NHL News/Notes XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose

What is wrong with the NHL. Why do they think it's a good idea to do a super condensed season just to get 82 games. I can't imagine the players association would be ok with the number of back to backs that would be ncessary.

$$$$$ is all the NHL cares about sadly...

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
$$$$$ is all the NHL cares about sadly...

They are trying to start as late as they can to get infections under control, and hopefully a vaccine.

The NHL gets the majority of their income from ticket sales. They cannot survive on empty arenas.

While they may want to start in November or December, they may be forced to a later start date due to medical advice/local government regulations, to allow for "full" arenas.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
They are trying to start as late as they can to get infections under control, and hopefully a vaccine.

The NHL gets the majority of their income from ticket sales. They cannot survive on empty arenas.

While they may want to start in November or December, they may be forced to a later start date due to medical advice/local government regulations, to allow for "full" arenas.
Don't think starting late is the issue. I think everyone agrees it should start late. Trying to force an 82 game season by condensing the schedule is the issue.

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!

What is wrong with the NHL. Why do they think it's a good idea to do a super condensed season just to get 82 games. I can't imagine the players association would be ok with the number of back to backs that would be ncessary.

interesting to me that the NHLpa/players agreed to this. God forbid they give up some pay..

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
League has announce, in 47 page document, procedures for phase 4.

51 member traveling party, including coaches, trainer(s), equipment, players, social media/content creator, etc.

Announcers, media separate. Officials separate. Masks almost all the time (unless playing, broadcasting, eating/drinking).

(Players can leave secure area for say the birth of a child, but there's a "re-entry" process into the secure bubble that takes days they can't play.)

Reactions: The Ice Hockey Dude

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!
League has announce, in 47 page document, procedures for phase 4.

51 member traveling party, including coaches, trainer(s), equipment, players, social media/content creator, etc.

Announcers, media separate. Officials separate. Masks almost all the time (unless playing, broadcasting, eating/drinking).

(Players can leave secure area for say the birth of a child, but there's a "re-entry" process into the secure bubble that takes days they can't play.)

good news! nhl hockey will be back soon!!

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
The name Kraken is legitimately embarrassing meme tier trash, it's actually worse than Golden Knights

The logo is quite nice

The jerseys are. . . fine

LeeIFBB

Crossing the Rubicon
Sep 30, 2011
Tanning Bed
logo looks like a seahorse

also looks like something that would appear dated after a while, but would be hard to alter without completely changing

Last edited:
Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
I think they will have an alternate logo showing more than just the tip of one tentacle.

But not seeing the monster gives a lot of future.

The eye makes it menacing as well.

Reactions: Sandisfan

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I honestly think that Seattle knocked it out of the park (or if you don't want your sports metaphors mixed, they sniped it top shelf).

Yes, the "kraken" name is silly, but better to own it than pick something boring and forgettable. The color scheme is different than anything else and the jerseys look cool. I like the red pop of the trim, but of course I also like the Sharks' orange so I know I'm in the minority there.

The logos are simple and I wish they had something a bit more ornate or logo-y for a main so that the "S" could be an alternate, I still dig the layers in it. And the anchor having that low-key Space Needle is super cool.

I'm also really happy they didn't go for some sort of faux-traditionalism 1930 retro throwback design since everyone now seems to crow that no team should've changed their look in the last 50 years. It's a unique look and I think it's going to be something popular for fans and potentially outside the direct hockey realm too.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I honestly think that Seattle knocked it out of the park (or if you don't want your sports metaphors mixed, they sniped it top shelf).

Yes, the "kraken" name is silly, but better to own it than pick something boring and forgettable. The color scheme is different than anything else and the jerseys look cool. I like the red pop of the trim, but of course I also like the Sharks' orange so I know I'm in the minority there.

The logos are simple and I wish they had something a bit more ornate or logo-y for a main so that the "S" could be an alternate, I still dig the layers in it. And the anchor having that low-key Space Needle is super cool.

I'm also really happy they didn't go for some sort of faux-traditionalism 1930 retro throwback design since everyone now seems to crow that no team should've changed their look in the last 50 years. It's a unique look and I think it's going to be something popular for fans and potentially outside the direct hockey realm too.

LOL. You always makes everything sound so eloquent.

I agree with pretty much everything. I think the name Kraken just fits in our city/area. Its different. Its fun (to me). I love the logo on its own. My visual creativity/imagination is very poor so till I see the logo on the jersey, I won't be able to say if I like it there or not. Fan of the colors as well.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

Used As A Shield

Aug 10, 2011
LOL. You always makes everything sound so eloquent.

I agree with pretty much everything. I think the name Kraken just fits in our city/area. Its different. Its fun (to me). I love the logo on its own. My visual creativity/imagination is very poor so till I see the logo on the jersey, I won't be able to say if I like it there or not. Fan of the colors as well.
kraken.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad