OT: NHL Offseason (All non-Stars NHL talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
And Connor signed today as well.

Honka is now the only RFA left and obviously will not be getting a contract offer from Dallas. Whoever advised him to turn down his QO is an idiot.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I have no idea what the plan even was for that ? Did someone in Honkas camp think it would put pressure on the Stars ? If so how ? Stars don't care if Honka is here or not. Since he's not Stars save capspace for a guy they don't like to play anyway.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I have no idea what the plan even was for that ? Did someone in Honkas camp think it would put pressure on the Stars ? If so how ? Stars don't care if Honka is here or not. Since he's not Stars save capspace for a guy they don't like to play anyway.

Accepting the QO was the best way to pressure the Stars. That’s been obvious for over a year. We either deal him or lose him for nothing to waivers.

No one could’ve realistically expected him to make any more money than his QO from any team in the league.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Accepting the QO was the best way to pressure the Stars. That’s been obvious for over a year. We either deal him or lose him for nothing to waivers.

No one could’ve realistically expected him to make any more money than his QO from any team in the league.

Maybe the Honka thought there was much more interest in his service than it actually is ? The Stars gave Honkas camp the opportunity to find a deal and so far they aparently haven't come back with anything thats makes sense.

Well whatever. If his rights get traded or not i don't care. He's not coming back to the team so whatever

Zapp

Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
I'm pretty stoked to watch the Jackets this year. Bemstrom, Texier, Gavrikov and Nyquist will all be interesting to watch.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Interesting to see Sprong on waivers. Wasn't he highly regarded at some point by the Pens ? There's some NHL caliber players there but i doubt we see all that many claims if any. Roster are set now and just picking up a guy who hasn't gone through training camp with the team for a some depth role without signficant injuries. Just doesn't happen all that often.

By the way i think this means Gemel Smith made the Lightning

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Damn. Wish we had roster and cap space. I'd take Hickey, Ho-Sang, and Baertschi in a heartbeat. Maybe even Goldobin

And who do we move on from? None of these players move the needle in any way, and there's a reason they're being waived on teams with worse forward depth than us.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Don’t even think about grabbing Remi back Nill

some interesting names, but I doubt we make any moves. I’d take baertschi over Gury if it wasn’t for his 3.6 cap hit

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Don’t even think about grabbing Remi back Nill

some interesting names, but I doubt we make any moves. I’d take baertschi over Gury if it wasn’t for his 3.6 cap hit

I'd take Baertschi over anyone in our bottom 6 outside of Faksa if it wasn't for his cap hit

Zapp

Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
And who do we move on from? None of these players move the needle in any way, and there's a reason they're being waived on teams with worse forward depth than us.

Lol again, this is why I mentioned I wish we had roster/cap space. Context is important.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Sprong is can see getting picked up . Thats about the only guy i think.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Lol again, this is why I mentioned I wish we had roster/cap space. Context is important.

I'm aware, I can read.

Unless you're suggesting they be our 13th/14th forwards, I'm not sure who they're better than on our current roster. Perry and Gurianov, perhaps, but Ho-Sang and Goldobin are in very similar positions to Gurianov.

Baertschi, I'll give you. He'd be similar to Cogliano and Comeau for us, which never hurts to have more of.

Hickey is not a good hockey player. He's not better than Oleksiak, which is bad enough, and I'm not sure he's even better than Fedun in a vacuum. Couple the contract with his play and he'll be in Bridgeport for most of the season.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I'm aware, I can read.

Unless you're suggesting they be our 13th/14th forwards, I'm not sure who they're better than on our current roster. Perry and Gurianov, perhaps, but Ho-Sang and Goldobin are in very similar positions to Gurianov.

Baertschi, I'll give you. He'd be similar to Cogliano and Comeau for us, which never hurts to have more of.

Hickey is not a good hockey player. He's not better than Oleksiak, which is bad enough, and I'm not sure he's even better than Fedun in a vacuum. Couple the contract with his play and he'll be in Bridgeport for most of the season.

Baertschi gets hurt too often. Wouldn't touch that deal because of that.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Stars legend Tobias Stephan playing for Lausanne against the Flyers today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->