OT: NHL Offseason (All non-Stars NHL talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Gallant should've called a f***ing timeout . He should've done so right after the Sharks scored their first goal to settle his team down and snuff out any resemblence of momentum but no he just allowed his team to completely collapse .

I'm not sad Vegas is out . I think they're dirty and because they had been the darlings of the league they've gotten away with it fairly often. Well i'm not gonna shed a god damn tear now that they get screwed once.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I want Washington knocked out too to guarantee a new Cup winner

Also Boston cause they won too recently for my liking

But it sucks cause I also want the teams with the big free agents to get knocked out (Columbus, San Jose)

Basically, I just want the Stars to win the Cup to make sure everyone else loses :)

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
They can bitch about the call all they want, there's absolutely no excuse to allow 4 goals in 5 minutes, major penalty or not. They should've finished it in game 5 or 6 anyway.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I want Washington knocked out too to guarantee a new Cup winner

I would appreciate even more chaos, but Washington is my #3 team so I'm fine either way. Same way I felt about TBL/CBJ. I like Tampa, but what CBJ did was just f***ing amazing, entertaining, and good for hockey.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I'm also amused that it was our old whipping boy Cody Eakin who was ejected after randomly having a career season.

Also controversy !!!!1112

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Even though it was a shitty call, especially a 5min. major if your up by 3 and collapse like that then that’s on you.

I was just about to flip the tv off when I walked back into the bedroom and Pavelski was on the ice. Perfect timing.

Hell of a game.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Not that the regular season means much, but San Jose swept Colorado in their RS meetings. 5-4, 4-3, 5-2, with two of those being later in the season (all since January 2nd).

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Not that the regular season means much, but San Jose swept Colorado in their RS meetings. 5-4, 4-3, 5-2, with two of those being later in the season (all since January 2nd).

Well Calgary swept the Avs in the RS as well and the Lightning swept the Jackets in dominating fashion in the RS . At this point it really doesn't matter anymore . Same with us beating the Blues 3:1 .

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Yeah that was a harmless play that ended up going wrong last night. Eakin is far from a dirty player sometimes injuries just happen in this sport.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I do get why it was called the way it was called though. We've seen this multiple times this season ( yeah regular season but still ) . Someone goes down and it looks really bad on something that was a penalty that player will be given 5 and the game . The way Pavelski went down you just knew the ref was looking for someone to throw out. I don't like how the result is called and not the infraction but since it is i wasn't exactly suprised this is how it was called.

Last edited:

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014

Maybe the blood pouring out of Pavs' face led to an exaggerated decision by the refs, but if you let in 4 goals like that, you deserve to lose. JM better be more worried about his team's PK skills. f*** Vegas anyway. How they're excluded from the Seattle expansion is beyond me considering how strong and deep the team is presently.

That said, big kudos to the Guppies and how they rallied around their captain. You could sense that something was going to happen as Thornton and co. helped Pavs off the ice and Vegas was in big trouble. I may be among the rare Stars fans whom admires the Sharks and how committed their GM has been to helping them win...despite Marchment and the slobbering PBP from Randy Hahn.

Here's hoping for a WCF showdown against them.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Maybe the blood pouring out of Pavs' face led to an exaggerated decision by the refs, but if you let in 4 goals like that, you deserve to lose.

Sure, but if the officials don't f*** up that bad and call something they didn't see, Vegas doesn't get a chance to blow the game and they win. I'm one who thinks that should be the focus. It's a situation that never should have happened. NHL (and most sports officiating) is brutally terrible to the core. Not just in quality but philosophy.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
How they're excluded from the Seattle expansion is beyond me considering how strong and deep the team is presently.

It was part of the agreement when they came into the league. The team doesn't participate in the draft and the owner doesn't get a cut of the Seattle buy-in. Us fans may not care about the owners' money, but you better believe they do.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
That’s tens of millions lost, just FYI. A lot would probably go to team expenses, but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->