the season. He had a very impressive camp like Harley did but Winnipeg chose to keep him around. Not exactly the same situation since Heinola does not play in the CHL and likely wouldn't go to the AHL, but both are 18. Not to mention Winnipeg is scrambling a bit on D.

Yea, Winnipeg is absolutely desperate for talent on the blueline. Bit of a different situation where I think they just need good players.

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
I'm a little surprised to see Nic Petan on waivers. I'd prefer him in a depth scoring role on the cheap compared to most of our bottom six. He provides some good energy and potential, but then maybe you sacrifice the better shut down capability of some of our current roster bottom sixers.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I don't see what Petan provides for us or pretty much any NHL team with a decent top6. He's a really undersized forward who has to play top6 or is useless. Hell looking at career stats Tanner Kero has better NHL stats than Petan in less games and we waived the guy more than a week ago. Petan can't play in a bottom 6 role and he's not good enough for a top6 one either.

He's been a 2nd round pick but that was 6 six ago now. I don't think he's an upgrade over Dowling . Just the incredible junior stats blind people into think Petan is something he's just not.

He needs or needed to turn himself into a Cogliano type of player to become an NHL regular and he just hasn't done that yet and might never do that.

Last edited:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
So a goalie for a team that has an injured goaltender ( Arizona Rantaa ) and the Jets that are super desperate for defense that they claimed a third pairing LHD from the Hawks.

What happened to Aidin Hill in Arizona ? Wasn't he decent last year when he had to play ?

Sprong clearing suprised me a bit the rest though not at al.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad